Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Wilder, Parker Do Not Warrant a 50-50 Split With Joshua!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 619 southpaw View Post
    Man these dudes already positioning to not take the fight
    EXACTLY, Hearn trying to stall negotiations prolly cause Wilder has publicly called out Joshua for juicing.

I can't say definitively if Joshua is juicing, but I will say that I haven't seen a physique like that since the movie Hercules.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 southpaw View Post
      Man these dudes already positioning to not take the fight
      yep....damn shame

Comment

No ****. Parker and especially Wilder are basically unknowns compared to Joshua. Neither has had the exposure of stopping a Klitschko. Split should be 80-20 for those fights IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
          should he? Whos wilder actually beat that puts him above pulev in the pecking order?
          I meant that he's a higher value commodity. He can make $2m from Uncle Al fighting bums in Alabama. What kinda money does Pulev generate?

Even with Wilder's windmilling I imagine most would rate him over Pulev.

Comment

I agree with Hearn

Wilder and Parker make peanuts without a Joshua fight

Joshua sells out stadiums ..... obviously he's gonna take a bigger cut

If you think overwise your a dafty

Comment

all the Wilder teabaggers on here saying this is positioning to not take the fight.. get a ****ing grip.

This article is absolute common sense, there is no ****ing way that wilder or Parker deserve even split with AJ. Neither of them bring in a shred of the financial and commercial clout that Anthony Joshua does.

Deontay wilder gets 5 mil max, and he should be ****ing glad of it.

Comment

Parker's last 3 purses (excluding the Cojanu fight) have all been bigger than Wilder's biggest purse, from what I've heard.

I know you guys see him as obscure and that's fine but New Zealand is a relatively wealth country (even if it's small) and his core fan base is pretty supportive. Not meaning to generalise, but I think Parker's fan base can and will pay higher PPV fees than Wilder's core in Alabama. Also, boxing fans in the US have a range of different options to support. New Zealand (and Australian) fans only have a handful of top fighters, so their options are limited and they're more likely to support the guys they have.

Comment

Originally posted by Straightener View Post
                  Wilder and Parker make peanuts without a Joshua fight
                  Parker's most recent fights have all been 1 million plus purses for him.

It is peanuts compared to Joshua but it's not like he's scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Comment

This is posturing but who cares that is the fight with the big money and if Wilder is a chump they will take the easy money. Getting over in America is of much greater importance to Joshua than anything to do with continental Europe (he already took care of the business needed there) or New Zealand at the present and beating Wilder is the best path and the best paying way to go about that. I mean Joshua doesn't need to do that he can make a lot doing whatever but if you are talking about him maximizing his money but generally people in his position care about that

It is only matter of if not when even if one of them loses I still imagine they will fight because heavy is not that deep and they are two of the better known guys.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                      all the Wilder teabaggers on here saying this is positioning to not take the fight.. get a ****ing grip.

This article is absolute common sense, there is no ****ing way that wilder or Parker deserve even split with AJ. Neither of them bring in a shred of the financial and commercial clout that Anthony Joshua does.

Deontay wilder gets 5 mil max, and he should be ****ing glad of it.
                      It'll be 60/40 or 70/30. But Wilder will earn between $10 - 20 million with that split. Joshua would earn $30 - 40 million.

Parker would probably get 80/20 or 70/30.

Comment

Working...
                      X