Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather has shown us nothing we haven't seen before in a boxing ring.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJ Enerate View Post
    Toney was more skilled than Floyd offensively and defensively on the inside. Toney took more risks as his defence was employed on the inside integrating with his offence. Far far braver and harder to pull off than Floyds style of pot shooting, back peddling and shelling up on the ropes like a complete coward.

Toney's roll hook counter is probably the best ever.

Floyd's roll hug counter is probably the most pathetic ever.

Remember Toney done this against far far bigger men while completely above his natural weight and out of shape to ****.

Toney a G.

Floyd a gimp coward.
    you obviously have not followed Mayweathers entire career at all, Floyd was by far the superior fighter and beat better comp while taking less punishment then Toney

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
      Please list all the techniques that were "invented" by other boxers of this generation.
      There's no innovators/geniuses in this era.

You're not getting the point of my thread you spastic.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
        This is proof that you can hate on anything if you don't like somebody.

What has Stephen Curry shown us on a basketball court that we haven't seen before?

Three point shots? Ever heard of Larry Bird?

Reverse lay-ups? D-Rose got that down pact.

Passing? HA! Magic is the man.
        Logic will not be tolerated here, sir.

Comment

Originally posted by p4p-champ View Post
          James Toney is also severely punch drunk from that shoulder roll.
          Damn that is true lol

Comment

Toney is a better "fighter" then Floyd but Floyds the much better boxer. More defensively sound.

Comment

What a dumb ass thread.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
                you obviously have not followed Mayweathers entire career at all, Floyd was by far the superior fighter and beat better comp while taking less punishment then Toney
                I've Watched Mayweather's entire career and I can honestly say your talking ****.

Toney's defence was much more risky and harder to pull off than Floyds. Toney's offence/defence integration was much more dynamic thus harder to pull off than Floyds. Floyds offence/defence integration was more sporadic and economical than Toneys thus much safer and easier to employ.

Comment

What did Michael Jordan invent that hadn't been done before? or Tiger Woods?

Comment

it's arbitrary to bring up that floyd didn't invent the pull counter, shoulder rolling, his left hook moving backwards or as a check swing. he perfected them, and he tied them all together.

best defensive fighter i've ever seen, particularly as he went up in weight. stats will probably back that up, but you can also use your eyes and make a subjective call. show me somebody you believe to be a better defensive fighter on tape, and we can talk about it.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      it's arbitrary to bring up that floyd didn't invent the pull counter, shoulder rolling, his left hook moving backwards or as a check swing. he perfected them, and he tied them all together.

best defensive fighter i've ever seen, particularly as he went up in weight. stats will probably back that up, but you can also use your eyes and make a subjective call. show me somebody you believe to be a better defensive fighter on tape, and we can talk about it.
                      No point. You'll bring up Floyds "Stats" from one of the worst era's that boxing has ever seen and try and compare them to Benitez vs Duran, Hearns etc.

You're a fanboy and nothing more and proved to be with that comment.

I'm an educated boxing historian.
                      Last edited by DJ Enerate; 05-20-2016, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X