Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev-Marcus Browne Deal Done for HBO Bout; Date Not Set

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browne has looked good since the Kalajdzic fight and potentially poses stylistic problems for Kovalev

By the way I don't agree with people writing off Shabranskyy and Mikhalkin as cans. They're not elite but they're solid defences, especially coming off of a loss. They'd almost certainly beat Monaghan, who I think is Browne's best win

Comment

Originally posted by Johnston View Post
      He has 21 fights and the kalajdzic fight was a robbery if remember right
      Yeah, it's been a while but I think Browne was either credited with a bogus knockdown or was knocked down and it was ruled a slip. Regardless, it was fairly clear to me that Kalajdzic won the fight. Surprised that Kalajdzic hasnt fought since 2016. Anyway, Browne should be given props for taking thus fight. I favor Kovalev based on what I've seen of "Sir" but who knows, Krusher may have lost a step. Good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by kennethjohn View Post
        Good fight this will be kovalevs best win should he win.
        LOL. Browne is a prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
          Browne has looked good since the Kalajdzic fight and potentially poses stylistic problems for Kovalev

By the way I don't agree with people writing off Shabranskyy and Mikhalkin as cans. They're not elite but they're solid defences, especially coming off of a loss. They'd almost certainly beat Monaghan, who I think is Browne's best win
          Wait don't certain fighters get **** for fight subpar fighters after a loss. I remember Danny Garcia getting all kinds of crap for taking on Rios after his loss but Kovalev gets a pass for fighting back to back cans and beating one if them for a title

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
            He should have picked Beterbiev if wanted a better shot at winning title imo.Kov will bring more money though.
            Didn't Browne pass on a mandatory shot against Beterbiev or was it someone else he passed on?

Comment

Should be a good fight. Kovalev better be ready. He should win though.

Comment

Really nice fight. I don’t think it’s going the distance either.

You have to lean toward Kovalev here, but he looked like poop in his last fight and I don’t know if his confidence is the same. Browne is athletic, has good pop and right now is brimming with confidence. Should be fun while it lasts.

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
                  I like this fight with Marcus Browne a lot better than that Igor Mikhalkin fight, that's for sure.
                  That was a dreadful fight.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                    Wait don't certain fighters get **** for fight subpar fighters after a loss. I remember Danny Garcia getting all kinds of crap for taking on Rios after his loss but Kovalev gets a pass for fighting back to back cans and beating one if them for a title
                    Has Danny ever fought a P4Per before??? Let alone twice...

Comment

This fight is way too early for Browne. I don’t know what his people are thinking. He hasn’t even tested himself against B level guys yet but he’s jumping up to the big league against Kovalev? This is how you ruin a young fighter before they can get confidence.

Comment

Working...
                      X