Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin and Kovalev both turned pvssy in a little over 12 months.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golovkin and Kovalev both turned pvssy in a little over 12 months.

I find it crazy. Rewind to early 2017 and these two were thought of as iron-willed killers. Now look where they are. I can't decide which is worse, Kovalev falling to pieces as soon as someone roughed him up and gave his own medicine. Or Golovkin talking about how he was gonna stop Canelo, before backing up for most of the fight and looking like a beetroot at the final bell.

I posted this in anther post I'll just let it ride. GGG entire narrative has done a 180 in a little over a year. Went from killer to fans screaming please please respect his slappy jab and ignore his mangled face and inability to KO anyone as soon as he stepped up and stopped fighting bums and tomato cans.

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    100% the entire narrative and goal post has been moved. It's crazy but just think about what all the talk was BEFORE he faced canelo? He is the monster who knockouts everyone from 154-168. He will destroy the smaller canelo in 4 rounds. The best body puncher in the sport and folks were making debates who would win GGG or hagler and his fans were saying he Kos hagler. How fast we now move the goal post and the excuses later. Couldn't ko a "chinny" Jacobs in a fight that many thought he lost. Got out boxed and outlanded in power shots by canelo in the first fight. Excuses for him not being the killer is canelo who everyone said had stone feet before the fight ran from him. Lol cries about how if canelo wouldn't of ran we would of seen the killer ko him Mexican style. Rematch canelo brings Mexican style to his front door but he don't want it backing up again only jabbing. Gets bullied all night face beaten and bloody like we never seen GGG face and still excuse making. Now he's not a killer and we should be falling on our knees over jabs? 2 fights in a row where the monster can't land nothing but jabs, no body shots and outlanded in power shots by the little man in BOTH fights.

This is all tears and excuses from a fan base that was duped and cant come to grips with GGG not being what you pretended he was. Excuse making for GGG's short comings.

Comment

no they just both fought prime elite fighters for the 1st time

Comment

I wouldn't call either a p@ssy whatsoever, but do you not think it may have something to do with them being over 35? Lets not forget, most fighters have multiple losses and a lot retire by that age. Oscar and Roy Jones are more recent ATG examples of that.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
          I find it crazy. Rewind to early 2017 and these two were thought of as iron-willed killers. Now look where they are. I can't decide which is worse, Kovalev falling to pieces as soon as someone roughed him up and gave his own medicine. Or Golovkin talking about how he was gonna stop Canelo, before backing up for most of the fight and looking like a beetroot at the final bell.
          At 36 years old, tell me, how many boxers were undefeated, going up against a PRIME, younger, elite fighter (other than Hopkins or Mayweather or Pacquiao)?

Bolded: That's ironic, considering the articles about how Canelo was going to knock out Golovkin and/or how Canelo was training to knock him out, or even the articles where Canelo was visualizing him knocking out Golovkin? Let's not try to act like both sides weren't actively engaging in BS talk.

Comment

In the defense of GGG, one can make a strong argument that he won both fights against Canelo; A much younger opponent. The second time around, he was only defeated in the eyes of the three official judges who scored the fight for Alvarez. However, he was not a broken man. He had a lot of life and fight left in him. Now Kovalev on the other hand was utterly ruined. Not only was he defeated but he was also broken. Andre Ward took all the life and fight out of him.

Comment

Lol...a guy fails to knock the other guy out means he was "broken" now? Ggg has a special kind of hater.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
                Lol...a guy fails to knock the other guy out means he was "broken" now? Ggg has a special kind of hater.
                Agreed

Comment

I saw Kovalev do what people say he did. I didn't see that with Golovkin.

Comment

Kovalev and Triple G were so dominant that the moment they lose a fight they become bums. That's how high these posters hold them too.

Comment

Working...
                    X