Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fao smart people: how do we get the manufacturing jobs that left USA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Strawman fallacy.

Try again....

BTW, the EPA is a Federal bureaucracy. I have no problem with States doing regulations on their own via the 10th Amendment.

Never have I called for no regulations whatsoever on all levels. Knock off the strawmen there.

Leave it to States. If a liberal State like California wants to destroy their manufacturing and energy sectors, go ahead. Let other States who aren't so short-sighted allow theirs to grow.

As it is now we have blanket regulations that handcuff all 50 States.

are you seriously talking about the federal government again?

do i need to take off my belt?

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
      This is all speculation, no proof.

Where is this proof of a smaller rate stimulating growth in business?
      No, it was not speculation. He actually got it 100% correct.

You could learn from him if you so chose to.

I've already given you TWO examples of it working in my lifetime alone, Clinton's CG Tax cuts, and Reagan's IT cuts.

BOTH resulted in increased tax revenues, rising salaries, and high GDP growth.

It's really simple; if you want to stimulate the private sector, allow it to keep more of the money it generates. Only a fool would think you can grow the private sector by taking more money out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        are you seriously talking about the federal government again?
        The Constitution, actually. At least in that quote.

But we are discussing regulations, etc that the Federal gov't has put on businesses that are detrimental.

Originally posted by New England View Post
        do i need to take off my belt?
        I really don't give a care how you dress yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
          the wave of automation that's coming in the next 10-12 years will put millions of people out of work. those crappy survival jobs that people need to feed their families won't be there anymore, we will have robot cashiers at the supermarket, all low skilled, unskilled labor will be done by robots, a robot will give your coffee at Starbuck's, when robots become cheap enough I bet they even put the sweatshop labor on the unemployment line. the factory I used to work in can now run with 4-5 people to load the machines where it used to be 35 different people to do everything. this is the future
          I think it will be more difficult for people to make a living in certain parts of the US without an education. I see what has been going on in the South with "right to work" and it scares me.

Public High schools in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and other regions down south are producing graduates who can literally only function in low skilled jobs. I find this disgraceful in the US.

I get it, not everyone is made for college. The least high schools can do is prepare people for the real world by giving them a skill and teaching them about credit. So many public schools no longer teach trades and I think that is a problem.

Comment

No, it was not speculation. He actually got it 100% correct.

You could learn from him if you so chose to.

I've already given you TWO examples of it working in my lifetime alone, Clinton's CG Tax cuts, and Reagan's IT cuts.

BOTH resulted in increased tax revenues, rising salaries, and high GDP growth.

It's really simple; if you want to stimulate the private sector, allow it to keep more of the money it generates. Only a fool would think you can grow the private sector by taking more money out of it.

They made it, they earned it, so let them keep it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
              They made it, they earned it, so let them keep it.
              Thats kind of the issue. People (and corporations/businesses/companies) are keeping it and not spending it.

I was glad to see the record amount of spending on black friday and cyber monday and hope that trend continues.

I wonder the impact of millineals eschewing buying homes and cars. Here on the east coast you see more and more "villages" being built. such that people can get to work and get all their needs without having to drive to get them.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                Thats kind of the issue. People (and corporations/businesses/companies) are keeping it and not spending it.

I was glad to see the record amount of spending on black friday and cyber monday and hope that trend continues.

I wonder the impact of millineals eschewing buying homes and cars. Here on the east coast you see more and more "villages" being built. such that people can get to work and get all their needs without having to drive to get them.
                I haven't read the whole thread, but millennials not being able to afford homes is not the same as not wanting to buy homes....

Comment

You guys missed the other half of his plans, the regulation cuts.

That's crucial, as certain products can no longer be made here in the US in a cost-effective manner, and in some cases it's simply not possible to manufacture them here at all..

Our problem is that lifer politicians, who all too often never held real jobs in their lives, have passed feel good environmental legislation that have had adverse effects the lifers never saw coming. Now that those effects happened, they lie about the cause and blame wages only.

It's a cop out and totally untrue, but as Democrat Jonathan Gruber said, the Democrat voters are "stupid" when it comes to basic Economics, so they fall for the bs talking points Team D feeds them.

ahhh like Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton?

well at least hillary clinton was a liar errr i mean a lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous View Post
                    I haven't read the whole thread, but millennials not being able to afford homes is not the same as not wanting to buy homes....
                    Agreed. From what I see where I am, a lot of milleneals in the work force dont want any more debt so they choose not to buy homes and cars. We have seen a ton of "villages" being developed where apartments, stores, supermarkets, gym/recreation etc are all in the same complex. I see young families moving in these places.

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
                      Trump said he'd abolish Nafta and change our trade agreement with China. Would this succeed in getting back the jobs that left?

I don't think trump believe this but is hoping simple minded people would buy his BS and vote for him.
                      Simple. Vote for Trump and he'll put tariffs on foreign products or flat out not let foreigners sell certain products to the America market. Even a dummy like you should be able to understand how simple that is.
                      Last edited by Xoo; 09-29-2016, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X