Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why arent fans allowed to get excited by lomachenko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flo_Raiden View Post
    It's really a shame to see where boxing fans in general have devolved to. Any fighter who gets praised to the high heavens will also open up people who take the opportunity to hate on said fighter. They'll use unrealistic high standards to criticize a fighter if any of those standards aren't met. The fact that Loma barely loses a round, not get touched, but couldn't stop the opponent and still gets criticized for his performance just shows how good of a fighter he is, it's actually a compliment to him because people really do see how special of a fighter he is. Unfortunately it's just a way for people to have an excuse to throw criticisms at him.

That also goes with other fighters too such as Pac, Floyd, Canelo, GGG, Ward, Crawford, etc. Fight fans love to set up these high standards and expectations on fighters that they don't like just so they can say a negative comment on them and get other people triggered. It's really sad to see.

Well said.

I'm too old of a boxing fan to get all emotional and defensive when people unfairly criticize a fighter for not looking as spectacular as he usually does, especially Loma who is recovering from an injury.

We'll see how Loma looks in his next fight. Boxers are only human and can't always looks like superman even in their primes.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Hasn't this been the case for a long time going back to other highly successful boxers?
      Yeah, I can agree with you there. I don't if it's just a boxing fan thing or what. When a new talent comes up, everyone is cool for a while and then the nicknames and bad comments start popping up. Haha. I guess it's to be expected. I think there's a level-headed group though, who give praise to Loma and others. And the set-up for this fight didn't help. Too many expectations that Loma will blow Pedraza way with no resistance even at this top level. It gets crazy around here. Haha. But yeah. You're right. There's always a group that whittles down victories. Gonna definitely try to keep things positive from myself for the most part. If you don't like a fighter and he wins, just don't say anything or give him praise and move on. No need to tear down a win.

Comment

Loma gets all the credit he deserves. the comments on this site don't speak for the entire world lol. as far as nicknames ALL boxers, great or not, get that treatment around here. some fans are motivated to "hate" just to troll and others are just racist. but boxing fans, like all sports fans, are tribal minded. that'll never change. but no boxer at the moment is even close to reaching the level of "hate" that a prime Mayweather was on. and i doubt we'll ever see a fighter get hated on as much as Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
          Ain’t that what they been doing all along. Lol

I think they bash his fans because they tend to be noobs who know jack ****ttt about the sport and think Loma is the second coming of god.

Dude is ridiculously overrated so people like to have fun with his delusional teenage fans.
          I just don't see this great fighter, I've seen nothing to suggest it. If anything I feel like the one being trolled by the masses, I feel like Truman.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
            Yeah, I can agree with you there. I don't if it's just a boxing fan thing or what. When a new talent comes up, everyone is cool for a while and then the nicknames and bad comments start popping up. Haha. I guess it's to be expected. I think there's a level-headed group though, who give praise to Loma and others. And the set-up for this fight didn't help. Too many expectations that Loma will blow Pedraza way with no resistance even at this top level. It gets crazy around here. Haha. But yeah. You're right. There's always a group that whittles down victories. Gonna definitely try to keep things positive from myself for the most part. If you don't like a fighter and he wins, just don't say anything or give him praise and move on. No need to tear down a win.
            fair points. Given it was a return fight at 130 coming off a shoulder surgery, ESPN probably was better served not to create such crazy expectations during the pre fight hype.

However, the fight did do 1.87 mil viewers so I guess I can't really criticize that.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
              Ain’t that what they been doing all along. Lol

I think they bash his fans because they tend to be noobs who know jack ****ttt about the sport and think Loma is the second coming of god.

Dude is ridiculously overrated so people like to have fun with his delusional teenage fans.
              And yet how many times you picked against him? Your Linares prediction was spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                Hasn't this been the case for a long time going back to other highly successful boxers?
                This...it's always been the case here. Most educated people realise just how good Loma is, but there is getting excited and getting over exuberant and going WAY over the top.

The problem I have is the TS and fan boys don't like it when people give a fair and well thought out assessment of his abilities, and pick against him when paired up against other great fighters, ie. Floyd, I use that example because there was a thread recently.

Doesn't mean he isn't a truly great fighter in his own right. Also his story is still being written so we don't know where his ceiling is. Which often makes these hypothetical match ups impossible to read anyway as they are premature.

Also this is rich coming from the TS, after the amount of disgusting threads he put up about Ward, who is a 1st ballot hall of famer

Comment

stop being such a victim.. every fighter gets hated on

Comment

I mentioned Pedraza's nice body shots in a thread and TS and about 4 others started crying about "hating", if you're not sucking him off you're a hater.

Comment

It's good...they can all talk that **** now but gladly forget that Davis didn't want to fight Loma when they were both champs at 130. 'There's no rush'

Comment

Working...
                      X