No announcement yet.

Marquez overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
    l think it's a psychological defense mechanism which we must understand. lt's a pride thing that carried him to where he is now. Without it, jmm wouldn't be what he is now, surpassing barrera and morales.
    JMM defiantly has Pride. Maybe a little to much. But still, people shouldn't confuse that with his ability in the ring. I mean come on...this man drinks his own pee on TV. Thats confidence.

Comment

I've always said he is. He don't belong that high up on P4P lists. Not before he KOed Pac anyway.

Pacman made this fool.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
        What the hell. You cant discredit him if you dont know how good his lower class wins were. How the hell can you call a fighter great then say hes overrated? If hes great hes great and perfectly rated. Doesnt make sense.

You forgot why he fought Pac in the first place because he was a top guy in the lower weight classes. Obviously welterweight isnt his prime divison but the fact he lost a close fight with Bradley and schooled Pac the 3rd time before KTFO the next time AT 38-40 years old is nothing short of amazing.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
        Who did he beat in the lower weight??

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
          JMM defiantly has Pride. Maybe a little to much. But still, people shouldn't confuse that with his ability in the ring. I mean come on...this man drinks his own pee on TV. Thats confidence.
          The same pride and skill that made him what he is. The dude is a legend, bar pee drinking. lol

Comment

The same pride and skill that made him what he is. The dude is a legend, bar pee drinking. lol
            One of my ATGs thats for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterHardtop View Post
              He has looked mediocre when fighting some of the best fighters around, being thoroughly outboxed by the likes of John and Bardley. He has struggled against Katsidis and Diaz in the best, neither of whom are world class by any stretch of the imagination.
              Most had him winning against John, despite hometown judging and reffing, and he was 40 years old against Bradley, and still made it very close. Thoroughly outboxed against John though?

Good one mate.

Every fighter struggles with lesser foes. Shall we bring up every lesser foe that all the greats have struggled with, and lost to?

Barrera vs Jones?
              Morales vs Espadas?
              Pac vs Sanchez?

What about Duran vs Laing?
              Ali vs Spinks?
              Pac vs Singsurat?
              Whitaker vs Hurtado?

That's just one for each. I can think of many more that were as hard and harder for them against lesser fighters than Diaz.

The fact you bring two fights against top rated fighters/champions as if that somehow proves something just shows how little you know and how foolish you are.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                One of my ATGs thats for sure.
                lol. Got to hit the sack, bro. Talk to you later.

Comment

lol. Got to hit the sack, bro. Talk to you later.
                  good nite my friend.

Comment

Marquez, Barrera, and Morales were all vastly overrated at their peaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy2g3 View Post
                      Am I the only person that feel like Marquez is overrated? Why is he still on top of everyone's p4p lists. There are so many fighters at 140-147 that I'd pick to beat him. I know he's a technician and a great fighter, but because of the Pacquiao fights, he gets special treatment.

Salido, Pacquiao, Barrera and who else is relevant that Marquez beat.

I'd pick Garcia, Matthysse, Rios, Alexander, Amir Khan, L. Peterson Provonikov, Guerrero, Broner, Mosley, and Rios to beat him.

I'd pick Marquez against Berto, Soto-Karass, Kell Brook, and Thurman though.

Let me know why people rate Marquez so high.

*Disclaimer I'm not discrediting Marquez, but I think he's overrated.
                      The Barrera fight was close and Barrera didn't get credit for a crucial knockdown. Barrera should have got the decision. Didn't hear Marquez whining about the judges for that one.

Comment

Working...
                      X