Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should James DeGale move up to Light Heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should James DeGale move up to Light Heavyweight?

I thought at the weigh in he looked a little off. Like he may have struggled to make weight.

He was talking about the weight being abit of a struggle.

He doesn't make it easy. Neither does George Groves.

Comment

he won't be effective at 175

Comment

He says he always struggles with the weight but makes it well enough.

I've never been a fan of Jim McDonnell as his trainer and he's supposed to be a fitness fanatic. That's like his main asset.

168 is there for the taking right now so I wanna see him face Badou Jack at least and potentially unify the other titles.

Comment

Didn't he say that he could move down to 160? Or did I mishear.

Comment

no.........

Comment

Struggling to make weight a little is no big deal while he still has some good fights available. He didn't make a huge fuss of it and didn't look like the Bradley Rios corpse. I'd say he has a year or two more at 168 - enough to unify w Jack.

By the time he moves up, Adonis will be completely washed up, nobody knows what Ward is doing, so the only sure thing out there at 175 is Kovalev.. and Kov's not the greatest moneymaker in the world.

Comment

DeGale only rehydrated to 178lbs according to Showtime, it seems he's just right for SMW.

His struggle with weight cut might have more to do with technique than being too big for the class.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                  DeGale only rehydrated to 178lbs according to Showtime, it seems he's just right for SMW.

His struggle with weight cut might have more to do with technique than being too big for the class.
                  He did look very drawn and dehydrated at weigh-in.

Not sure that he is big enough for light heavy though, so maybe it is how he makes weight that is off?

Comment

He should gamble and move up.

Jack vs chavez is basically up next

The wba belt is vacant and Abraham is fighting hopkins or ramirez next so a unification fight wouldn't happen until late 2016. And abraham and jack aren't big money fights for degale anyway.

he should capitalize off of his win in canada and move up to fight Adonis for the WBC title. Win or lose he would still be the champ at 168.

The risk is worth the reward.

Comment

Working...
                    X