Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people suddenly defending Sanctioning Bodies?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The belts don't matter, I can distinguish who is a world class fighter and what opponent should make for a competitive fight on paper without that fighter wearing a fashion accessory.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr 117-111 View Post
      Because the best fighters in boxing are not all signed under Haymon. The only way the PBC Belt will work is if he works with other promoters.

It's a good idea if everybody is willing to work together. But that's never been and never will be the case.
      you beat me to it... ^^^ right here... monopolizing is bad for business if you keep belts/championship fights "in house".

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        This is an idiotic interpretation of what people are saying.

They're not defending alphabet belts, they're concerned about Haymon adding another one.
        This.

It would be nice if there were fewer belts up for grabs but it looks like we're headed in the opposite direction now.. PBC will never make the other belts obsolete and the last thing we need is more belts..

Comment

The ABC titles may suck, but they do give some form of order. Of course boxing fans will always have a consensus champion regardless of the sanctioning bodies. We all know Kell Brook isn't the Welterweight champ.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
            The ABC titles may suck, but they do give some form of order. Of course boxing fans will always have a consensus champion regardless of the sanctioning bodies. We all know Kell Brook isn't the Welterweight champ.
            I at least hope we realize that Brook is basically a contender with a trophy stating his contender status and Pac/May winner is the real WW champ without debate or dispute.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              I at least hope we realize that Brook is basically a contender with a trophy stating his contender status and Pac/May winner is the real WW champ without debate or dispute.
              What if Floyd dominates every round but gets knocked down in every round in the last 25 seconds?

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine View Post

No Haymon fighter would carry a WBC, WBA, etc belt if he made his own.They simply wouldnt be recognized.
                Yeah, and Haymon would create yet another alternative version of reality within the sport. Like Deontay Wilder being introduced as the heavyweight champion of the world in the arena the other night. That's not an improvement, that's making things worse. Adding more bullshit to a sport already full of it.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                  What if Floyd dominates every round but gets knocked down in every round in the last 25 seconds?
                  He lost the fight while doing well same as all fights, please don't jinx it lol.....I want an end to the May/Pac debates. Hopefully someone will dominate and get a stoppage so there is nothing to talk about anymore related to the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
                    LMAO, you guys are ****ing bipolar. Honestly, I cant believe people even care about the belts anymore. I cant remember the last time I cared about the belts.

I hope Haymon creates one centralized PBC belt and eliminated the need for sanctioning bodies. And people would **** on that as if the WBC is the savoir of boxing. I just really dont understand people. They let bias and perceptions cloud their judgement even if its completely against what they originally stood for.
                    Because Haymon is trying to bypass legitimate champions to promote his fighters. He will make his own title, promote his fighters as "the champions in their division" and ignore the fighters who have already earned that distinction via other sanctioning bodies. Don't expect any mention of Cotto or Golovkin to be made when Quillin and Lee are fighting.

By ignoring the titles of sanctioning bodies PBC does disservice to the fighters who fought tough competition to earn them. If Stevenson fights he'll be "the champion" even if Kovalev has three of the four belts in the division and has arguably the best win between the two.

Finally sanctioning bodies do establish who the top guys are and gives the top guys something to fight over, because if you have a belt then chances are you're either one of the four best fighters in your division or you're very visibly avoiding the best. It should matter that Keith Thurman defended his welterweight title.

PBC will eventually start calling certain fighters champions. Let's pay attention to how they decide this, because personally I think they'll just end up being a fifth sanctioning body or perhaps their own separate league.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                      He lost the fight while doing well same as all fights, please don't jinx it lol.....I want an end to the May/Pac debates. Hopefully someone will dominate and get a stoppage so there is nothing to talk about anymore related to the subject.
                      Since you said that you know it's going to end in a draw right? And the rematch will take three years to negotiate.

Comment

Working...
                      X