Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthony Pettis VS Jose Aldo. Who wins n how?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Pettis VS Jose Aldo. Who wins n how?

It was announced this fight is back on again so saving another injury we get to see this epic match up. Jose is moving up to 155 to fight him.

Pettis for the win.

Comment

Pettis. Aldo struggled against llamas

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
        Pettis. Aldo struggled against llamas
        How did he struggle against lamas?

Comment

Very good fight. Pettis has the better hands and could get to Aldo like Homminick did. Pettis's kicks are flashier but I think Aldos are harder and stronger. Wrestling is about equal maybe slight edge to Aldo. BJJ are about the same as neither ever utilize it that much.

I think they are fairly even and will come down to the intangibles. Pettis has better cardio but maybe with a less weight cut Aldos will be better. Chin are about the same. They are very similar however I'll go with Aldo hoping he's rejuvenated at 155 and goes back to the monster he once was!

Aldo by 4th round KO

Comment

I love this fight. Both guys are great strikers, and both guys are extremely athletic and explosive. I feel that in terms of being the sniper striker, Pettis has the advantage. But I think Aldo has the better hands, leg kicks, and overall game, as well as pure power. If I had to pick, I'd go with Aldo, but it's a tough fight to call.

Comment

Aldo by decision or late TKO.

Comment

Originally posted by -BORICUA- View Post
                How did he struggle against lamas?
                I think he is just referencing the 5th round of the fight that Llamas won (had top control and was GnPing Aldo near the end of the round). Aside from that, Aldo dominated the fight.

Comment

I think Pettis is gonna win this one for the following reasons.

1) He is a southpaw meaning Aldos low leg kicks are less effective since they have a different target area and distance to cover, and his leg kicks are his biggest weapon! (the inner thigh of the southpaw can take more punishment and is further away and is easier to check, and also isnt tall enough for high kicks, and pettis liver is at the front not the back re body kicks)

2) Pettis is naturally the bigger man with longer range. This will help with punches especially.

3) Pettis is probably the more skillful fighter, so usually a good big man will beat a good small man and well this big man is better than this small man to boot. I see a sneaky head kick KOing Aldo, and shocking the world that aldo is a mere mortal.
                  Last edited by AlexKid; 02-04-2014, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X