No announcement yet.

The Great GGG Hype Train

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great GGG Hype Train

Now from the title your probably either agreeing or wanting to uppercut me through the screen. Personally I like GGG, golov shows an explosive stalker style were he stalks his opposition and starts landing bombs. He brings knockouts, he brings excitement, he brings back manys love for boxing. I do think it's time he moved up as 160 is not exactly filled with talent especially talent wanting to fight golovkin, but is he really that good behind the knockdowns? his resume for a p4p fav is just lacking in many departments, I know the fact many duck GGG plays a factor but are you trying to tell me out of all the middleweight and even super if he wanted to move up there's not a world class fighter wanting to fight him? I really hope he does big things and makes a packet and destroys many stars but what do you think? You think the hype trains heading for a derailment or..?? Froch vs Golov would be f ckn mouth watering btw

Originally posted by Lewisstewart1 View Post
    Now from the title your probably either agreeing or wanting to uppercut me through the screen. Personally I like GGG, golov shows an explosive stalker style were he stalks his opposition and starts landing bombs. He brings knockouts, he brings excitement, he brings back manys love for boxing. I do think it's time he moved up as 160 is not exactly filled with talent especially talent wanting to fight golovkin, but is he really that good behind the knockdowns? his resume for a p4p fav is just lacking in many departments, I know the fact many duck GGG plays a factor but are you trying to tell me out of all the middleweight and even super if he wanted to move up there's not a world class fighter wanting to fight him? I really hope he does big things and makes a packet and destroys many stars but what do you think? You think the hype trains heading for a derailment or..?? Froch vs Golov would be f ckn mouth watering btw
    He's mandatory for a unification fight, which against Cotto is BIG money. Why the **** would he move up to 168 now? If the Froch fight works out before then at 168 then fine its a big money/legacy fight but he wont stay at 168, he'll come back to middle to fight his mandatory shot against Cotto! After that i think we'll all have the right to want him to move up fully!

Comment

Define "world class"? I think many confuse world class with "having a name in North America".

Comment

3G is obviously not a hypejob..This is crazy talk..

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          Define "world class"? I think many confuse world class with "having a name in North America".
          Well that would be hard considering im scottish and am not exactly "in love" with america. 9/10 id support the foreigner vs the american. Also by world class id say someone with popularity, superior boxing skills that are clear to even the casual fan. People like matthew macklin etc are definitely not world class, id say cotto is the closest GGG will get to world class in middleweight nut cotto is not exactly a "fight anyone" type character

Comment

Originally posted by TIMELESS View Post
            He's mandatory for a unification fight, which against Cotto is BIG money. Why the **** would he move up to 168 now? If the Froch fight works out before then at 168 then fine its a big money/legacy fight but he wont stay at 168, he'll come back to middle to fight his mandatory shot against Cotto! After that i think we'll all have the right to want him to move up fully!
            And how long has the Golovkin vs Cotto fight been meant to happen now xD. I dont really think cotto is wanting golov. Although he is finished really and not considered a star anymore if he decided to vacate his title so you never know. But why would he move upto 168? Instead of fighting bums and having to look high and low for a worthy challenger he could fight Degale, maybe froch(huge fight), ward if he goes back to SMW(big fight), the SMW class is definitely alot more stacked and filled with a lot more money fights than MW, god badou jack and dirrell would be considered much more worthy of his resume than it is off current

Comment

Originally posted by TIMELESS View Post
              Lol Cotto wants no parts of GGG, he needs that belt though I agree.

When he gets the lineal title people should call for him to move up. After a fight with Canelo perhaps.

Comment

GGG looks like a beast against the type of competition most good fighters fight at the very beginning of their careers, only GGG is 32 and has had 30 something fights. He looks good and he's entertaining, he just hasn't done it against any real competition so far. He also has been rocked with several glancing blows from pillow punchers. He's going to get KOed vs an accurate power puncher, that is if he doesn't KO them first.

I like GGG, I just don't see what all the hype is about yet, he is a slow plodding middle weight who has accurate power. If he fights "real" threats his next 6 fights he will lose 2 or 3.

Comment

So he's a hype job but has to move up in weight to lose?
                  If he was a hype job wouldn't the guys he's fighting now expose him?
                  Would you be saying guys like Canelo and Cotto would expose him?

Let me explain something, hype jobs usually get exposed long before they fight the best fighters.

Victor Ortiz was a hype job.
                  Omar Chavez was a hype job.
                  Wilfredo Vasquez JR. was a hype job.
                  Thomas Dulorme
                  Mike Jones
                  These guys are hype jobs.

Comment

Golovkin is not over-hyped, he's over-discussed. The coverage he gets is crazy but that's the way it goes for knockout artists.

Honestly don't know how he's do at 168, but I don't think he'll fight very differently. Will probably wait 3-4 rounds before turning the heat up rather than the one round he takes at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                    X