Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Parker vs Oleksandr Usyk, who wins in a bout at heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
    Yea Hunter won 2 rnds if you dont know how to score fights . Fight was very close up until the end , the actual punches landed would show that .

Of course Usyk in front of HUGE Ukranian crowd gets closernds with the following he has .With also the Klitchkos backing him,on is really going have to lay into him to get any decision win.
    The Usyk-Hunter fight wasn't that close. Only the first three rounds were competitive and that was probably the worst version of Usyk I have personally ever seen; I've been watching him since 2007. I'm willing to bet Usyk beats him much easier in a rematch.
    Also, Hunter is not a bad fighter. He was named the best boxer of the 2012 USA Olympic team by his fellow teammates, which includes guys like Spence, Diaz Jr, and Ramirez. Hunter basically dominated the Super Heavyweight and Heavyweight USA scene for two Olympic cycles (2008 and 2012).

If you want to go by punch stats landed Usyk landed 321 compared to Hunter's 190, which is almost 150 more shots landed. 131 if you want the exact number.

When it comes to Usyk people complain about the weirdest things. Some guy was whining that he didn't land every punch against Huck. Usyk is landing 35-40% of his punches on his opponents. That's really impressive considering that Usyk is more of a volume puncher. He would land at even higher percentage if he picked his shots more and threw less.
    And he is keeping his opponents at low to mid 20%. Not bad for a fighter that supposedly gets hit too much according to some.
    Especially for higher weights.

Regarding this fight I think Usyk dominates Parker. Guys in the WBSS would worry me more for Usyk than Parker.

Comment

usyk wins but it's scored in parker's favor

Comment

I don't know if we can reasonably assume how well he would handle himself at HW.

There's a big difference between hypothetical ability to step up, and having done it.

I like Usyk a lot, but he's got a short resume.

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
          The Usyk-Hunter fight wasn't that close. Only the first three rounds were competitive and that was probably the worst version of Usyk I have personally ever seen; I've been watching him since 2007. I'm willing to bet Usyk beats him much easier in a rematch.
          Also, Hunter is not a bad fighter. He was named the best boxer of the 2012 USA Olympic team by his fellow teammates, which includes guys like Spence, Diaz Jr, and Ramirez. Hunter basically dominated the Super Heavyweight and Heavyweight USA scene for two Olympic cycles (2008 and 2012).

If you want to go by punch stats landed Usyk landed 321 compared to Hunter's 190, which is almost 150 more shots landed. 131 if you want the exact number.

When it comes to Usyk people complain about the weirdest things. Some guy was whining that he didn't land every punch against Huck. Usyk is landing 35-40% of his punches on his opponents. That's really impressive considering that Usyk is more of a volume puncher. He would land at even higher percentage if he picked his shots more and threw less.
          And he is keeping his opponents at low to mid 20%. Not bad for a fighter that supposedly gets hit too much according to some.
          Especially for higher weights.

Regarding this fight I think Usyk dominates Parker. Guys in the WBSS would worry me more for Usyk than Parker.
          PUNCH stats are a waste of time , anyone can see the Hunter fight was not one sided ,unless you are biased . Usyk has not overly dominated like a world beater so far . Did you see the Usyk vs Huck score card ? And that fight WAS one sided !

If Usyk is not blowing out his own weight class theres really nothing to go on how he does at HW . Those guys are going to much harder than shot Huck or green Hunter.

Do you know why Usyk didn't look that good vs Hunter ? Its bc Hunter is 6'3 himself with solid basic skills . At this time theres nothing to suggest for me he would get past Parker who also is overatted at HW ,but far tougher than any cruiser Usyk could face .

Comment

I think Usyk and Briedis are better than most of the top heavyweights, but I don't think Usyk has the power to hang at heavyweight. Briedis has a better chance IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
              PUNCH stats are a waste of time , anyone can see the Hunter fight was not one sided ,unless you are biased . Usyk has not overly dominated like a world beater so far . Did you see the Usyk vs Huck score card ? And that fight WAS one sided !

If Usyk is not blowing out his own weight class theres really nothing to go on how he does at HW . Those guys are going to much harder than shot Huck or green Hunter.

Do you know why Usyk didn't look that good vs Hunter ? Its bc Hunter is 6'3 himself with solid basic skills . At this time theres nothing to suggest for me he would get past Parker who also is overatted at HW ,but far tougher than any cruiser Usyk could face .
              You were the one that brought punch stats up, you dang dummy.
              Usyk vs. Hunter was one sided after the first three rounds. Hunter didn't have anything in the second half of the fight. And like I said that was one of Usyk's worst performances ever and he still dominated the guy that his Olympic teammates named the best boxer of the team.
              That includes Errol Spence, who I bet you are really high on.

If Usyk isn't beating his opposition convincingly then others are doing much less. All of this is coming because Usyk lost one round to Mchunu and a couple to Hunter. Other fighters are losing more rounds more often. I don't see you complaining about that.
              Seriously, I can only imagine what people will say when Usyk is actually in a really close fight.
              Usyk is landing 300-350 punches, more or less, on his opponents and that's still not enough?
              Who else is doing that? Nobody from Welterweight to Heavyweight is more active than Usyk. And when I mean active I don't just mean punch out put I mean overall game.
              I can only think of a few current boxers that have Usyk's boxing brain. Usyk is creating angles, high priority on defense, movement, etc. and all while maintaining a high output that even lower weight fighters aren't producing.
              There are fighters in the lower weights that don't even move like Usyk. Usyk is a 200-215 pound man moving better than lighter fighters. Think about that.

If you think Usyk is overrated fine, but don't set him to higher standards then!!!

Hunter is not basic. If he was then why did he dominate the US scene for two Olympic cycles. He actually beat the guy that is currently dominating the Heavyweight USA scene for two Olympic cycles himself.
              Also, Hunter gave Roberto Cammarelle, who is one of the best Super Heavyweights ever in amateur boxing, a good fight and that was when Hunter didn't have much international experience.
              Cammarelle in a lot of people's opinion got robbed against Joshua in the final of the 2012 Olympics.

It's true that we don't know how Usyk will do at Heavyweight but the great thing about it is that Usyk will give it a go. Is that not good enough for you?
              I don't understand you people. You all will complain if Usyk never goes to the Heavyweight division and you will complain if he does. It's nothing but complaining with people.

There isn't that much depth at Heavyweight right now, so don't tell me the Cruiserweight division is not comparable when there are more names at Cruiserweight.
              The top guys at Heavyweight are very good, but how many top guys are there. Like Two?
              Marco Huck arguably beat Povetkin, who is still a top 5 at Heavyweight. Just think about that.

If Usyk ever fights Parker I'm willing to have a perma-ban with you. I'll take Usyk. You take Parker.
              Simple as that.
              Joshua and Wilder will be much tougher mountains to climb, but I'm so confident Usyk would beat Parker.
              I honestly hope Parker has the same feelings as you so when Usyk moves up he could get a title shot.

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
                You were the one that brought punch stats up, you dang dummy.
                Usyk vs. Hunter was one sided after the first three rounds. Hunter didn't have anything in the second half of the fight. And like I said that was one of Usyk's worst performances ever and he still dominated the guy that his Olympic teammates named the best boxer of the team.
                That includes Errol Spence, who I bet you are really high on.

If Usyk isn't beating his opposition convincingly then others are doing much less. All of this is coming because Usyk lost one round to Mchunu and a couple to Hunter. Other fighters are losing more rounds more often. I don't see you complaining about that.
                Seriously, I can only imagine what people will say when Usyk is actually in a really close fight.
                Usyk is landing 300-350 punches, more or less, on his opponents and that's still not enough?
                Who else is doing that? Nobody from Welterweight to Heavyweight is more active than Usyk. And when I mean active I don't just mean punch out put I mean overall game.
                I can only think of a few current boxers that have Usyk's boxing brain. Usyk is creating angles, high priority on defense, movement, etc. and all while maintaining a high output that even lower weight fighters aren't producing.
                There are fighters in the lower weights that don't even move like Usyk. Usyk is a 200-215 pound man moving better than lighter fighters. Think about that.

If you think Usyk is overrated fine, but don't set him to higher standards then!!!

Hunter is not basic. If he was then why did he dominate the US scene for two Olympic cycles. He actually beat the guy that is currently dominating the Heavyweight USA scene for two Olympic cycles himself.
                Also, Hunter gave Roberto Cammarelle, who is one of the best Super Heavyweights ever in amateur boxing, a good fight and that was when Hunter didn't have much international experience.
                Cammarelle in a lot of people's opinion got robbed against Joshua in the final of the 2012 Olympics.

It's true that we don't know how Usyk will do at Heavyweight but the great thing about it is that Usyk will give it a go. Is that not good enough for you?
                I don't understand you people. You all will complain if Usyk never goes to the Heavyweight division and you will complain if he does. It's nothing but complaining with people.

There isn't that much depth at Heavyweight right now, so don't tell me the Cruiserweight division is not comparable when there are more names at Cruiserweight.
                The top guys at Heavyweight are very good, but how many top guys are there. Like Two?
                Marco Huck arguably beat Povetkin, who is still a top 5 at Heavyweight. Just think about that.

If Usyk ever fights Parker I'm willing to have a perma-ban with you. I'll take Usyk. You take Parker.
                Simple as that.
                Joshua and Wilder will be much tougher mountains to climb, but I'm so confident Usyk would beat Parker.
                I honestly hope Parker has the same feelings as you so when Usyk moves up he could get a title shot.
                Really please show these stats i mentioned ? What numbers did i post in other than height/weight in contrast to giving my opinion of the Hunter was a close enough fight if not competitive . The stats that were given didn't portray the actual fight as far as im concerned .

Didnt bother reading the rest much after DANG dummy bc that shows where your mentallity is at here and your too emotionally attached on borderline fanboy b.s here so nothing logical will come of anything here . I said punch stats are a waste of time and thats bc there subjective every hard core boxing fan knows that by now with just the contraversial fights we had this year.

You favor stats that is showed to be a flawed compu box system . Huck won all those rnds according to the judges and was a close fight right ? See when you take a fight and leave out stats and judges you see the fighter much clearer

I dont really care for Parker but have him at about ranked 6th...i wouldnt have Usyk ranked at all at HW in top 10. No logical fan would have Usyk near top 5 because it would be based on little. Why would i unless i was a fanboy? So why would i have him the favored over Parker in the CURRENT year 2017?
                Last edited by juggernaut666; 10-14-2017, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X