Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sources: Wilder rejects 100 million DAZN offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... some guy (Mannix) tweets that "sources tell SiNow", while Sports Illustrated didn't tweet anything on this...
    Last edited by MDPopescu; 03-14-2019, 04:02 PM. Reason: error

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post

If the contract doesn't Guarantee AJ then I don't see the point to be honest. Fight Breazeale on FOX or CBS? In front of a way bigger Audience then revisit a deal later when they can at least Guarantee the AJ fight. You got reports that AJ is not apart of Wilder's DAZN Deal then you got reports that he is part of it BUT 2020

I would think this Woke Showtime Up and they jumped in and matched purse at least for the Breazeale Fight
      They're not going to pay him $40m to fight anyone else so we can assume AJ is guaranteed as part of the deal. If AJ isn't part of the deal then its an even better deal!

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post

If the contract doesn't Guarantee AJ then I don't see the point to be honest. Fight Breazeale on FOX or CBS? In front of a way bigger Audience then revisit a deal later when they can at least Guarantee the AJ fight. You got reports that AJ is not apart of Wilder's DAZN Deal then you got reports that he is part of it BUT 2020

I would think this Woke Showtime Up and they jumped in and matched purse at least for the Breazeale Fight
        I doubt he gets offered anything close to 100m if the name at the end of those two fights is Joshua. What I see here is sho/Fox/Haymon doing everything they can to keep him. Have said this many time, if Haymon lose him to any other network after signing deals with showtime and fox then he would have a lot of explaining to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
          They're not going to pay him $40m to fight anyone else so we can assume AJ is guaranteed as part of the deal. If AJ isn't part of the deal then its an even better deal!
          Yeah I didn’t even see your post. But I agree with you, either way it’s a win win for him. If they are dumb enough to pay him 100m for 3 fights that doesn’t include Joshua then I could only imagine what they would pay him for a Joshua undisputed fight. Either way he is betting on himself..

Comment

Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
            All of the credible boxing reporters had it as 3 fights. 1 vs Breazeale and 2 vs Joshua.

Wilder isn't worth crazy money without fights with Joshua.
            That is the report I heard as well!

As for what Wilder is worth...I honestly can't say what he is worth, that is what Networks and APPS executives get a lot of damn money to figure out if he is worth it. DAZN thinks he is absolutely worth it if they're making that type of offer

Comment

I won't buy a single word of this shit until they make a formal announcement at the press conference on Tuesday; Because right now this all sounds like bullshit to me by jealous and bitter ass people who don't want to see Deontay Wilder to succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                "Give me $50M and I SWEAR I will sign tomorrow" Anthony Joshua
                Lol, as if that was ever true.

Anyway, I will give you $50m to fight me, just agree please and THEN I will send you all the details.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                  I don't believe that, I just think the guys around him have too much control. It's been like that all along, the reality is Finkel's and Haymons ego's have tanked the fight thus far, as well as Hearns mouth.
                  Oh **** off with this cop out. Wilders the reason they had a meeting in the first place. If Wilder wanted this fight, just like if he really wanted to step up since he became champion he would've been done it. Wilder is ducking this fight plane and simple. **** him and everyone that supports him. Don't even try to legitimise this.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                    I don't believe that, I just think the guys around him have too much control. It's been like that all along, the reality is Finkel's and Haymons ego's have tanked the fight thus far, as well as Hearns mouth.
                    Hearn getting frustrated and saying mean things should not be an impediment to a deal this big.

Wilder doesn't want to fight AJ. Joshua is begging for the fight. Wikder has turned down numerous offers and a King's ransom - he doesn't fancy it.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                      ... some guy (Mannix) tweets that "sources tell SiNow", while Sports Illustrated didn't tweet anything on this...
                      Mannix works for DAZN. He will have inside information.

Comment

Working...
                      X