Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watching Chris Eubanks fight yesterday, I now realise..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's nowhere near ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
      I didn't think he had a chance before they fought....nobody at 160 does
      Pretty much this ^^^^^

Comment

I think he's exciting but he has so many flaws to his game. His balance is awful and leaves himself wide open. Also, the times where he just charges in at speed, swinging and trying to pin his opponents against the rope, there's no way he'll get away with that against GGG.

I'm a fan of Eubank but no way is he ready for that. I'm not even sure he could beat Saunders right now if they fought again. I honestly believe Saunders got too complacent in the first fight because the first 6 rounds were so easy, he completely exposed and exploited Eubank's poor balance and footwork. Now Saunders probably knows Eubank is a bit better than he thought, i really believe a focused Saunders could UD him over 12 rounds quite comfortably....and i don't really like Saunders but he's a smart fighter.

Comment

GGG will win that fight, but it will be fun while it lasts

Comment

I think GGG's jab alone would be more than enough to beat Eubank.

Comment

The best boxers come in to adjust for what which opponent they trained for. Sometimes a fighter can get caught in counters during an uncoordinated slug. If Eubank'ss plays smart defense and is able to wear down Golovkin the first 6 rounds then it's all good. Golovkin's main strategy in every fight is to throw hard shots the first 6 rounds as he's not used to go the distance with better fighters. Guys like DeGale or Lara could use footwork around the ring that would tire out Lil'G. Lil'G's never fought a fighter with footwork. The only guy I can remember was Geale trying lateral movement. zzZZz

Comment

I didn't see anything yesterday that made me think he would be much of a threat to GGG (not that I thought he was beforehand).

But he seems to actually want the fight which is more than you can say for almost every other possible GGG opponent.

Comment

Working...
                X