Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dereck Chisora expects to agree heavyweight rematch with Dillian Whyte this week!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Ortiz just said 2 days ago he'll fight him. Now suddenly the Chisora deal is almost done. They have not made an effort to fight Ortiz.
    Whyte was barking real loud at Ortiz but when Ortiz turned on him Whyte tucked his tail and slunk away. Not a good look...

Comment

Ortiz just said 2 days ago he'll fight him. Now suddenly the Chisora deal is almost done. They have not made an effort to fight Ortiz.
      But Whyte/Chisora has been negotiated for months.

The split is the only hold up, and Whyte mentioned Ortiz to get Chisora to lower his demands.

If Chisora didn't or doesn't lower his demands then the Ortiz fight may also happen.

It's really not hard to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
        I suggest you read it back.

They've been negotiating Whyte Chisora for months now, but I know they have both not budged much in the way of negotiation, which is maybe why Whyte turned his attention to Ortiz. It's possible that has caused Chisora to move on his demands for fear of losing the fight. If both fights were on a similar profile I would agree with you, but they are not. You maybe take the harder fight if it pays more, but not if it pays less.

And I grew up in the SF bay area.
        You seem to have no concept of integrity so all of this just goes over your head and this is the last time I'll try to explain this to you. When you verbally degrade a man and taunt him to fight you on a specific day, then run once he agrees, it makes you the lowest form of coward.

That may mean nothing to you but to most boxing fans, being a guy who talks shyt then ducks is a shameful thing.
        Last edited by Redd Foxx; 10-12-2018, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          You seem to have no concept of integrity so all of this just goes over your head and this is the last time I'll try to explain this to you. When you verbally degrade a man and taunt him to fight you on a specific day, then run once he agrees, it makes you the lowest form of coward.

That may mean nothing to you but to most boxing fans, being a guy who talks shyt then ducks is a shameful thing.
          Whyte vs Ortiz is a huge matchup, they are building it up correctly

Probably turn out to be a stinker of a fight anyway, I'm not fussed

Comment

The Ortiz thing was just a way to get Chisora team to drop the asking price its work since Ortiz open his mouth and felt for it...

Ortiz just help Whyte..

Comment

Why bring up Ortiz if he aint gonna attempt to fight him. The fight was gone. Nobody was talking about that fight until Whyte brought it back up & challenged him & Ortiz accepted. Its only been a couple days & they haven't even attempted to make the Ortiz fight. That's why it's a duck. You call him out outta nowhere then don't even try to make the fight.
              Its not a duck if it means a Joshua fight is being set in motion . Hearn also is an advisor its his job to tell his client whats best and a Ortiz fight doesn't go in a smart direction since it doesn't lead to a Wilder fight. Ducking would imply he needs to defeat Ortiz to get a title shot.

Comment

Working...
              X