No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Says He is Targeting a Lomachenko Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ehehehehe...
    This fight would be an embarassment for Loma, for Pacman and for boxing as a whole.
    Despite Loma's huge respect to Pac, he will hardly change the bull-terrier attitude, and fight will look sad and bitter. He will gain little respect for dismantling an aged legend, and the money will be a poor compensation.
    Pac probably still has a couple of good fights left, while choosing Loma he will choose the poor destiny of Rigo.
    And the purse will be a poor compensation.
    Boxing's important part is the pantheon of heroes, Pac being its bright star and a living legend. I will hate to see his career ending in such a dull and disappointing way.
    And I can't even make money out of this fight.

Comment

• I really need to write this in all caps:

I LOVE IT WHEN THE ARTICLE IS ABOUT THE BOXER HIMSELF'S OPINION ON SOMETHING, OR MAYBE ANOTHER TOP-RANKED BOXER'S SPEAKING OF A FIGHT, BUT NOT THE OPINION OF HIS ANNOYING TRAINER OR PROMOTER OR HIS BROTHER OR SISTER OR FRIEND OR DOG OR CAT OR A RANDOM REFEREE OR EX-REFEREE OR WHATEVER...

So tired of articles of that blabber mouth Abel Sanchez, or Freddie Roach, Robert Garcia and so on...

I am interested in the opinions of the fighter himself, not anybody else, don't you feel the same way, guys?

Comment

• Manny needs to target RETIREMENT. He's going to screw around and get hurt, fighting these young boys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
          Because Pacquiao is not a real 147 pounder, dumbass. In this era true 147 pounders seem to naturally weigh 180 pounds. Pacquiao naturally weighs 145 at most. So Pacquiao is actually fighting 35 pound bigger men, naturally, and you saw that in the Jeff Horn fight. That's why Pacquiao down at 135 could surprise the hell out of everyone. Going from fighting way bigger men to suddenly fighting guys your own size, let alone even smaller guys like Loma, could have an insane effect. If this fight gets made, it means that Pacquiao is going from punching someone who is naturally 180 pounds at least if not 185, Jeff Horn, to punching someone who is naturally 140 at most. That's a 45 pound weight change in opponents, overnight. Those left hands that didn't do anything to Horn could spark Lomachenko out immediately with one shot.
          This is some of the dumbest **** I ever read. It's not even the guys prime time anymore and you're swinging on his nuts like they're still ripe for the picking. WWs weigh 180? 48 who has been campaigned at WW for almost 10 years in not a WW? This some of the worst projection I ever seen. You're not giant killers. That island definitely does NOT produce high talent in boxing, is not a boxing country and his success was likely from PEDs early in his career as witnessed by his refusal to test and decline once he started testing ( or was under the microscope because everyone around started testing). Your boy is a fraud, catchweight king, humiliated by Mayweather and bossed around by my boy Jeff Horn. Don't reply with any more fanboy bull****. Stick to photography, anime or video games like the rest of your ilk.

Comment

• Originally posted by paulf View Post
            DLH-Pacquiao anyone?

I like this fight.
            Exactly. Don't like the fight though.

Comment

And yet you have been calling for Crawford, who is about the same age as Loma but way way bigger, to fight Pacquiao. Your double standards are just insane bro. If Pacquiao-Crawford was made yesterday, you wouldn't have even brought this stuff up. And somehow you try to spin that Loma fighting a smaller opponent, Rigo, because Rigo called him out, is the same as him fighting a way bigger opponent, Pacquiao. You try to gloss over the facts by putting both those in the category of "weight manipulation fights." In reality, Lomachenko would have to move up significantly to fight Pacquiao, so his weight is the one being manipulated. Pacquiao has naturally been a 135 all along, so Pacquiao doesn't have to manipulate anything, he just gets to finally fight at his own weight, against a smaller guy, for the first time in years and years. It's a huge advantage for Pacquiao, the opposite of the Rigo situation. In that one, Rigo moved up. In this one, Loma would have to move up, while Pacquiao would get to fight in his natural weight class again. Advantage Pacquiao.

Please stop hating bro. It's a bad look.
              i never seen manny as **** at welterweight..i've called for TC to fight for the titles like he did at 140...or that 140 crap was just a publicity stunt bc he knew the opponents were weak..

Comment

• smdh.....pac aint right in the head if hes challenging a 135lb dude.

Comment

No, Pacquiao is not a WW. He is a lightweight, and not even a big lightweight, who has been fighting at WW against much bigger men, because during his prime, he was good enough to do that. Now that he's 39, he's not good enough to do that, so he either needs to move back down to his normal weight class, or retire.
                  True. He is light weight fighting bigger men in the later part of his career. At this late stage of his career. He should be fighting in his natural weight or just ride of to the sunset already. But if he fights Loma. I say that is a good fight. They are the same size. A catch weight of 138Lbs is fair, but I don't see any problem Pac @ 135lbs.
                  Last edited by Spoon23; 01-18-2018, 03:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoshik View Post
                    No. No reaching. Pacs legacy will outshine Mayweathers over time. In the future when old fight fans go back and watch old fights they will watch Pac over Frauds. I can't think of one Fraud fight I would watch again. Watching Pac Mans trilogy with Morales is hard to beat.
                    My issue is not with Mayweather but more with that fact that there are a ton of boxers in the past that arguably belong on that list....such as:

Sugar Ray Robinson
                    Muhammad Ali
                    Joe Luis
                    Sugar Ray Leonard
                    Julio Cesar Chavez
                    Marvin Hagler
                    Thomas Hearns
                    Pernell Whitaker
                    Roberto Duran

And the list is a lot longer than that...that was just to name a few.
                    But of course it's all debatable.

Comment

• Lomo could easily to the same thing to Manny that Manny did to Oscar.

Manny needs to retire, should have done 2 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X