Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Spence-Thurman, Charlo, Lubin, PEDs, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Charlos could silence the critics by doing VADA testing. Why would people who seem to be so bothered about what others say (see post fight antics) not want to clear the perception that they may be cheating?

Comment

Originally posted by Edward90 View Post
      Spence was VADA tested against Kell Brook... There were suspicions of him. Now, they have gone away...
      Good, thanks!

If Spence, a guy from their own camp is doing Vada and the Charlos are not, that's not a good look for them. The PED suspicion is the only thing preventing me from being a total "fan" of the brothers at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward90 View Post
        I don't like how Jermell is being perceived as the aggressor in all of this. Lubin came out and called him a paper champ before the fight. Lubin did most of the talking before the fight. Similarly to JRock vs. Jermall. JRock did all of the talk before the fight. After the fight, it is suspected that someone on Lubin's team threw a chair at Jermall, Derrick James and the cutman. Someone threw a chair at them, but it isn't confirmed that it was somone from Lubin's team. That's why Jermall asked Lubin if he was ok because they believe someone from his team threw the chair. People who are crying about testing now are the same ones who were saying that Lubin was going to beat Jermell easily. You can't have it both ways.... The Charlos have no problem shaking hands with fighters who show them respect. I don't recall any problem with Jermall and Heiland. These dudes just have a nasty demeanor and don't take to disrespect lightly. I like that in a fighter. Don't talk sideways and want to hug up later. Be good sportsmen after and BEFORE the fights and maybe this wouldn't be as much of a problem..

With that being said, I do wish more people got the VADA testing. However, you can't just point fingers at Charlos. If only 5% of boxers are signed up, put pressure on the entire 95% who aren't, not just the one you don't like.
        Yeah, I didn't like how Breadman didn't mention the post fight incident.
        Where was Demetrius to really start some ***** last saturday!

Comment

Originally posted by Afi23 View Post
          Yeah, I didn't like how Breadman didn't mention the post fight incident.
          Where was Demetrius to really start some ***** last saturday!
          I was wondering why he didn't mention it too. But seems like there's something personal here, as suggested by some posters.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
            I was wondering why he didn't mention it too. But seems like there's something personal here, as suggested by some posters.
            J-Rock got rocked that's what happened.

Comment

I agree that the Charlo brothers are beyond extra after they win fights.

They act like they just beat an undisputed world champion after every win regardless of who they fought. It's annoying. And definitely has come off as disrespectful to their beaten opponents. I don't get into it. It keeps me from being a fan of their's.

I keep up with them obviously, but I just always think it's a bad look.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                Clean testing is different from VADA. You sign up for Clean Testing but it it's not a given that you are tested. When you sign up for VADA you will be tested.
                I disagree with breadman about the VADA/Clean testing thing. He seems to make it if Vada is more efficient in catching people as opposed to the clean testing program.

But doesn't it make it infinitely harder to cycle peds when you have no idea when or if you're going to be tested or not?

These guys can test anyone at any time, so how the **** do you cycle under those circumstances?

I think Breadman is supporting the other narrative because the fighters that he likes are on that side of the spectrum (Andre Ward, GGG), and of course one of the Charlos KO'd his fighter.

Ask him if Jrock is paying for VADA testing and here what he has to say, let him explain why his fighter is not paying for VADA testing but he expects the Charlos, who are still undercard fighters getting paid only 100K per fight, to pay for Vada testing.

Comment

Charlos should keep doing what they are doing. They just need to fight more often. Unless the top guys are scared of them, they will get big fights if they keep winning the way they do.

They should enroll in USADA or VADA. If they keep winning they will surely have to take tests if they want the huge money fights. If they are cheating, they will get caught.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                    I disagree with breadman about the VADA/Clean testing thing. He seems to make it if Vada is more efficient in catching people as opposed to the clean testing program.

But doesn't it make it infinitely harder to cycle peds when you have no idea when or if you're going to be tested or not?

These guys can test anyone at any time, so how the **** do you cycle under those circumstances?

I think Breadman is supporting the other narrative because the fighters that he likes are on that side of the spectrum (Andre Ward, GGG), and of course one of the Charlos KO'd his fighter.

Ask him if Jrock is paying for VADA testing and here what he has to say, let him explain why his fighter is not paying for VADA testing but he expects the Charlos, who are still undercard fighters getting paid only 100K per fight, to pay for Vada testing.
                    In theory you should only need the cleaning testing program, but with only 5% having been tested there must be funding issues to do such a thing.

Instead of paying for testing for a fight they should put all the money into a pot, make everyone contribute, so that a proper clean testing program can be installed.

Anyone that don't contribute gets told to **** off

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_R View Post
                      I agree that the Charlo brothers are beyond extra after they win fights.

They act like they just beat an undisputed world champion after every win regardless of who they fought. It's annoying. And definitely has come off as disrespectful to their beaten opponents. I don't get into it. It keeps me from being a fan of their's.

I keep up with them obviously, but I just always think it's a bad look.
                      It's not like these guys are the nWo spray painting Lions Only on their opponents back.

Who cares if you don't shake an opponents hand this aint 9 year old little league baseball. 2 guys were just trying to take each others heads off lol.

And they are not talking smack about their oppents either. It was Lubin who predicted a 3rd round KO and said Charlo was a paper champ.
                      It was J-Rock who said Charlo was ducking him and that he's fought no one.

I don't remember the Charlos saying anything.

Comment

Working...
                      X