Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fao smart people: how do we get the manufacturing jobs that left USA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People in Detroit don't want to work anyway.

Comment

Won't happen. We are all doomed!

Comment

*imitating Miguel Cotto's voice*

SunSpace has decided that it is not only in SunSpace's, but everyone's, best interest if SunSpace makes a one-off comment sharing evidence:

http://winningdemocrats.com/busted-t...-empire-video/

Donald Trump cannot be taken seriously. He has made his fortune off slave labor. If someone is going to return manufacturing jobs, it sure won't be Trump.

Not to criticize anyone, but Trump is quite literally pointing out the domination by the elite that I've always brought up as the real cause behind issues, and somehow he still manages to convince people it's the slaves' fault.

-_-' It's his fault. It's the elite's fault. Nothing would have gone anywhere if they weren't so greedy. But it's all about earning more and more, so they send the jobs off anywhere slaves are available. How in the world is it the slaves' fault? How, with all the evidence at a Google Search's distance, do you guys still want to vote for this man, when he embodies our Hunger Games?

You want the truth as to your gadgets?

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ty-vast-profit

You want the truth as to nearly everything you own?

Google Search.

Racism won't solve anything. Cops are modern-day lynchers, minorities like me are all but chased out of the states, and the rich are getting richer, pointing the finger at us (while we're getting beaten up) as they run out the back door with the cash.

So, for as easy as it is to, once again, blame other countries/races, please, have a look at the actual rich people for a second. -_-'

And Hillary isn't good, either. I've lost all hope for the future; I believe matters are as they always have been, and will continue to be that way as long as the option is available.

Human beings are animals. There's no way around it. There simply is no such thing as "evil," but there isn't "good," either. There just is. So while the opportunity exists to take advantage of others, and turn a blind eye to it, most people will.

Comment

BS Economics here, with a handful of graduate econ classes under my belt.

The answer is you don't. You cant. See, we used to be the place that made ____ the most efficiently and for the lowest cost. That is no longer the case. It's not a matter of making companies keep jobs in the US, its a matter of the US cannot compete with somewhere like Vietnam when it comes to low skilled manufacturing due to them being a third world country with a lower standard of living.

Its a global world. American companies can either have the work done overseas or go out of business, as someone else will have the work done in whatever country, be able to sell it for a fraction of the cost of the american-produced good, and put your ass out of business.

And I cannot emphasize enough.... not only is there is nothing wrong with that, but it is in fact a good sign. It means a smaller percentage of the world is getting by on survival farming, and their economies have advanced. Our economy has advanced. Everybody is moving in the right direction (except Brazil).

Some cities and areas of the country that were based around Mfg are going to shrink (Detroit) or disappear altogether. You have to remember that some places existed for one purpose, and if that purpose no longer exists, why should the city remain? There is NO economic evidence that any initiative by state or federal governments have much of an impact on situations like this.... places grow and die by chance and circumstance.

ANYWAY, those jobs can never and will never come back. HOWEVER the tech and innovation industries are creating new low/no skilled jobs every day that can MORE THAN fill the gap if two things happen:

1) People relocate. (The government absolutely introduce some sort of economic relocation assistance program ASAP)
          2) People in this country quit demonizing the working classes demand for a better wage.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Manufacturing jobs are never coming back to the US. The cost of living far exceeds what a company will pay someone to do a "manufacturing" job. The company will either use robots/computers to assemble machinery or pay to have them shipped over from a factory in Asia.

I do think we can replace some of those lost jobs with jobs rebuilding bridges, tunnels, highways and railroads. Also modernizing airports and upgrading protection for homes/businesses put up in areas that are in flood zones.
            Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
            Won't happen. We are all doomed!
            the wave of automation that's coming in the next 10-12 years will put millions of people out of work. those crappy survival jobs that people need to feed their families won't be there anymore, we will have robot cashiers at the supermarket, all low skilled, unskilled labor will be done by robots, a robot will give your coffee at Starbuck's, when robots become cheap enough I bet they even put the sweatshop labor on the unemployment line. the factory I used to work in can now run with 4-5 people to load the machines where it used to be 35 different people to do everything. this is the future

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
              the wave of automation that's coming in the next 10-12 years will put millions of people out of work. those crappy survival jobs that people need to feed their families won't be there anymore, we will have robot cashiers at the supermarket, all low skilled, unskilled labor will be done by robots, a robot will give your coffee at Starbuck's, when robots become cheap enough I bet they even put the sweatshop labor on the unemployment line. the factory I used to work in can now run with 4-5 people to load the machines where it used to be 35 different people to do everything. this is the future

A Chinese factory recently replaced everyone with robots. Doomed.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                And I cannot emphasize enough.... not only is there is nothing wrong with that, but it is in fact a good sign. It means a smaller percentage of the world is getting by on survival farming, and their economies have advanced. Our economy has advanced. Everybody is moving in the right direction (except Brazil).
                What do you mean by "getting by on survival farming"? When you say they have advanced, are you referring to having their economies dominated by the service sector? Why is Brazil not moving in the right direction in your opinion?

ANYWAY, those jobs can never and will never come back. HOWEVER the tech and innovation industries are creating new low/no skilled jobs every day that can MORE THAN fill the gap if two things happen:

1) People relocate. (The government absolutely introduce some sort of economic relocation assistance program ASAP)
                2) People in this country quit demonizing the working classes demand for a better wage.
                What low skilled jobs are these?

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
                  If automated driving takes off. A lot of drivers will be out of work too. Exciting times are ahead. Might have more people agreeing with the Unabomber in the future.

Comment

If people bought American made products like the Japanese and Koreans do with their home products then companies would pay for production in America

But people here don't give a fuk as long as the price tag is reasonable and corporations know this so they will move manufacturing abroad so they could sell for little less
                    Last edited by Phenom; 09-28-2016, 10:33 PM.

Comment

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2...ites/90846584/

This is one of the reasons why i argue the government should fund an independent EPA and OSHA and staff it with the best possible people.

When you see stuff like this, Flint and the water contamination last year in West Virginia, it seems obvious that more regulation is needed, not less.

Comment

Working...
                      X