Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Has COX as their Internet Provider?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Has COX as their Internet Provider?

i downloaded some movies and tv series from kickass and extratorrent. next thing ya know they sent me a letter that i had to erase those downloaded files or i will be fined and they will stop the service.

the fuq?

I'd look at competitors in your area if I was you. F#ck all these cats trying to control the internet. The more money mfers keep giving them the sh^t like this you can expect.

But yea this is becoming more of a thing with various companies.

Comment

Cox sucks c0cks.

In my area, you're only allowed to pick one service provider depending what part of town you stay in, so you can't shop around.

I have Spectrum (formally Time Warner) and they did the same to me when I downloaded torrents. They didn't really threaten me like that exactly, they just sent me a warning basically saying I'm allowed two more strikes before they enforce disciplinary action which could include a fine or suspension of service

I use a VPN whenever I download now.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Up View Post
        i downloaded some movies and tv series from kickass and extratorrent. next thing ya know they sent me a letter that i had to erase those downloaded files or i will be fined and they will stop the service.

the fuq?
        I had a few of those from them.

The best solution to avoid your service being suspended, is to use a VPN when downloading torrent or get a seedbox for the ultra in privacy.

Comment

My company gets thousands of those emails a week from people using our client's wifi to download torrents.

There's no possibility of you getting in trouble, but as others have stated, use a VPN.

Comment

the fuq?
            I got that notice for downloading an episode of a show once. Something I downloaded from a public tracker like kickass. I never received a notice on anything I got from private trackers. Tell them you deleted it and try to avoid public trackers.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              I'd look at competitors in your area if I was you. F#ck all these cats trying to control the internet. The more money mfers keep giving them the sh^t like this you can expect.

But yea this is becoming more of a thing with various companies.
              Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
              Cox sucks c0cks.

In my area, you're only allowed to pick one service provider depending what part of town you stay in, so you can't shop around.

I have Spectrum (formally Time Warner) and they did the same to me when I downloaded torrents. They didn't really threaten me like that exactly, they just sent me a warning basically saying I'm allowed two more strikes before they enforce disciplinary action which could include a fine or suspension of service

I use a VPN whenever I download now.
              Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
              I had a few of those from them.

The best solution to avoid your service being suspended, is to use a VPN when downloading torrent or get a seedbox for the ultra in privacy.
              Originally posted by paulf View Post
              My company gets thousands of those emails a week from people using our client's wifi to download torrents.

There's no possibility of you getting in trouble, but as others have stated, use a VPN.
              thanks for the replies brothers. good thing i didn't download graphic **** vids and what not. that would be embarrassing.

anyway can you guys suggest a good vpn. im not too familiar with that. sorry not a techy guy here.

thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                I got that notice for downloading an episode of a show once. Something I downloaded from a public tracker like kickass. I never received a notice on anything I got from private trackers. Tell them you deleted it and try to avoid public trackers.
                never knew it was like this now. i downloaded some shows back in May and didn't got a letter such as this. lol

Comment

never knew it was like this now. i downloaded some shows back in May and didn't got a letter such as this. lol
                  Mine was about a year ago. I believe it has more to do with what you download. Some networks and record companies pursue downloads and put more pressure on the cable companies than others. For example, HBO does not pursue downloaders of boxing as much as TNT does basketball or NBC does it's shows. They put pressure on public trackers to reveal IP addresses and our cable companies send us notices.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                    Mine was about a year ago. I believe it has more to do with what you download. Some networks and record companies pursue downloads and put more pressure on the cable companies than others. For example, HBO does not pursue downloaders of boxing as much as TNT does basketball or NBC does it's shows. They put pressure on public trackers to reveal IP addresses and our cable companies send us notices.
                    one of the movie that was flagged was Hitman's Bodyguard.

fuck Ryan Reynolds.

Comment

Working...
                    X