Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why would anyone want to see a rematch????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
    he wasnt mad over hype. what is wrong with this board???

he got beat by the better man, that's all. if conor is hype then you're dissing on khabib too and aldo, etc.

this board have a history of disowning a fighter the moment he loses and then call him a hype job. conor is not the greatest to ever fought in the ufc, but he is far from a hype job. he just got beat by a better fighter.
    Connor was the classic definition of a hype job. They found that his gimmick was selling early on so he started getting placed in matches that favored him. Dude fought so many guys who were given no time for a proper camp. In fact, Diaz is a gatekeeper who had no time to train and he still beat the dude. The only wrestler they would put him against was one who.... you guessed it, had no time to train, and the dude was working him over until he gassed.

A lot of you guys bought into the hype and wanted to believe... and now you're embarrassed. It's understandable. You fell in love with the character. It happens.

Comment

i'll bet money the rematch ends a lot different. yall acting like this was conor vs aldo or something with a 1st round ko. the fight ended in the 4th round so in the rematch i can see it playing differently.
      LOL And youre acting like this was Conor vs Nate Diaz.

Remember their rematch was a close fight. Damn some even believe that Nate won the rematch. Nate who is a journeyman.

And also Conor KOs only small guys.

Comment

in the rematch, he needs to fall back and let khabib be the aggressor. make khabib tired out.
        LOL yeah Conor is a cardio machine. And Khabib had ciuld gas easily.

I see lots of these belief among typical Conor fan boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Connor was the classic definition of a hype job. They found that his gimmick was selling early on so he started getting placed in matches that favored him. Dude fought so many guys who were given no time for a proper camp. In fact, Diaz is a gatekeeper who had no time to train and he still beat the dude. The only wrestler they would put him against was one who.... you guessed it, had no time to train, and the dude was working him over until he gassed.

A lot of you guys bought into the hype and wanted to believe... and now you're embarrassed. It's understandable. You fell in love with the character. It happens.
          aldo was the champ for 10+ years and conor slept him in 1! you dont beat top level guys and make him look silly if you're a hype job. aldo was looked at as one of the most dominant fighter in the ufc until he lost to conor. conor lacks ground game and everyone knows this. his weakness is wrestling/grappling. on this board, a fighter cant lose or they'll become a hype job lol.

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
            LOL yeah Conor is a cardio machine. And Khabib had ciuld gas easily.

I see lots of these belief among typical Conor fan boys.
            look at khabib's last 2 fights. it all went to the score cards because his opponents kept their distance, conor is a lot better than khabib's previous opponents. conor fought the wrong game plan. if there's a rematch expect everything to be different.

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
              LOL And youre acting like this was Conor vs Nate Diaz.

Remember their rematch was a close fight. Damn some even believe that Nate won the rematch. Nate who is a journeyman.

And also Conor KOs only small guys.
              nate is a tough SOB. look at nate's face though. had that been anyone else the fight would have been over.

Comment

aldo was the champ for 10+ years and conor slept him in 1! you dont beat top level guys and make him look silly if you're a hype job. aldo was looked at as one of the most dominant fighter in the ufc until he lost to conor. conor lacks ground game and everyone knows this. his weakness is wrestling/grappling. on this board, a fighter cant lose or they'll become a hype job lol.
                Aldo was ripe for the picking and is 3-2 in his last 5. You ate that Irish clown gimmick up with a spoon and now you're coming up with excuses because you can't accept the fact that you may have been fooled.
                Let it go.

Comment

I thought early it would be Conor, past three it would be Khabibs, either way i thought Conor would have more patience and try to stay in the outside, it feels like he went in ready to lose, put up a decent fight or get lucky hes going to have several excuses and they will do the rematch, I dont see Conor winning it

With Khabib I felt he let him out the hook a lot, i thought he would of put a beating on him McGregor doesnt have much of ground game so i thought we see Khabib beat the ***** out of him as soon as it went to the ground, he wrestle him n tired him out

He had a good run in the smaller weight classes, Holloway, Poirier, Aldo in 13secs, hes hype downfall has started

Comment

Aldo was ripe for the picking and is 3-2 in his last 5. You ate that Irish clown gimmick up with a spoon and now you're coming up with excuses because you can't accept the fact that you may have been fooled.
                    Let it go.
                    check my post history! i've dissed conor in the past! im not a fan! im just pointing out the pattern on this board when a fighter loses they automatically become a hype job.

it took floyd 10 rounds to put away this hype job. so if conor would have won, would he be consider a great fighter or does khabib become the hype job now? i swear the stuff that goes on in these forums.

Comment

Connor was the classic definition of a hype job.
                      Come on man. Why does everyone that catches an L gotta be a hype job, overrated, shot or w/e. Can't nobody just be 2nd best on the night? Or 2nd best to a specific opponent?

I agree Conor is as big as he is cuz of the hype HE created. Thats kinda a fighters job doe since promoters rarely promote the very best guys as good as they promote themselves.

Conor catching an L don't mean he's been some mirage this whole time. The dude beat a legend in Jose Aldo. Eddie Alvarez don't suck. Max Hollaway don't suck. Poirier don't suck. Chad Mendes don't suck. Hell I'm critical of Nate Diaz's octagon IQ, but he don't suck either.

Can't be a simple hype job with those guys on your resume. Hype jobs don't tend to got that many solid to great wins.

I won't argue with you that Conor is a limited fighter, but the thing he excels at he excels at at a very high level that surpasses some of the more well rounded guys he's fought full arsenals. That don't make him a hype job, just limited.

Its sorta the same deal as with Ronda. Ronda was exceptional with her judo vs these girls who had no clue how to combat what Ronda was offering up for a long time. She wasn't good at much else. So when people figured out to not dance with her with that judo bs or could hang with her with it she was getting smashed. She was ill equipped to win or even defend herself well if that first move thats merking 90% isn't working.

Thats Conor too. And all fights start standing up so that works to giving him max advantage to do what he does in the early part of the fight. If sh^t goes south doe & its not over in the 1st or 2nd rd he's showing every side of the limited option guy he is.

And sh^t if Conor was THAT much of a hype job would he have even won a rd vs Khabib, something no one else has done up til now apparently, cuz I think there is an argument to make he won the 3rd rd although idk if they gave it to him or not on the official cards? That sounds like a nothing thing, but if Khabib is as good as advertised & he's beaten a couple good fighters himself why is Khabib losing a rd to a pure hype job? That doesn't really add up to me either.

This combat sports game is unforgiving is really the thing. Can make you look like a warrior king on your best day or like some child getting bullied & beaten in a Walmart parking lot on your worst day. But anyone who's making it as high as Conor did isn't a hype job.

Comment

Working...
                      X