No announcement yet.

Concept Of NELO Beating GGG Boosts Mayweather's Legacy?! WTF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concept Of NELO Beating GGG Boosts Mayweather's Legacy?! WTF

There seems to be this idea on NSB that if Alvarez beats GGG, it boosts Floyd Mayweather Jr.

First of all, I'm a huge Floyd Mayweather Jr. fan, but let's be real, Alvarez was too young nor had the coaching strategies to have fall back plans in the ring. Guys like Robert Garcia would've had a better strategy than the Reynoso's come Floyd.

Second, that was 152... When Alvarez beats Golovkin, that's a 160 bout fighting The GUY at 160, if Floyd wants to prove he can beat Alvarez again then I'd like to see it at 160 or at a catch from 155-160.

Third, are Alvarez fans being filtered for also being Floyd fans, solely Alvarez fans, or both?

The GGG fans make it seem like the context of Alvarez vs GGG is synonymous to Floyd... why? Because GGG wanted to fight Floyd at 154? I don't get it.

If GGG wanted to fight Floyd at 154, then what significance does Floyd have when talking about a 160 fight? or should I just say Middleweight 155+?

Tbh, Floyd fans wanting Alvarez to beat GGG is weak. Floyd is a 5 division champ and 17 years deep a Champion. Imo, Alvarez and GGG are irrelevant to Floyd after his retirement. The Conor bout is a cross platform event.

The concept of anyone enchanes their legacies because the certain someone was beaten by that one is stupid. Unless the guy was in your division, in his prime and remained in the division that you had him beat for a long time and beat a string of strong opponents, then that enchances your legacy.

It's like saying Torrecampo and Singasurat has their legacy's enchanced because they beat Manny Pacquiao and manny PAcquiao beat many greats after, therefore it enchanced their legacy.

The only thing that would be applicable is to how it like for Lennox Lewis and Vitali Klitschko. Joe Calzaghe and Mikkel Kessler, they fought them at their primes without asterisks, and went on to do greater things, so it made Calzaghe and Lewis look good.

But it won't when there are asterisk such as age, experience and weight conditions.

I agree. Good post. Rarely I do this, but you deserve Green K.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
      The concept of anyone enchanes their legacies because the certain someone was beaten by that one is stupid. Unless the guy was in your division, in his prime and remained in the division that you had him beat for a long time and beat a string of strong opponents, then that enchances your legacy.

It's like saying Torrecampo and Singasurat has their legacy's enchanced because they beat Manny Pacquiao and manny PAcquiao beat many greats after, therefore it enchanced their legacy.

The only thing that would be applicable is to how it like for Lennox Lewis and Vitali Klitschko. Joe Calzaghe and Mikkel Kessler, they fought them at their primes without asterisks, and went on to do greater things, so it made Calzaghe and Lewis look good.

But it won't when there are asterisk such as age, experience and weight conditions.

I agree. Good post. Rarely I do this, but you deserve Green K.
      So you're really going to sit there and argue that Canelo having a good career means little to Floyds resume?

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        So you're really going to sit there and argue that Canelo having a good career means little to Floyds resume?
        Did you read what I posted?

Was Canelo in his Prime: No
        Was the fight fought in a catchweight that made Canelo weak?: Yes
        Is Canelo's career at his prime would at at 160 and not at 152 where floyd fought him: Yes

Coniditions to what boosting a fighter's legacy is like because of his wins over his opponents: Must be in his prime, at his best weight without any asterisk.

examples: Lennox Lewis and Joe Calzaghe beating Vitali Klitschko and Mikkel Kessler.

You didn't read what I wrote and jest went on to defend Floyd.
        Last edited by Thraxox; 07-19-2017, 04:16 AM.

Comment

what happened to mirko? you actually made some sense although I'm not sure where you're going with the last couple paragraphis. are there really any ggg fans saying beating nelo means he'd beat may? thats what im getting from you but i might be misunderstanding it.

anyway, there are way too conditions from the canleo floyd fought (too young, too green, draiend at 152 etc etc) for it to matter in 2017, with canelo at 160, in his physical prime and a much smarter fighter

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            what happened to mirko? you actually made some sense although I'm not sure where you're going with the last couple paragraphis. are there really any ggg fans saying beating nelo means he'd beat may? thats what im getting from you but i might be misunderstanding it.

anyway, there are way too conditions from the canleo floyd fought (too young, too green, draiend at 152 etc etc) for it to matter in 2017, with canelo at 160, in his physical prime and a much smarter fighter
            I think Mirko is saying vice versa that if GGG's beating Canelo it won't affect Floyd's legacy since he is completely irrelivant of their careers other than fighting Canelo because how there was asterisk of their fight vicer versa also Canelo beating GGG which I agree with him. He made a whole lot of sense.

Comment

Did you read what I posted?

Was Canelo in his Prime: No
              Was the fight fought in a catchweight that made Canelo weak?: Yes
              Is Canelo's career at his prime would at at 160 and not at 152 where floyd fought him: Yes

Coniditions to what boosting a fighter's legacy is like because of his wins over his opponents: Must be in his prime, at his best weight without any asterisk.

examples: Lennox Lewis and Joe Calzaghe beating Vitali Klitschko and Mikkel Kessler.

You didn't read what I wrote and jest went on to defend Floyd.
              I read it, bad grammar and all, just think you're making a bunch of excuses for Canelo.

Canelo had youth, size, and power to his advantage. It goes both way. No version of Canelo has anything for Floyd.

Comment

I think Mirko is saying vice versa that if GGG's beating Canelo it won't affect Floyd's legacy since he is completely irrelivant of their careers other than fighting Canelo because how there was asterisk of their fight vicer versa also Canelo beating GGG which I agree with him. He made a whole lot of sense.
                Ah ok, fair enough.

Comment

Mayweather beating Canelo was a huge accomplishment. I think people are discrediting the win because it was so easy. Canelo was no more greener or more experienced than he is today. I don't know which fans are wanting a victory for Alvarez for Mayweather's legacy. Just like it wouldn't affect his legacy if Canelo lost.

Comment

Canelo was undefeated in over 40 fights when he fought Mayweather. It was a huge accomplishment for an aging Mayweather to fight and beat the young bull. When was he supposed to fight him? When he turned 41? People twist and turn to discredit Mayweather. You all said no way would he even fight him and he does and schools him and now it's somehow not a huge win.

If Canelo beats GGG and then goes on to be dominant for the next 8 years he'll be an all time fighter. Beating an all time fighter is a huge feather in anyone's cap.

Comment

Working...
                    X