Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael: Controversy nothing more than a manufactured excuse by Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess the headbutts and d!ck punches are only illegal if you're not American

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      The only mistake Weeks made was stopping it there, they were not low blows they were right on the cup and Kova was hurt but he should have let Ward get a clear cut TKO and put them thangs on Kovalev, Ward was deprived of a clean finish, Ward was going to finish him either way and its a shame Weeks did that.

Kovalev is a joke he wanted to quit because he was gassing. Kovalev should retire already nobody wants to watch that dude anymore.
      Anywhere below the navel is low by real boxing rule.

Comment

I guess you can't really blame Kovalev for making excuses when he got folded by a guy he said hit like a girl.

Comment

!ow blows aside that right hand ward threw that detonated on kovs chin is the kind landed in chazxmpionzhip fights. Doiesnt warrant stoppage.

Why was ref so eager to stop fight the should have warned kov he was about to stop if he didn't see something from kov.
          Most people watching were suoriused at the stoppage as was kov.
          Ref shouldn't stop it so out of blue. He needs too keep people informed so we know what's happening or will happen

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
            In that last sequence the first shot landed directly on where the cup would be. That's plenty of reason to curl up. Even if you don't have a good size package. I've been hit in a cup before and it's not fun, much less from a powerful left hook from a pro boxing champ.
            You just admitted you have a small package.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              You just admitted you have a small package.
              Trust me, I don't, that was just for arguments sake. And, If I was anywhere near insecure about it, I would not have wrote that.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                Trust me, I don't, that was just for arguments sake. And, If I was anywhere near insecure about it, I would not have wrote that.
                Did you know the package size of your sparring partners?

Comment

Those last two Ward punches were really bad...

Weeks saw it, he should've given Kovalev that 5min rest, he deserved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                    Did you know the package size of your sparring partners?
                    lol no d@ckhead

My point was that the outer edge of the cup that comes in contact against the area around your junk being impacted really hurts too. I'm sure if you played football or any other sport that required a cup, you know what I'm talking about.

Comment

People are acting as if Kov was getting beat from pillar to post for the majority of the fight. That fight was pretty even coming into the 8th. A strong argument can be made that Kov was actually up on going into the 8th. Ward had one strong round where he hurt Kov. Now it wasn't "stop the fight hurt". Not to mention, at the time of stoppage, Kov was rocked by some low blows that folded him.

Any unbiased person has to admit that it was an awful stoppage.

Comment

Working...
                      X