No announcement yet.

Fighters who get a pass for doping

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    The fury situation is a complete mess. To think if it wasnt for a leak then we probably wouldnt have heard about this at all and its been, what, a year and a half?

Tony Thompson was a similar case.

Complete shambles from UKAD.
    None of these national anti-doping agencies can be trusted. They are too easily influenced by their own sporting bodies and star athletes. We've seen how shady USADA have been in boxing. And RUSADA are a sham.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
      Neither have I. The Furys tried to spin like they had been cleared when the provisional suspension had been lifted. But that's purely a procedural thing whereby the provisional suspension is removed pending the hearing, after which the full suspension is served if the fighter can't explain the test away. And how are they going to explain away nandrolone?
      The whole thing was fishy anyways, but when Fury-Klitschko II was rescheduled for Oct'16 Fish-Eye Warren said the tribunal will happen after the fight goes through & then came the news that Fury failed VADA for coke, followed by Fury is medically unfit.. All along this looked a cover up to hide the drug tests results & postpone the hearing.. What I believe is after a lot of dust blown their way, Team Wlad put their lawyers to task & had them impose clauses in the rematch for VADA & also monitor the tribunal..

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
        The whole thing was fishy anyways, but when Fury-Klitschko II was rescheduled for Oct'16 Fish-Eye Warren said the tribunal will happen after the fight goes through & then came the news that Fury failed VADA for coke, followed by Fury is medically unfit.. All along this looked a cover up to hide the drug tests results & postpone the hearing.. What I believe is after a lot of dust blown their way, Team Wlad put their lawyers to task & had them impose clauses in the rematch for VADA & also monitor the tribunal..
        The Furys definitely put up a smokescreen themselves. Starting with the injury which amazingly occurred the same day at the charging letter arrived. If he was willing to fake an injury as part of a cover-up then the rest of it is probably a cover-up too.

Would love to know the whole truth though. Will probably be a while before we get it.

Comment

Fury was popped for nandro in February 2015, in a UKAD test. For some reason he was still allowed to fight Wlad in November of that year 'pending a UKAD hearing'.

UKAD did not issue the charging letter until June of 2016. The very same day the letter was issued, Fury allegedly injured his ankle in training and had to withdraw from the Klitschko fight.

UKAD then announced in August of 2016 that the athletes would have the right to an independent hearing in order to challenge the finding and the suspension.

Since then neither camp have said anything, but neither Fury is active. If the Furys had been cleared at that hearing, do you think they would have said nothing about it?

We know two things for sure:

(1) Fury was popped for nandro and a mandatory suspension was imposed, and

(2) he was offered a hearing to contest the suspension.

My take is that he was dirty, couldn't explain it, and is currently suspended.
          Yeah i knew that, but only from a crappy UK newspaper, that isnt exactly totally credible source..

This may sound bad, but the fact they are gypsies make me distrust their excuses even more, 'acne' and 'depression' seem's like excuses cooked up in desperation tbh.

I would give the benefit of the doubt, but too many coincidences imo.

Is there any official statements from UKAD about this?

Comment

None of these national anti-doping agencies can be trusted. They are too easily influenced by their own sporting bodies and star athletes. We've seen how shady USADA have been in boxing. And RUSADA are a sham.
            Drug testing is an impossible problem in a lot of ways. Sports governing bodies really have zero incentive other than public pressure to implement an effective drug testing regime, and then when they catch a bunch of athletes, everyone thinks your sport is a ped haven.

The more cheats you catch the more people think that sport is dirty. Like cycling has one of the best drugs testing regimes in the world, Armstrong situation aside, complete with long term monitering of cyclists stats that will pick up the signs of drug abuse, but no one says that cycling is a clean sport because the ****ers are getting popped all the time.

Its like paying for your own sports downfall.

Only way is for journos and public to keep the pressure on. But it will always be a losing battle

Comment

Roy Jones Jr, Floyd Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                Yeah i knew that, but only from a crappy UK newspaper, that isnt exactly totally credible source..

This may sound bad, but the fact they are gypsies make me distrust their excuses even more, 'acne' and 'depression' seem's like excuses cooked up in desperation tbh.

I would give the benefit of the doubt, but too many coincidences imo.

Is there any official statements from UKAD about this?
                UKAD's position:

Which is a steaming crock of ****. It basically means an athlete with the resources can drag an appeals process on endlessly, and UKAD will not formally announce a violation until the entire appeals process has been finished. Even if it takes several years.

This total lack of transparency is why such agencies can't be trusted.

Comment

Didn't Morales test positive for something before the second Garcia fight, but they just went on with it anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                    Didn't Morales test positive for something before the second Garcia fight, but they just went on with it anyway?
                    Clenbuterol.

USADA:

(1) told no one except Golden Boy until 3 days before the fight where they also told the commission, and

(2) kept testing Morales in the hope that he would come up clean.

Unbelievable stuff. As bad as anything Texas did with Chavez Jr.

Comment

Clenbuterol.

USADA:

(1) told no one except Golden Boy until 3 days before the fight where they also told the commission, and

(2) kept testing Morales in the hope that he would come up clean.

Unbelievable stuff. As bad as anything Texas did with Chavez Jr.
                      Oh man, almost forgot about Chavez Jr, Texas commission is the worst

Comment

Working...
                      X