No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Needs Boxing, and Boxing Needs Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Needs Boxing, and Boxing Needs Him

By Keith Idec - Something should’ve become very obvious to fight fans worldwide over the past week.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. needs boxing as much as the sport needs him.

Without it in his daily life, Mayweather’s one-year “vacation” has taken dubious detours to the Internet and now Clark County Detention Center in Nevada in just one week. He clearly has too much time on his hands and this seven-day debacle should lead anyone around him with any sense to make Mayweather consider returning to boxing as soon as possible, in any way possible.

This doesn’t necessarily mean Mayweather should try to schedule a fight right away. Truthfully, there aren’t many boxing fans, casual or hardcore, who want to watch the undefeated Mayweather fight anyone other than Manny Pacquiao in his next bout.

With Pacquiao penciled in for a Nov. 13 fight against Antonio Margarito, Mayweather-Pacquiao probably wouldn’t be scheduled for any sooner than May ?, mostly due to financial factors. Mayweather would have an extremely tough time selling an interim fight against another opponent to HBO Sports executives and the paying public, largely because he handled “negotiations” for the Pacquiao showdown in such an obnoxiously odd, misleading manner. [Click Here To Read More]

Boxing needs nobody. Boxing did just fine when he took his time off the first time. All boxing needs is good competitive fights.

Floyd might need boxing, but damn sure boxing doesn't need him or any single individual.

Comment

Dudes life is completely out of control and money has a big part of corrupting his mind. Floyd needs to get himself together and settle down with the whole bad boy image. If he gets his drive back no one can beat him but if the mind is corrupted he will lose to a fighter that wants it more(talent provided of course). Get that hunger back, young buck!

Comment

You get alot of traffic talking about Floyd huh pump. Everybody say they can't stand him yet they post in Floyd threads and any news related thing involving him.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
          Boxing needs nobody. Boxing did just fine when he took his time off the first time. All boxing needs is good competitive fights.

Floyd might need boxing, but damn sure boxing doesn't need him or any single individual.
          Co-sign....

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post

Don't hate on MM. Boxing does to extent need Mayweather, he puts on a great show. I myself miss the big boxing events and Mayweather has been part of many of them. The sport doesn't die without him but it certainly does better with him.

Comment

The sport wont die without Floyd or Pac or whoever.

But I damn sure LOVE watching Floyd's fights and I hope he can do it at a high level the next 3 or 4 years.

War Mayweather.

Comment

Ugh. More bad news.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                  Don't hate on MM. Boxing does to extent need Mayweather, he puts on a great show. I myself miss the big boxing events and Mayweather has been part of many of them. The sport doesn't die without him but it certainly does better with him.
                  If you think I am hating on him then fine is hate.

Boxing doesn't need him at all. Boxing didn't miss a beat when he took his time off in 09. It didn't miss a single beat.

Boxing was fine without him, boxing needs no single individual in any extent. Boxing just needs competitive fights. Single individuals need boxing not the other way around.

Comment

I know who does need Floyd.

NSB.

97% of the threads about Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                    X