Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really someone wants to see Broner/Burns?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burns isn't as bad as you think but he's not as good as others in this thread are making him out to be. He doesn't do anything special, he's just a solid, well rounded boxer who makes the most of his huge height advantage.

He doesn't have any power either, although he's physically strong - so nothing to discourage Broner walking inside. He really has come out of nowhere to where he is now and his recent opposition is really hindering his progression but he's a tough guy and he's worthy of sharing the ring with Broner, unlike Rees.

Comment

Whether it's an easy fight for Broner remains to be seen, it still should happen. The guy is one of the top lightweights around; so he should just get a pass and not fight Broner because he probably loses? That's not how boxing works, I think Broner should gun fro Burns in May and Vazquez in August to claim lightweight kingship.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        broner hasn't fought anyone with rees' size either.
        green k haha

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          broner hasn't fought anyone with rees' size either.
          The hands can't hit what the eyes can't see.

This picture has left many folks scratching their heads for years - apparently there is another fully fledged adult male in this picture with Big Enzo.

'He is there,' said Biologist Tim Brown when pushed on whether rumours were true of Gavin Rees also being in the picture.

Comment

Broner has moved up to lightweight and Burns is the best one there. He’s like the ONLY one there! Especially after distinguishing DeMarco. Unless a catch-weight match can be made with Gamboa, there’s nobody else at 135lb besides Burns for Broner to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by GAR1680-Boxing View Post
              Broner has moved up to lightweight and Burns is the best one there. He’s like the ONLY one there! Especially after distinguishing DeMarco. Unless a catch-weight match can be made with Gamboa, there’s nobody else at 135lb besides Burns for Broner to fight.
              Ever heard of a guy named Miguel Vazquez?

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                Ever heard of a guy named Miguel Vazquez?
                Not a big fan of his style but he could give Broner all kinds of trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                  Recently I sat and watched a couple of Ricky Burns's fights and I dont see a fight with Broner going past 3 rounds. Maybe I watched the wrong fights.........Nah it would be a blowout. I aint trying to throw darts at him but there is absolutely no reason to avoid him outside the fact that he wants too much money. Now in his defense I could see why he wants big bucks guaranteed because in his heart of hearts he knows the beating he would be in for. Can anyone enlighten me If Im missing something that would make this fight competitive?

You not missing anything, Broner would tax that a$$.

Comment

Burns has no power to keep Broner off him. Too fast, too strong ,too athletic, Broner by mid rounds KO.

I can see why Burns wouldn't want to fight him, next to no chance to win, and he probably wouldn't even look good.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                      Not a big fan of his style but he could give Broner all kinds of trouble.
                      Yup, I think he's the only tough fight stylistically at 135 for Broner. No doubt it'd be a snoozer but Vazquez will present many problems for Da Problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X