No announcement yet.

Floyd clearly ducked Erislandly Lara at the end

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
    On a side not i think he should spar lara for this fight would give him some good work. About same size as conor and same reach.
    That's actually a good idea... Not that Floyd even needs to spar one round to beat Conor... I bet it's in the contract that Floyd carries Conor x amount of rounds... The ref and Conor's corner will be watching him like a hawk, ready to throw in the towel the moment he starts to get lit up...

Comment

Wtf r u talking abt? R u nuts?

Comment

Originally posted by darius45 View Post
        He might not of beat Canelo as decisively as Floyd but he still beat him...he should still be undefeated...

I disagree about needing a boxer with a different style. Lara is very similar to Floyd in that he's a pure boxer with a lot of technical skills (they both have rich pedigrees). Lara is also very athletic and good on his feet. I think Floyd has quicker hands (but not by much)... and Lara being a southpaw with a bigger reach (which he knows how to use expertly to his advantage) would be big factors in the fight.

Floyd fought ALOT of subpar opposition when a talent like Lara was always there waiting in the wings... That, IMO, is a duck...Is Floyd taking the easier fights where he could look fantastic for maximum reward, minimum effort... Freaking... Maidana TWICE, Hatton, and Berto...c'mon...

And don't tell me Lara wouldn't have sold... it would surely outdo the numbers that the Berto fight did...

If floyd's opposition is subpar then what is lara's? Floyd had been on top for 20 years.

Were you even watching boxing when hatton-floyd was made? Do you remember how big hatton's fan base was? Or that he was the undefeated lineal junior welterweight champion? that somehow makes him a bad fight to take?

People wanted to see maidana-floyd after his huge upset win over broner. Go look at floyds fight history and most of his opponents were coming off of big wins. Did lara ever have an exciting fight his whole career? Did anyone demand to see floyd-lara after two boring close fights with trout and canelo?

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
          If floyd's opposition is subpar then what is lara's? Floyd had been on top for 20 years.

Were you even watching boxing when hatton-floyd was made? Do you remember how big hatton's fan base was? Or that he was the undefeated lineal junior welterweight champion? that somehow makes him a bad fight to take?

People wanted to see maidana-floyd after his huge upset win over broner. Go look at floyds fight history and most of his opponents were coming off of big wins. Did lara ever have an exciting fight his whole career? Did anyone demand to see floyd-lara after two boring close fights with trout and canelo?
          I care about making the most competitive fights, not what is biggest money maker. That a bunch of idiotic casuals don't demand it, means less than nothing... The people demanded he fight Conor too.

Hatton had NO chance to beat Floyd. Same with Maidana and Berto.

Lara simply had a bunch better chance of beating Floyd than those guys, and that's a fact. Therfore it's a competitive (read worthwhile) fight to make. Floyd could of hyped the fight up if he wanted to. The paid for media is responsible, in large part, for skewing the public's perception about a good fight is. Floyd never even mentioned Lara as a possibility.

Comment

The problem is no one would've bought Mayweather vs Lara.

Even if he did take it people would just complain about how boring a fight it was because no one got knocked out

Comment

Originally posted by jay543 View Post
              The problem is no one would've bought Mayweather vs Lara.

Even if he did take it people would just complain about how boring a fight it was because no one got knocked out
              More people would of bought then bought the Berto fight...
              You're telling me Floyd couldn't hype up a fight with a guy with a pedigree like Lara...give me a break... Floyd CHOSE the easier fights.

BTW, people make that complaint about ALL of Floyd's fights.

Comment

Originally posted by darius45 View Post
                I care about making the most competitive fights, not what is biggest money maker. That a bunch of idiotic casuals don't demand it, means less than nothing... The people demanded he fight Conor too.

Hatton had NO chance to beat Floyd. Same with Maidana and Berto.

Lara simply had a bunch better chance of beating Floyd than those guys, and that's a fact. Therfore it's a competitive (read worthwhile) fight to make. Floyd could of hyped the fight up if he wanted to. The paid for media is responsible, in large part, for skewing the public's perception about a good fight is. Floyd never even mentioned Lara as a possibility.
                Berto was floyd throwing his friend a bone. But Lara wins less rounds than Hatton and Maidana did vs floyd. Lara's style will produce a near shut out like Floyd-Canelo and Floyd-JMM. Lara will just try to outbox floyd on the outside all night and be taken to school and drop every single round.

All you can point to his him being southpaw (floyd has fought more southpaws over his career than average, he has sought them out) and a 2" reach and 1" height advantage. Floyd is a master at timing and distance, 2" of reach will not over come that, Lara has a boxers style and does literally everything worse than Floyd, how can he possibly beat him fighting like that?

Comment

Nobody wants to see Floyd vs Lara. lol
                  N Lara certainly wasn't going to outbox floyd

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                    Berto was floyd throwing his friend a bone. But Lara wins less rounds than Hatton and Maidana did vs floyd. Lara's style will produce a near shut out like Floyd-Canelo and Floyd-JMM. Lara will just try to outbox floyd on the outside all night and be taken to school and drop every single round.

All you can point to his him being southpaw (floyd has fought more southpaws over his career than average, he has sought them out) and a 2" reach and 1" height advantage. Floyd is a master at timing and distance, 2" of reach will not over come that, Lara has a boxers style and does literally everything worse than Floyd, how can he possibly beat him fighting like that?

No way Floyd shuts Lara out like he did with JMM and Canelo... I think Floyd would win, but not so dramatically... Floyd never faced a southpaw as talented as Lara. Floyd might edge Lara out, but it's not like he has drastically better speed or footwork or athletic ability... it's a close, competitive fight, even if Floyd is the favorite. Lara is quicker and more athletic than both JMM and Canelo, BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by MPX309 View Post
                      Nobody wants to see Floyd vs Lara. lol
                      N Lara certainly wasn't going to outbox floyd
                      I think Lara gives him more problems than Spence could.

Comment

Working...
                      X