Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Take on Pirog

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Pirog looked good. Obviously outclassed his opponent. But it wasn't impressive, especially considering who he was fighting. If he's really the world beater people people make him out to be, he needed to have done something impressive. Ishida didn't have good defense, came forward, and is feather fisted. There was really nothing that prevented Pirog from looking impressive. I could kind of understand looking lackluster against Maciel because he didn't come to fight, but Ishida is a type of fighter that's tailor made for everyone.

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
    Nobody is avoiding Pirog. He is a star in his country
    Don't know about that. The place he was fighting in looked kind of barren.

Comment

Read the play by play.

Perhaps Pirog was bored and needs a bigger fight for motivation.

Really can't say more until I see the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        Yea, that's why my first post cause initially kinda "harsh" I guess. Not that I have anything personal against the guy or anything.
        Pirog might have the ability to rise to the ocassion but I haven't seen evidence of that as of yet. His level of opposition has to come up, he has a young career but he is a champ. Would hate to see him waste away his career with soft opposition if he really has the ability to compete at the top level

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
          Read the play by play.

Perhaps Pirog was bored and needs a bigger fight for motivation.

Really can't say more until I see the fight.
          Pirog seemed to underperform and was just content with going at an average pace and not really pushing it

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Pirog seemed to underperform and was just content with going at an average pace and not really pushing it
            cuz he's a scrub

Comment

1:30 Ishida does his Martinez impression.

Comment

Pirog is another Williams, too much risk with a non casual fan friendly style. He's going to get knocked out by a fighter with one shot power and disappear into oblivion.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  1:30 Ishida does his Martinez impression.
                  And if you look closely, as someone mentioned, Pirog looks completely lost and confused by why Ishida is doing with no clue what to do. Instead he throws his little bs uppercut to the stomach.

Comment

Pirog is going to stay in Europe and feast on scrubs. He's avoid anybody worth fighting especially Martinez unless he can get it at home with his home judges.

Comment

nothing special about him imo. hes what i thought he was. a solid euro technician. his saving grace is that theres a lot of ppl like him in the middleweight division. solid fighters with various claims to various belts. but this far, pirog has done nothing to put him ahead of anyone at middleweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X