Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Wrestling Fans on BoxingScene?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I met Linda mcman. I live in CT and the headquarters is in Stamford I actually went there today for business they treat visitors like ****. My favorite is Razor , Sean Micheals and Brett Hart. RIP owen and Benoit

Comment

• Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
      That Jacques Rougeau story is pretty wild. Dynamite Kid deserved what he got from him, for all the bullying and hazing he put Rougeau through.

Dynamite Kid was a great talent, but was an all around POS. He had small man complex and abused roids, but he was a legit tough guy so you could imagine him being a real pain in the ass backstage.

There are a lot of other crazier stories about him.
      Yeah I read that's why The British Bulldogs were eliminate to much later in the opening match than The Rougeau Brothers in the 1988 Survivor Series. Because they had a huge beef back then and were gonna fight each other backstage, so those two eliminations were deliberately booked that way. Another funny thing I noticed when rewatching that match recently is Dynamite actually does a Tombstone Piledriver and even does a cover the same way The Undertaker would go on to do so 2 years later to countless opponents. I wonder if that's where Taker got the idea from.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        Yeah I read that's why The British Bulldogs were eliminate to much later in the opening match than The Rougeau Brothers in the 1988 Survivor Series. Because they had a huge beef back then and were gonna fight each other backstage, so those two eliminations were deliberately booked that way. Another funny thing I noticed when rewatching that match recently is Dynamite actually does a Tombstone Piledriver and even does a cover the same way The Undertaker would go on to do so 2 years later to countless opponents. I wonder if that's where Taker got the idea from.

Interesting, never knew that about Survivor Series. I knew Dynamite Kid was always jealous of Davey Boy, even though he got hire pay when they were in WWF due to Dynamite being bigger name than Davey Boy in Canada and Japan.

I need check out his matches, particular the ones against Bret Hart and Tiger Mask. POS or not, he put on amazing matches. He was the Benoit, Eddie, and Daniel Bryan of his time.

Saw an article with Bret Hart this morning and he referred to Dynamite Kid as the greatest in ring wrestler ever.
        Last edited by Willy Wanker; 12-06-2018, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Interesting, never knew that about Survivor Series. I knew Dynamite Kid was always jealous of Davey Boy, even though he got hire pay when they were in WWF due to Dynamite being bigger name than Davey Boy in Canada and Japan.

I need check out his matches, particular the ones against Bret Hart and Tiger Mask. POS or not, he put on amazing matches. He was the Benoit, Eddie, and Daniel Bryan of his time.

Saw an article with Bret Hart this morning and he referred to Dynamite Kid as the greatest in ring wrestler ever.
          Are there any videos online or on DVD of Dynamite and Bret Hart against each other in Stampede?
          Last edited by Anthony342; 12-06-2018, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Are there any videos online or on DVD or Dynamite and Bret Hart against each other in Stampede?

Not sure about DVDs, but I see a Bret Hart match from 85 on YouTube.

Lmao, I even see a boxing between them. I'm gonna check out the videos after work.

Comment

• Larry "the axe" Hennig just past away at age 82.

Sad that Curt Hennig died so much younger than his father.

R.I.P.

Comment

Larry "the axe" Hennig just past away at age 82.

Sad that Curt Hennig died so much younger than his father.

R.I.P.
                Yeah, really. Nobody should have to bury their son or daughter. Just had one of my in laws pass away this year and his mom is still alive. This will be her first Christmas without him. That's messed up man.

Comment

Are there any videos online or on DVD of Dynamite and Bret Hart against each other in Stampede?
                  There's some on YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
                    There's some on YouTube
                    Nice. I guess, to quote Conrad Thompson, I'll have to "throw that into my Google machine" then. I think maybe one of their matches might even be on one of Bret Hart's DVDs or a clip of one.

Comment

• I haven't watched wrestling in many years but I listen to the Something to Wrestle With, Bruce Prichard podcast. It's fun to hear stories about how they ran that circus, and as a business owner, the business angle is really interesting. Incredible how many trends and decades their business has endured.

Some of the episodes that seem like they would be the most boring, or about people you couldn't care less about, end up being the funniest, most interesting ones.

Comment

Working...
                      X