Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why arent fans allowed to get excited by lomachenko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
    I just don't see this great fighter, I've seen nothing to suggest it. If anything I feel like the one being trolled by the masses, I feel like Truman.
    This is a stupid post and probably why the TS feels it necessary to make these threads. Calling him overrated by his fans is one thing, but calling him NOT a great fighter is pretty silly.

He is a great fighter, his competition level has been sufficiently high to prove that, also taking into account the manner of victory, he's been dominant against world champions, only elite fighters do that. I'm 100% confident he will continue to do that as well.

Comment

They call this guy the "matrix" yet he gets tagged all over by a D+ fighter (at best). It's fine to enjoy Loma, but not overhype him. These are the guys elite fighters tend to feast upon to look beastly. Lomachenko looked average and ended up with a busted face. He is a good fighter but definitely not great.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
        This...it's always been the case here. Most educated people realise just how good Loma is, but there is getting excited and getting over exuberant and going WAY over the top.

The problem I have is the TS and fan boys don't like it when people give a fair and well thought out assessment of his abilities, and pick against him when paired up against other great fighters, ie. Floyd, I use that example because there was a thread recently.

Doesn't mean he isn't a truly great fighter in his own right. Also his story is still being written so we don't know where his ceiling is. Which often makes these hypothetical match ups impossible to read anyway as they are premature.

Also this is rich coming from the TS, after the amount of disgusting threads he put up about Ward, who is a 1st ballot hall of famer
        Agree with every point made. Good post.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          fair points. Given it was a return fight at 130 coming off a shoulder surgery, ESPN probably was better served not to create such crazy expectations during the pre fight hype.

However, the fight did do 1.87 mil viewers so I guess I can't really criticize that.
          Yeah, I was surprised by the numbers myself. A good performance overall.

And I give Mayweather more praise than I used to do. He did a lot of great things in there and beat several great fighters. His legacy is very secure. The Canelo win was very impressive as were many others. I guess, like Willy Wanker said, I've gotten older and don't feel as inclined to argue back and forth. I mean, let's face it. We've seen some pretty damn special talents come along through the years and that's a great thing if you're a boxing fan. And only more greatness to come I'm sure. I love knowing I can jump on YT anytime and check out some masterful boxers whenever I want. Good times that we live in...

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
            Yeah, I was surprised by the numbers myself. A good performance overall.

And I give Mayweather more praise than I used to do. He did a lot of great things in there and beat several great fighters. His legacy is very secure. The Canelo win was very impressive as were many others. I guess, like Willy Wanker said, I've gotten older and don't feel as inclined to argue back and forth. I mean, let's face it. We've seen some pretty damn special talents come along through the years and that's a great thing if you're a boxing fan. And only more greatness to come I'm sure. I love knowing I can jump on YT anytime and check out some masterful boxers whenever I want. Good times that we live in...
            That is good to see. I think we all need to realize that lowering Floyd, Manny, Bhop, Loma and other greats of the recent eras only means the greats that follow them will not get celebrated as they should.

I for one like it when a fight is tougher than expected. we all as boxing fans should want a better than expected fight than a fight we get hyped for become a one sided domination.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
              This is a stupid post and probably why the TS feels it necessary to make these threads. Calling him overrated by his fans is one thing, but calling him NOT a great fighter is pretty silly.

He is a great fighter, his competition level has been sufficiently high to prove that, also taking into account the manner of victory, he's been dominant against world champions, only elite fighters do that. I'm 100% confident he will continue to do that as well.
              No he ain't and I suspect after his last two performances Lomachenko ain't as big headed anymore which is at least a plus. It's time his fans came back down to earth.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                That is good to see. I think we all need to realize that lowering Floyd, Manny, Bhop, Loma and other greats of the recent eras only means the greats that follow them will not get celebrated as they should.

I for one like it when a fight is tougher than expected. we all as boxing fans should want a better than expected fight than a fight we get hyped for become a one sided domination.
                Oh me, too, man. When a showcase fight turns competitive and even sometimes a war, it's such energy there. Really makes new boxing fans too, imo. Kind of like the Dogboe fight. I'm sure most expected him to beat Navarette with ease but that didn't happen and it's good to see competitive matches always. I can see where good matchmaking could be a very tough skill to learn, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                  No he ain't and I suspect after his last two performances Lomachenko ain't as big headed anymore which is at least a plus. It's time his fans came back down to earth.
                  You are absolutely in the minority if you don't think he's a great fighter, you'd get laughed out of the room in most boxing circles...no offence

He might be more humble, I personally don't see him as arrogant or anything, more factual, matter of fact, which can rub people up the wrong way, and for sure most fan bases of successful fighters are annoying, his no different

Comment

Hate sells fights.

Comment

It comes with the territory of any great fighter.

Name a great fighter since the internet has been a thing and you will see this.

Comment

Working...
                      X