Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lomachenko vs. Mikey Garcia or Spence vs Crawford - If only 1 can happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spence vs Crawford would be my favorite of these two wonderful fights. If they happen I think Loma wins a close fight at 135 pounds and Spence KOs Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      I think Loma has an easy time with Mikey. People will be surprised how the styles mesh.

I'd make Crawford a decided favorite over Spence too but I view it as a more competitive and entertaining match. Crawford would have to go through some hell to win or Spence would have to overcome some great tactics to get a win. Mikey would just get outsped, outslicked and picked off in a route.

Crawford-Spence is Boxings best match IMO.
      The thing I have been telling everybody is what worried Loma was Linares athleticism.

Mickey isn't athletic, he's not slow but I wouldn't call him fast.

But Mickey has a quick mind and react fast, that's why he times very well.

Mickey will more worry Loma with his strength, punches selection and game plan.
      Linares worried Loma with arm length, speed and quick legs.

Mickey is stronger than Linares but slower. And Linares was well prepared, fought 2 leftis, Gesta and Campbell in a row before Loma.

Comment

I'm a fan of all four fighters.

But I'd pick Crawford vs. Spence, because the fight would be bigger overall.

I'm intrigued by both fights though. It's hard to pick a clear winner in either fight, but I lean towards Loma beating Mikey. However, Spence vs. Crawford is real 50/50 fight.

Comment

I enjoy watching Loma fighting so there is the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            Both are huge for me but I think Spence/Crawford is the more competitive one. People seem to think Loma can't be beat but I think they're going to be reminded that size matters if he fights Garcia, who is just too strong for Loma. As much as I'd still like to see that fight, I'm OK if it doesn't happen because I don't want to see Loma take an unnecessary loss.

I think Spence/Crawford is going to brew for a couple more years until it becomes a mega fight. It's such an intriguing match for me that it makes everything else (incl AJ/Wilder) seem like "whatever"...
            Well, Bud might end up too small for Spence himself.
            Bud haven't fought at WW yet and just walked through B 140 pounders.
            And Spence is more of a A 147 pounder, built like a 154 pounder. There is a big gap btw 140 and 147 fighters, and btw B and A fighters.

If Loma can take/avoid Mikey's best punches he beats him.
            Mikey needs a KO or a bunch of KD to decision Loma, he ain't outpointing IMO, Loma too fast and active and does match Mickey skills.

I also think the level of boxing skills is higher in that Mikey Loma clash so I'm surprised you're not high on this fight.

If Loma loses he loses, he already did...But he just needs 2 tune up before that fight that's all.

Loma will get better, he's that type of hard working smart champion with some genius in him.

I'm not denying Loma has limits, starting with his reach and power.

Comment

I'd rather see Spence vs. Crawford, that's a phenomenal fight and I think Spence takes it.

As for Loma vs. Mikey as a fan of the former, its a high risk but I think Loma takes it, and if he doesn't as been mentioned already, why take an unnecessary loss?

I want to see Loma take a couple of good fights at 135 or 130 for the next few and then take on another milestone challenge like Mikey but give it some time.

Eventually Loma will get stopped because he will just take on someone too big, and I wan't to see him fighting for years to come.

But Spence vs. Crawford I've been waiting for, but something tells me it won't happen with the 0 still being the end all

Comment

I'm most interested in Spence vs Thurman.

Crawford has done nothing at WW yet, came up from the lower weights where he was a weight bully fighting B level opposition. Spence is a BIG WW and is #1-#2 in the division. I'm not that intrigued by Spence vs Crawford right now.

I'm also not that interested in Loma vs Garcia. They're vastly different in size. I just can't see Loma's skills being enough against Garcia's skills and his size.

Spence vs Thurman is the fight that needs to be made at 147lbs. Thurman needs to get healed up, get a tuneup, then try to unify with Spence. Worst case get a tuneup and then 1 small step up from there but we need that fight ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                  The thing I have been telling everybody is what worried Loma was Linares athleticism.

Mickey isn't athletic, he's not slow but I wouldn't call him fast.

But Mickey has a quick mind and react fast, that's why he times very well.

Mickey will more worry Loma with his strength, punches selection and game plan.
                  Linares worried Loma with arm length, speed and quick legs.

Mickey is stronger than Linares but slower. And Linares was well prepared, fought 2 leftis, Gesta and Campbell in a row before Loma.
                  Yeah, a lot of the same posters who thought Loma would lose and some lose badly against Linares are even more harsh on their assessments of Lomachenko.

Garcia avoided Linares for a reason. That's not **** talk. He straight up avoided that fight when it was there no strings attached. Linares is taller, has more range, longer reach and much more speed of hand and foot. He hits harder though and has good timing but people are going to be surprised how he struggles to get set. Loma doesn't have to close the distance as much with Garcia. He will simply have too much speed, too many angles and won't be stationary.

Mikey has looked good lighting up one-dimensional fighters who come forward and aren't elusive. His matchmaking has been very particular since he struggled earlier in his career with movement. He's avoided fighters like Gamboa, Uchiyama, Linares because he wants a limited come forward fighter with no speed of foot and not much head movement. He wouldn't get that with Loma.

Also worth noting Loma improves fight to fight. He improved dramatically from Salido to Russell from then to Martinez and that to Rigo. He's going to improve from Linares since he's learned more and seen more. Garcia's gets very predictable as a fight goes on and his offensive creativity isn't what his fanatics want us to believe. He's not a Marquez clone.

I really can't see anything other than a 9-3 or 10-2 type fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
                    I'd rather see Spence vs. Crawford, that's a phenomenal fight and I think Spence takes it.

As for Loma vs. Mikey as a fan of the former, its a high risk but I think Loma takes it, and if he doesn't as been mentioned already, why take an unnecessary loss?

I want to see Loma take a couple of good fights at 135 or 130 for the next few and then take on another milestone challenge like Mikey but give it some time.

Eventually Loma will get stopped because he will just take on someone too big, and I wan't to see him fighting for years to come.

But Spence vs. Crawford I've been waiting for, but something tells me it won't happen with the 0 still being the end all
                    ... my take is that Loma would fight Mickey... but I just don't see how Arum would agree on this one...

Comment

Spence Vs Crawford isn't as competitive as some may think, you have a guy who dominated 140lbs not a big feat considering how weak the division was at the time Crawford was beating everyone.
                      Bloated up Gamboa
                      Ricky Burns
                      Unheard of Viktor Postol
                      Raymundo Beltran
                      I think that's it, his resume is pretty poor and he has never been in with any true elite fighters, Spence will likely KO Terence, the skill gap is too wide.

Comment

Working...
                      X