Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergey Kovalev vs. Juergen Braehmer is Ordered By The WBA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Braehmer, isn't that the old guy who ducked Calzaghe at 168 and moved up to 175 to fight unknowns in Germany?

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
      Don't worry guy's Ward will most probably pull out for the kova fight anyways.
      Ward will be feeling a sense of relief right now.

He may have a way to postpone fighting Kovalev without looking bad.

Comment

I don't understand why they didn't order Braehmer vs Bivol? Bivol is ranked #1/interim champ, Braehmer is the regular champ.

I wonder if they're tryna get some 'step aside' money from Kovalev to go ahead with Ward fight.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
          What's happening here is that someone from Sauerland got in contact with the WBA to remind (or pay) them that Braehmer is the mandatory. They know that Kovalev isn't going give up the big fight with Ward to fight Braehmer, so they'll just force him to vacate the belt. Same thing Kathy Duva did to Tyson Fury. The only difference here is that Braehmer doesn't have to fight someone to become the WBA champion, he gets promoted to WBA Super Champion as soon as the belt is vacated.

Braehmer will end up holding the WBA belt hostage in Germany.
          If Kova vacates and Braehmer becomes the super champ, he will have to fight my man Bivol soon who's #1/interim champ. That would be a big opportunity and an easy fight for Bivol.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
            If Kova vacates and Braehmer becomes the super champ, he will have to fight my man Bivol soon who's #1/interim champ. That would be a big opportunity and an easy fight for Bivol.
            Not exactly. When Braehmer becomes the super champion, he isn't obligated to fight his mandatory for 18 months. There won't be a mandatory challenger either. Bivol will have to fight for the regular title and then he'll be in line to fight for the super title.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
              I don't understand why they didn't order Braehmer vs Bivol? Bivol is ranked #1/interim champ, Braehmer is the regular champ.

I wonder if they're tryna get some 'step aside' money from Kovalev to go ahead with Ward fight.
              The order is towards the Super Champion. Bivol has nothing to do with this. Who's below Kovalev?

Comment

lol the WBA is so full of ****. They know damn well Kovalev vs Ward is planned already and had been for some time, yet with Golovkin vs Jacobs it was "we're not going to get in the way of a Canelo fight" and then nothing.

They know Kovalev isn't going to take this fight so long as Ward is happening.

Comment

Get the **** out of here bruh.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                    lol the WBA is so full of ****. They know damn well Kovalev vs Ward is planned already and had been for some time, yet with Golovkin vs Jacobs it was "we're not going to get in the way of a Canelo fight" and then nothing.

They know Kovalev isn't going to take this fight so long as Ward is happening.
                    Of course not. They struck a deal with Sauerland to make Braehmer the super champion.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                      Don't worry guy's Ward will most probably pull out for the kova fight anyways.
                      Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                      Ward will be feeling a sense of relief right now.

He may have a way to postpone fighting Kovalev without looking bad.
                      seems like the same posters who support certain fighters hope and pray Ward just disappears....amazing

Comment

Working...
                      X