Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford-Horn Will Be Streamed Through ESPN+ Subscription App

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I correct to assume that it will still only be available in the US however?

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
      Nope. Some cards will be on ESPN and watch ESPN while others will be on the app for 4.99 a month along with other sports content like Crawford horn
      So this will not be on TV at all?? **** that if true! Suck my ass Top Rank and ESPN

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Maybe he hurt his hand testing the app?
        LOL.

Yea this news makes it seem all the more likely there isn't really an injury. And if there is its a minor injury that wasn't going to change the fight date & was going to heal in camp & barely slow him down. Thus its being used more to push the date out to a more favorable time since Manny isn't involved than to "heal" Bud.

Fair play to them. Can't let us see everything that goes on behind the scenes, but this one seems pretty obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
          So this will not be on TV at all?? **** that if true! Suck my ass Top Rank and ESPN
          Right, not sure if everyone caught that in the write up but I think this is saying the 12 cards on the app will be okay to above average, and the normal ESPN cards will generally be **** once the app launches lol

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
            But the fight will be televised on regular ESPN still, correct?
            It doesn't sound like it. It sounds like this is basically a monthly PPV app service. I mean if you are only in it for the boxing, like I & I imagine others would be, it will be that more or less.

Wonder if these fights will still get sold to BoxNation or w/e for the UK audience or this is a worldwide app. Is ESPN a thing in the UK? Or is Sky the ESPN of the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
              and the normal ESPN cards will generally be **** once the app launches lol
              Thats gonna suck if true, but I'd be surprised if thats not the case. It seems like the ESPN cards gotta drop in appeal to make the ESPN+ cards look worth $4.99/month.

Boxing always getting greedy too fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                LOL.

Yea this news makes it seem all the more likely there isn't really an injury. And if there is its a minor injury that wasn't going to change the fight date & was going to heal in camp & barely slow him down. Thus its being used more to push the date out to a more favorable time since Manny isn't involved than to "heal" Bud.

Fair play to them. Can't let us see everything that goes on behind the scenes, but this one seems pretty obvious.
                2 of the best p4p fighters in the world had to have fights rescheduled because ticket sales were slow.

How this happens when both these dudes have built in fanbases in is ridiculous.

It seems simple to me-If Crawford or Mikey is the "A side" against relatively unknowns-put the fight in Nebraska or Southern Cal respectively. If they are the clear B side or the fight is against a Loma or Spence-put the fight in NYC or Vegas.

How fucking difficult is it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  2 of the best p4p fighters in the world had to have fights rescheduled because ticket sales were slow.

How this happens when both these dudes have built in fanbases in is ridiculous.

It seems simple to me-If Crawford or Mikey is the "A side" against relatively unknowns-put the fight in Nebraska or Southern Cal respectively. If they are the clear B side or the fight is against a Loma or Spence-put the fight in NYC or Vegas.

How fucking difficult is it.
                  Well I think ticket sales sucked cuz they didn't do much advertising + the rumors were Manny was gonna be on the card for wayyyyyy too long so it was in general just a clusterf#ck of a situation.

But yea idk why they are putting this fight in Vegas. This isn't a Vegas fight. Manny vs Bud is. Bud vs Horn isn't. Throw Bud back home or a neutral site like Cali as you mention if Horn doesn't wanna fight on Bud's turf.

Comment

i think you guys have it wrong. This will be on regular ESPN TV too. The app is for if you don't have espn/cable.

Comment

I wonder if you have to have a subscription to a cable company? If not, I'd pay $4.99 a month for that, no problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X