Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthony Joshua is shipping too much punishment to be a champion in the next 2 years.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    This is a very good assessment. You know your boxing, mate!

AJ is improving. The reason he isn't looking as spectacular and explosive lately is that he is fighting more carefully to preserve energy and avoid gassing the way he did against Wlad.
    But hes not improving. He shipped 47 power shots against Povetkin. Povetkin was a 6 ft 2 39 year old who was inactive.Which makes a mockery of how he was ahead on the cards

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
      But hes not improving. He shipped 47 power shots against Povetkin. Povetkin was a 6 ft 2 39 year old who was inactive.Which makes a mockery of how he was ahead on the cards
      Povetkin was better than anybody AJ has fought so far, apart from Wlad.

Nobody has ever KO'd Povetkin before .. not even Wlad.

Like Fury said, that was a terrific performance by AJ against a very dangerous opponent. Imo, Fury and AJ are the only 2 active HWs who could beat Povetkin.

Comment

You keep repeating it, but how was povetkin inactive? If he was inactive than most boxers are inative.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          Povetkin was better than anybody AJ has fought so far, apart from Wlad.

Nobody has ever KO'd Povetkin before .. not even Wlad.

Like Fury said, that was a terrific performance by AJ against a very dangerous opponent. Imo, Fury and AJ are the only 2 active HWs who could beat Povetkin.
          WLAD carried Povetkin, we all know that, and kncoked down Povekin(a prime active one at that) at will.

Joshua was appalling against out of Prime Povetkin, was getting tagged constantly.

I saw an interview Joshua claiming he is fighting for 10 years, well he will be lucky to survive the next 2 years the amount of power shots he ships.

The Wlad fight which concussed him badly was his "learning2 fight where he can show his improvement onwards...he should be making a mockey of Povetkin, and instead he took left hook after left hook...

Comment

He only got caught against Wlad because he punched himself out. He had Wlad hurt got too excited and tired himself out. He learned from that.

I think the real issue is that he has struggled more fighting shorter 'rush in' fighters - Povetkin and Takam rushed in underneath the head.

It seems that he figured it out a bit in the late rounds vs Povetkin.

His head movement is still limited but he's his only real competition in my opinion is Fury.

Fury could box the **** out of him.

I think at this point he's still strong and no serious damage occurred.

Comment

Originally posted by keepemup View Post
              He only got caught against Wlad because he punched himself out. He had Wlad hurt got too excited and tired himself out. He learned from that.

I think the real issue is that he has struggled more fighting shorter 'rush in' fighters - Povetkin and Takam rushed in underneath the head.

It seems that he figured it out a bit in the late rounds vs Povetkin.

His head movement is still limited but he's his only real competition in my opinion is Fury.

Fury could box the **** out of him.

I think at this point he's still strong and no serious damage occurred.
              No it was a left hook in the 5th that knocked him for six against Wlad Imo Round 5 was a 10-9 round as joshua was taking left hook and even uppercuts.

Joshua cardios/chin fine, its his woeful skills and defence thats not sustainable...

Comment

WLAD carried Povetkin, we all know that, and kncoked down Povekin(a prime active one at that) at will.

Joshua was appalling against out of Prime Povetkin, was getting tagged constantly.

I saw an interview Joshua claiming he is fighting for 10 years, well he will be lucky to survive the next 2 years the amount of power shots he ships.

The Wlad fight which concussed him badly was his "learning2 fight where he can show his improvement onwards...he should be making a mockey of Povetkin, and instead he took left hook after left hook...
                Stopped reading at "Wlad carried Povetkin"

Get a life, mate.

Comment

Joshua has fought good opposition and of course he's took punches. So far he's found a way to win like all champions have to. The one time wilder stepped up, he was a New York doctor away from being stopped himself.

Comment

No it was a left hook in the 5th that knocked him for six against Wlad Imo Round 5 was a 10-9 round as joshua was taking left hook and even uppercuts.

Joshua cardios/chin fine, its his woeful skills and defence thats not sustainable...
                    He overexerted himself after he thought he had Klitchko down for the count and was moving sluggishly afterwards. It's pretty obvious.

Comment

Deotay Wilder is flawed, however with a reasonable chin, okay cardio, underated and improving jab and incredible right hand, i now favour him to beat Joshua 60-40. Joshua defence is terrible.

Joshua will and should despose of c level fighter Garcia, however his distance judgement as shown against Povetkin was terrible. His defense was only good in the Parker fight as the ref dived in every time Parker was about to dismantle him.

Wilder is fav on my cards and if he is underdog v Joshua than i will be betting on him.

Comment

Working...
                      X