No announcement yet.

Lets examine the momentum of Wilder's last 2 opponents

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
    What are you basing this on? A fight vs Jennings? you make bold predictions about Ortiz on your eye-test alone, he has never proven himself to be any where near Povetkin's level.

Ortiz looked good 3 years ago, now 3 years later, after fighting TT, Allen and Scott and looking like sheat, then taking a year off and coming back and fighting 200 seconds against my dad, you claim he is the No3 HW in the world!?

You're a lunatic
    Parker barely made it out of the Takam fight TWO years ago.

Guess what hes done since ?

Against world destroyer Cojanu a fighter whos just standing there and previosly knocked out, Parker only landed 50 CLEAN power punches the ENTIRE fight ina UD win .

Then we have Hughie a non threat offensively yet Parker in the first 6 round only landed ....GET READY ....

SIX clean punches .

Yet im to believe he defeats an accurate very cunning bigger stronger puncher also a southpaw whos never behind in a fight?

Sure im the LUNATIC .......sure !
    Last edited by juggernaut666; 01-27-2018, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
      Parker barely made it out of the Takam fight TWO tyears ago.

Guess what hes done since ?

Against world destroyer Cojanu a fighter whos just standing there and previosly knocked ou, Parker only landed 50 CLEAN power punches the ENTIRE fight .

Then we have Hughie a non threat offensively yet Parker in the first 6 round only landed ....GET READY ....

SIX clean punches .

Yet im to believe he defeats an accurate very cunning bigger stronger puncher also a southpaw ?

Sure im the LUNATIC .......sure !
      I never made ANY statement about Parker being top 3 in the world though did I? I think Parker is the same level as Ruiz and Takam but is getting better, regarding Fury I think Fury is the most skilled boxer defensively and made him Parker look bad..... but at least he has been in fights where you CAN make a judgement.

again, I'll ask you what you are basing your assumption that Ortiz is a top 3 HW on?

justify what you said and what makes this 38 year old top 3, after a year out and fighting a guy who is 2-3 in his last 5 fights.

Comment

I never made ANY statement about Parker being top 3 in the world though did I? I think Parker is the same level as Ruiz and Takam but is getting better, regarding Fury I think Fury is the most skilled boxer defensively and made him Parker look bad..... but at least he has been in fights where you CAN make a judgement.

again, I'll ask you what you are basing your assumption that Ortiz is a top 3 HW on?

justify what you said and what makes this 38 year old top 3, after a year out and fighting a guy who is 2-3 in his last 5 fights.
        Based on Parker is a top 5 at the moment , is this really that difficult to figure out ? You only have 3 guys one could favor over Ortiz and i gave them too you . One just happens not to be active in Fury so that makes Ortiz top 3 and ifyou cant come to the understanding Parker shouldn't be ranked over Ortiz based on my response theres no need to go further here .

If Klitchko was around he would be 2 .....age doe ? lets play the age card and ignore the real life match ups ..... lol
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 01-27-2018, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Based on Parker is a top 5 at the moment , is this really that difficult to figure out ? You only have 3 guys one could favor over Ortiz and i gave them too you . One just happens not to be active in Fury so that makes Ortiz top 3 .

If Klitchko was around he would be 2 .....age doe ? lets play the age card..... lol
          Parker has proven he is in that area, or close to it, by being in close fights with other fighters in that area, it's hard to argue that Parker isn't top 5 going off his age and fights so far, he's 25 FFS! not even in his prime and went 12 with other top 10 fighters and won...... you could say that arker is at least active and has fought good opponents.

Now, I'll ask you again what makes Ortiz, with his lack of good wins, age, momentum etc etc etc a top 3 HW in the world.

TELL ME WHY HE IS TOP 3! forget about everything, just say you think he is top 3 because of his skill or something, don't bring up other fighters.

Comment

Parker has proven he is in that area, or close to it, by being in close fights with other fighters in that area, it's hard to argue that Parker isn't top 5 going off his age and fights so far, he's 25 FFS! not even in his prime and went 12 with other top 10 fighters and won...... you could say that arker is at least active and has fought good opponents.

Now, I'll ask you again what makes Ortiz, with his lack of good wins, age, momentum etc etc etc a top 3 HW in the world.

TELL ME WHY HE IS TOP 3! forget about everything, just say you think he is top 3 because of his skill or something, don't bring up other fighters.

How is he not a top 3 fighter if Parker by many is top 5 ? The stats below show Ortiz does well against most not just Parker ....do you see how foolish it sounds ? Who is favored over Ortiz if hes not top 3 ?

Dont you see thats dummy logic saying Ortiz isnt a top guy but not actually able to put guys over him? SMH

Ortiz vs Parker

Better jab
            Better right hand
            Better defense
            Better power
            Better set ups
            Better IQ
            Harder to push back.
            Better handle on punch counts and pace .
            Better timing
            Better ring cutting
            Better experience
            Better punching technique
            Better accuracy

I could keep going with an actual detailed break down. Yep , looks like i was certainly the lunatic here showing Ortiz is better than a current champion !

You also understand the challengers have to be in the WBC right ? If this title fight is deemed outrageous ,than as Al Haymon who do you put in to correct such a farce of a fight?
            Last edited by juggernaut666; 01-27-2018, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Stiverne was 38 years old, was never any good to begin with, and had one poor performance vs Rossy after the Wilder loss.....and was somehow the WBC mandatory!??? Why has Wilder got praise for beating this BUM again?
              No one praised him for beating Stiverne. We praised how destructive Wilder looked. Stiverne just happened to be the guy he destroyed.

Ortiz looked good, 3 years ago! he hasn't had a "fight" since Jennings (a B level opponent any way), beat up TT, then fought Allen and Scott (looking terrible), takes a year off and comes back and fights for 200 seconds against some guy that was 2-3 in his last 5 fights and never threw a punch, and somehow this guy is STILL the boogeyman of the division??!!!
              The division is what it is at this point.

How can any one justify these opponents for a world title? why are the WBC sanctioning these fights? it's a disgrace to boxing, the HW division and the WBC belt!
              What would be the alternatives? You could break down most heavyweights not named Anthony Joshua or Deontay Wilder and say the same thing.

Comment

How is he not a top 3 fighter if Parker by many is top 5 ? The stats below show Ortiz does well against most not just Parker ....do you see how foolish it sounds ? Who is favored over Ortiz if hes not top 3 ?

Dont you see thats dummy logic saying Ortiz isnt a top guy but not actually able to put guys over him? SMH

Ortiz vs Parker

Better jab
                Better right hand
                Better defense
                Better power
                Better set ups
                Better IQ
                Harder to push back.
                Better handle on punch counts and pace .
                Better timing
                Better ring cutting
                Better experience
                Better punching technique
                Better accuracy

I could keep going with an actual detailed break down. Yep , looks like i was certainly the lunatic here showing Ortiz is better than a current champion !
                I like to go with facts i=when it comes to boxing, not speculation. At this point, Parker has fought better opponents (takem, ruix and HF are in my top 10) and has fought different styles, he hasn't looked good in them, dominated them, but they all have different styles and he hasn't looked bad, that tells me he is top 10 and good, AND LEARNING! I can see that Parker is strong, can go 12 rounds at a high level and win, despite the opponent. I personally think Parker is just outside the top 5 but is a tough fight for any one in the division.

Regarding Ortiz, Like I said in another post he would have splatted Wilder all over the ring 3 years ago....but one has gone up and one has gone down. I don't know what Ortiz has as he hasn't fought the calibre of opponents that Parker has in the last 3 years......fact.

If you believe Ortiz is 38 and hasn't lost any of his ability in the last 3 years, good on you. The fact is that Parker is proven to be around the top 5 and Ortiz is not. You put him there by nothing more than fights 3 years ago. it's like me saying klitschko is the No,1 HW in the world right now....... totally mental and deluded.

PS - I'm a Fury fan, and think him at 100% beats every HW, I wouldn't dare to say that after he had a run like Ortiz or was 38 years old. come on man.

Comment

Ortiz is well past his best. And hes been inactive along with being a granpa with high blood pressure. But he is the best opponent wilder has ever faced and might even knock him out. Would be a hype train derailment like no other.

Comment

Stiverne was 38 years old, was never any good to begin with, and had one poor performance vs Rossy after the Wilder loss.....and was somehow the WBC mandatory!??? Why has Wilder got praise for beating this BUM again?

Ortiz looked good, 3 years ago! he hasn't had a "fight" since Jennings (a B level opponent any way), beat up TT, then fought Allen and Scott (looking terrible), takes a year off and comes back and fights for 200 seconds against some guy that was 2-3 in his last 5 fights and never threw a punch, and somehow this guy is STILL the boogeyman of the division??!!!

How can any one justify these opponents for a world title? why are the WBC sanctioning these fights? it's a disgrace to boxing, the HW division and the WBC belt!

Old, inactive bums and people are praising this as some step-up for Wilder......I can't.....
                    These are all the other fighters ranked in the top 15 of the major sanctioning belts. Who could Wilder or Joshua fight after their next fights (other than each other of course) that people couldn't just as easily crap all over. The multiple time PED popper Klitchko leftover Alexander Povetkin? Jarrell Miller? The man who struggled against a fat Marius Wach who hurt his hand early in the fight in what amounted to his best opposition thus far. Carlos Takam? A man whose lost each and every time he stepped up to the top level of opposition?

Manuel Charr
                    Dillian Whyte
                    Dominic Breazeale
                    Luis Ortiz
                    Kubrat Pulev
                    Tony Bellew
                    Johann Duhaupas
                    Charles Martin
                    Agit Kabayel
                    Oscar Rivas
                    Carlos Takam
                    Lucas Browne
                    Adam Kownacki
                    Dereck Chisora
                    Bermane Stiverne
                    Hughie Fury
                    Alexander Povetkin
                    Fres Oquendo
                    Jarrell Miller
                    Trevor Bryan
                    Christian Hammer
                    Alexander Ustinov
                    BJ Flores
                    Guillermo Jones
                    Otto Wallin
                    Bryant Jennings
                    Johann Duhaupas
                    Kyotaro Fujimoto
                    Alexander Dimitrenko
                    Christain Hammer
                    Tom Schwarz
                    Iago Kiladze
                    Christian Hammer
                    Zhilei Zhang
                    Amir Mansour
                    LaRon Mitchell

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
                      No one praised him for beating Stiverne. We praised how destructive Wilder looked. Stiverne just happened to be the guy he destroyed.

The division is what it is at this point.

What would be the alternatives? You could break down most heavyweights not named Anthony Joshua or Deontay Wilder and say the same thing.
                      No one praised him but we praised him?..... mmmmm

The division is filled with active fighters and deserving fighters. Why hasn't Wilder fought Ortiz before? Why hasn't Wilder fought any legit top 10 HW in 9 years?

No we couldn't. parker has fought Takam, Ruiz, Hughie Fury and is fighting AJ next!!! lol

AJ has fought Breazeale, Klitschko, Takam and is away to fight Parker!!!! lol

both are young fighters who have done more than Wilder in 2 years than he has done in 9!!!! lol

How can you defend avoiding all those fighters for 9 years?

Comment

Working...
                      X