Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Erica Garner declared brain dead with no chance of recovery after massive heart attac

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    What was the cause of death?

I’m not trying to defend the cops, but I always saw it being reported as dude had asthma attack which led to heart attack.. cops thought he was faking..

Is that not true?
    That was how his daughter Erica died...not the father Eric. He died of a choke hold during his arrest.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaded View Post
      That was how his daughter Erica died...not the father Eric. He died of a choke hold during his arrest.
      I thought he was in chokehold and then died after, when they thought he was faking his asthma..

So he literally died in the cop’s arms in a chokehold?

There has been so much said about this case, and I really don’t even care about it, I’m just trying to get solid facts now that everything cooled off and it’s not all the instant reaction BS.

But for real, I always thought it was chokehold, then he complains about asthma, they don’t believe him, and he dies. I never knew he died while in the actual chokehold

Comment

I thought he was in chokehold and then died after, when they thought he was faking his asthma..

There has been so much said about this case, and I really don’t even care about it, I’m just trying to get solid facts now that everything cooled off and it’s not all the instant reaction BS.

But for real, I always thought it was chokehold, then he complains about asthma, they don’t believe him, and he dies. I never knew he died while in the actual chokehold
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Eric_Garner

Death of Eric Garner
        From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Time c. 3:30 p.m. (EDT)
        Location 202 Bay Street, Staten Island, New York, U.S.
        Coordinates 40.63716°N 74.07674°WCoordinates: 40.63716°N 74.07674°W
        Cause Breathing difficulty due to chokehold, compression of chest, prone positioning, and/or asthma
        Participants Daniel Pantaleo and Justin Damico (NYPD officers)
        Outcome No indictment
        Deaths 1
        Coroner New York City Medical Examiner
        Litigation $5.9 million out-of-court settlement

On July 17, 2014, Eric Garner died in Staten Island, New York City, after a New York City Police Department (NYPD) officer put him in a headlock or chokehold for about 15 to 19 seconds while arresting him. NYPD policy prohibits the use of chokeholds. The officer denied choking Garner, but the New York City Medical Examiner's Office report stated "Cause of Death: Compression of neck (choke hold), compression of chest and prone positioning during physical restraint by police" and "Contributing Conditions: Acute and chronic bronchial asthma; Obesity; Hypertensive cardiovascular disease".

NYPD officers approached Garner on suspicion of selling single cigarettes from packs without tax stamps. After Garner told the police that he was tired of being harassed and that he was not selling cigarettes, the officers went to arrest Garner. When officer Daniel Pantaleo tried to take Garner's wrist behind his back, Garner pulled his arms away. Pantaleo then put his arm around Garner's neck and took him down onto the ground. After Pantaleo removed his arm from Garner's neck, he pushed the side of Garner's face into the ground while four officers moved to restrain Garner, who repeated "I can't breathe" eleven times while lying facedown on the sidewalk. After Garner lost consciousness, officers turned him onto his side to ease his breathing. Garner remained lying on the sidewalk for seven minutes while the officers waited for an ambulance to arrive. The officers and emergency medical technicians did not perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on Garner at the scene; according to a spokesman for the PBA, this was because they believed that Garner was breathing and that it would be improper to perform CPR on someone who was still breathing. He was pronounced dead at the hospital approximately one hour later.

The medical examiner concluded that Garner was killed by "compression of neck (choke hold), compression of chest and prone positioning during physical restraint by police". No damage to Garner's windpipe or neck bones was found. The medical examiner ruled Garner's death a homicide. According to the medical examiner's definition, a homicide is a death caused by the intentional actions of another person or persons, which is not necessarily an intentional death or a criminal death. On December 3, 2014, the Richmond County grand jury decided not to indict Pantaleo. On that day, the United States Department of Justice announced it would conduct an independent investigation. The event stirred public protests and rallies, with charges of police brutality made by protesters. By December 28, 2014, at least 50 demonstrations had been held nationwide specifically for Garner while hundreds of demonstrations against general police brutality counted Garner as a focal point. On July 13, 2015, an out-of-court settlement was announced in which the City of New York would pay the Garner family $5.9 million.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
          Well that certainly doesn't apply to the Eric Garner case.
          Hence the "for example". If you're trying to apply that to the Garner case you're missing the point.

Comment

He didn't die of a choke hold

The choke among with other factors like them laying on him, him being prone, him being obese, etc. all led to his death

He didn't even pass out when he got choked

Let alone die from it

Comment

He didn't die in the choke

If he was being choked properly he wouldn't have even been able to talk to complain he can't breathe.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                I didn't say it was murder although I think it should have been for the officer who applied the prohibited chokehold. My whole point was that his death was caused by someone other than himself which in this case was the police.

Garner didn't die of natural causes.
                Still not murder for that cop

Maybe manslaughter or negligent homicide

Chokes get a bad name

Chokes are very effective and should be part of police training

Trained properly Chokes are more effective than stun guns, pepper sprays, batons

Only reason it's banned from police is stupid legality by dumb ppl that don't understand it

Ppl think choking is too kill ppl or something

I'd rather get choked out and passed out by a cop than shot or pepper sprayed or beat with batons

You get light headed, pass out and wake up in cuffs

I'll take that over going to the hospital or in pain and blind for hours

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                  He didn't die of a choke hold

The choke among with other factors like them laying on him, him being prone, him being obese, etc. all led to his death

He didn't even pass out when he got choked

Let alone die from it
                  The official report was he passed out and never regained consciousness...death by choke. Re-read my post 103...

the New York City Medical Examiner's Office report stated "Cause of Death: Compression of neck (choke hold), compression of chest and prone positioning during physical restraint by police" and "Contributing Conditions: Acute and chronic bronchial asthma; Obesity; Hypertensive cardiovascular disease".

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...&postcount=103

Comment

The official report was he passed out and never regained consciousness...death by choke. Re-read my post 103...

the New York City Medical Examiner's Office report stated "Cause of Death: Compression of neck (choke hold), compression of chest and prone positioning during physical restraint by police" and "Contributing Conditions: Acute and chronic bronchial asthma; Obesity; Hypertensive cardiovascular disease".

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...&postcount=103
                    No

After they handcuffed him, he was still conscious and talking

Hello, he was complaining he couldn't breathe!

That's not how Chokes work.

A rear naked choke is blood choke. Not air. It cuts off circulation to the brain and you pass out immediately.

Besides the cop wasn't even doing a proper choke. It was more of a headlock.

Comment

What was the cause of death?

I’m not trying to defend the cops, but I always saw it being reported as dude had asthma attack which led to heart attack.. cops thought he was faking..

Is that not true?

The New York City Medical Examiner’s office has ruled that the chokehold by a police officer on a Staten Island man last month caused his death.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/08/...th-a-homicide/

Comment

Working...
                      X