Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the demand for $7m show Team Wilder's naivety?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the demand for $7m show Team Wilder's naivety?

When you think about it, $4m to fight Dillian Whyte in the UK is a good payday. Deontay Wilder has apparently never made more than $1m? Correct me if I'm wrong, I read that somewhere.

So what logic was used to demand $7m to take the Whyte fight? Most people would back Wilder to brutally KO Whyte in less than four rounds. I think a massive, career best payday of $4m would have been ample compensation. He'd have got the experience of fighting in AJ's hometown, that would be to his advantage to have a trial run.

So why the $7m? Would this have been a Wilder decision or his team? I think there's video out there of Wilder being the one requesting $7m.

Also, if you want $7m for Whyte, then how much do you want for the Anthony Joshua fight? You can't say "I'm the superstar and my going rate is $7m" for one fight, then ask for even more in the next fight.

What Eddie Hearn was saying, take Whyte for $4m whilst building the AJ fight. Hearn knows Wilder wins but he's just showing loyalty to his own fighter. After that they could sit down properly and negotiate a big payday for the AJ fight. Instead Wilder and his team let their hand slip, showed they are mainly motivated by money.

Wilder demanded it.

As far as I can tell Wilder doesn't have a team.

Comment

I just think that he's a bit of a simpleton. In Wilder's mind, he's the A side against anyone. News flash Deontay, you're not. Hearn controls the HW division.

Comment

He doesnt appear to be very bright to be fair.

Comment

One of Deontay Wilder's biggest paydays was fighting Audley Harrison in Sheffield, England in 2013. Same place Anthony Joshua trains.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
            I just think that he's a bit of a simpleton. In Wilder's mind, he's the A side against anyone. News flash Deontay, you're not. Hearn controls the HW division.
            Hearn does not control the HW divison pay him what he asked or get the **** out of here proclaiming he is the best.

Remember Tyson had to fight spinks to prove he was the man and Spinks demanded a lot of money at the time no your history i dont blame him, he has been to England before when has a prospect . Joshua not even fought out of england

Comment

Team Wilder/Da Bombbbbb Zquad.

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
                Hearn does not control the HW divison pay him what he asked or get the **** out of here proclaiming he is the best.

Remember Tyson had to fight spinks to prove he was the man and Spinks demanded a lot of money at the time no your history i dont blame him, he has been to England before when has a prospect . Joshua not even fought out of england
                And against the Murderous Audley Harrison. Hang on that was only 4 years ago.

Wilder should have just stayed here tbh.

Comment

Hearn doesn't control the HW division but whether you think AJ or Wilder is the best the one thing that is an absolute fact, is AJ (and therefore Hearn) is the money maker. Wilder with an unlucky run of cheats and a terrible resume previous to that is way way behind AJ in potential earnings.

Wilder is without doubt second best when it comes to negotiations and Hearn knows it. Saying that should Wilder ask silly money? Yes, its his living why wouldn't he. Negotiations are a part of the boxing business who the hell would accept an offer without trying to up it.

Comment

Joshua is the A side, Deontay comes to the UK or there's no fight.

Oh, and Hearn does control the HW division, he promotes the division cash cow, hence the likes of Wilder/Parker are on their knees literally begging for a fight.
                    Last edited by denium; 11-08-2017, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X