No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO is Leaving Boxing After 45 Years, Network Announces

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Andrij View Post
    Kellerman already works for ESPN so he might end up there. Roy Jones will choose between ESPN & FOX.Lampley goes into retirement. He is nearly 70 years of age.
    I would prefer for Roy to go to showtime & replace al bernstine (he sucks).

Comment

• Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post
      Lampley will be the only one HBO will keep from the broadcast team.
      That's why hbo taking L's....LMMFAO!

Comment

• Originally posted by dukesville View Post
        A positive thing about this is no more Lampley and his delusional commentary.
        Amen to that! LMMFAO!

Comment

• Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
          Very sad news, a lot of younger fans here and people who only started watching boxing recently, but this is a sad day for fans who watched HBO boxing in the 80s-90s-mid 00s.

I don't see what's to celebrate, HBO was once the pinnacle of boxing. Their production was top notch, not just the live events but the documentaries, 24/7 specials, etc.

HBO has produced some of the best boxing moments in history, but started going downhill in the last decade. In the end, HBO did it to themselves.

R.I.P. HBO Boxing

Thanks for the memories.
          No jim lampley, harold ledderman & bias hbo hype jobs like Triple L is the BIGGEST reason to celebrate!! LMMFAO!

Comment

• Originally posted by clemenza View Post
            Lets be honest folks, HBO Boxing has been finished since the Late Arturo Gatti Retirement. Arturo carried that network for along with Shane Mosely & Roy Jones for a decade. The only positive is I never have to hear Harold Lederman and those 2 ultra Radicals Lampley & Kellerman.
            Lampley cooled his leftist views on air but Max was total garbage. That network is full of liberal poop. Now stick with Bill Maher & all there other anti American programs. Real Sport with Bryant Gumble . That’s is quality programming.
            Adios, and take Oscar Delahoya with you.
            And that’s that
            NO YOU be honest with your self! hbo went downhill when T.B.E. left!! Like Floyd said, "hbo need to fire you, you don't know shet about boxing, you aint shet!" LMMFAO!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6Zert5VaWk

Comment

• Originally posted by eco1 View Post
              ok, 1972, but did they have Boxing???? mmmmm
              Showtime just K.O.'d hbo JIM!! LMMFAO!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                HBO is trying to compete with Netflix it's about movies and creating their own shows. They got ride of Inside the NFL and have been phasing out of any sports media for years. They want to strictly be in the Movies and TV business that's where they are investing their money not live sports.
                T.B.E. dug the ditch for hbo….LMMFAO!

Comment

• Lampley's getting up there in age but he's still a solid, highly knowledgeable play-by-play guy so wonder if another boxing outlet would pick him up (thinking probably not but we'll see). Have read he'll stay on at HBO in some capacity but not sure what his role would be - I'd assume that "Fight Game" show he has is finished but we'll see on that as well. If Lampley is done as a play-by-play guy I tip my hat to him - he had a fantastic run.

I'd assume the most likely scenario for Max is rejoining the boxing team for ESPN, where he's already employed. HOPEFULLY he replaces Mark Kriegel as the main color commentator - regardless of what you think of Max I think nearly all of us can at least agree he's a more capable commentator than that guy LOL. Kriegel is an excellent writer/storyteller so can maybe be retained in that role but have never thought the guy was a good fit ringside.

Comment

• Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                    another nail in the coffin of american boxing, sad to see.
                    So.... the Showtime all-time high rating and commitment to the sport and ESPN's massive ratings and commitment to the sport, and Fox and it's Fox sports fledging networks commitment to the sport are which part of the coffin?

Comment

• Only upside to this is that I no longer have to listen to Kellerman, Lampley and Jones sucking off their house fighter and calling phantom punches. Hopefully none of the other networks pick up Kellerman and Jones. I have a feeling ESPN may give Kellerman the job at ringside. As much as I can't stand him, he's an improvement over that douchebag Mark Kriegel.

Comment

Working...
                      X