No announcement yet.

Anyone else feel bad for Bradley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else feel bad for Bradley?

I know he's a competitor, you can see it in his fights. I'm sure he wants to be mentioned in the welterweight talks right now. He needs to get in some of this PBC action. He's doing rematches, Jessie Vargas's and Brandon Rios over there. He puts on a smile at TR, but I know it's got to be killing him inside to know he can't fight none of these killers. With Bradley over there, they could have a welterweight tournament going on right now.

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
    I know he's a competitor, you can see it in his fights. I'm sure he wants to be mentioned in the welterweight talks right now. He needs to get in some of this PBC action. He's doing rematches, Jessie Vargas's and Brandon Rios over there. He puts on a smile at TR, but I know it's got to be killing him inside to know he can't fight none of these killers. With Bradley over there, they could have a welterweight tournament going on right now.
    Not one bit. He has about 5 mil in the bank, at least.

Comment

No. He's made a lot of money relative to his popularity in the last few years. He could potentially be the lineal welterweight champion by next summer too.

Comment

Bradley has made more than enough. I'm happy for him, he has wins over Marquez and Pacquiao and is headed into another payday against Pac in a few months. Meanwhile, all the PBC welters have the options to actually make intense matches but settle for mismatches. Aside from Porter vs Thurman, what other welter weight fight in the near future holds any significance? Even Porter vs Thurman had to jump past several hurdles and uncertainty in dates before finally getting settled months after its initial speculated date.

Comment

Feel bad for Bradley? Why?

He is making much more money with TR than he probably ever would have with Haymon. The $$$ from the 3 PAC fights alone should be enough for him to be set for life, and he's actually making smart business decisions like investing in real estate instead of jewelry, cars, etc.

He also seems to be Arum's favorite at the moment to carry the TR banner after PAC retires, either him or Crawford- but Bradley is much better known to the general public.

If anything, we should be jealous of Bradley.

Comment

Bradley has made 20 mil signing with TR.

I don't know anyone in the PBC line up making that money now?

Comment

Ok. Fine. I feel you with the money thing. Let me ask another question. Anyone else feel bad for Bradley fans who can't watch him in this welterweight showdown?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
                Ok. Fine. I feel you with the money thing. Let me ask another question. Anyone else feel bad for Bradley fans who can't watch him in this welterweight showdown?
                What's stopping him? He doesn't have an exclusive contract with HBO. All he has to do is tell his wife to start negotiating with Arum to get a fight made with a PBC fighter. Bradley has no exclusivity to any network that can stop him from fighting anyone

Comment

Bradley is doing fine for himself man.
                  If he beats Pacquiao omg that will propel him to massive heights.

Comment

Being financially secure was important to Bradley so for him it made the most sense to sign a long term, guaranteed contract with Top Rank. It's working out great for him.

It does suck though that he isn't in the mix with the pbc guys, as I think Bradley would beat most of them (Garcia, Khan, etc). But that's kinda the nature of boxing right now. Middleweight we couldn't get Quillin and Jacobs against Golovkin, Stevenson hasn't been able to fight Kovalev and so on.

Comment

Working...
                    X