No announcement yet.

Rate The Last Film You Saw!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I've heard lotsa ppl say it was a good film. That said I was surprised a subtitled film won the Oscar for best film for the first time ever. I do dig the director doe. Seems like a interesting & fun cat even if I gotta listen to him through an interpreter.
    It's not that bad but overrated imo. I actually just found out that it not only won Best Picture but a few others. WTF!!!???

You could give it a watch. You might like it but i still think it might be a tad overrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
      I just watched it with the wife. We both thought it was very good....although you couldn't predict how everything was going to pan out, I knew there was going to be something shocking happening eventually. I can't compare it to any of the other nominated movies, except for The Irishman, and it was WAY better than that thing.

Still think Roma was the best movie I've seen in years. And it won foreign movie a couple years ago.
      I got to admit it does have some fun parts especially when (SPOILER. Highlight to read) they were trying to kill each other. I have yet to watch the other Best Picture nominations except The Joker. Another crap flick except for Phoenix's acting. To compare the two yeah Parasite is way more enjoyable movie.

I've not seen Roma. Maybe i'll try to give it a watch if i can.

Comment

• Originally posted by Outworn View Post
        How the fuck did Parashit won Best Picture?
        not just that, won best director, screenplay too. i liked it but i don't know if it was that good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
          not just that, won best director, screenplay too. i liked it but i don't know if it was that good.
          So you think it was overrated too?

Please refresh me cos i've forgotten or didn't get this part. (SPOILER) Why was the driver fired when the the girl leave her panty in the car?

Anyway you seen The Invisible Guest yet? It shit on Parasite big time.

Comment

So you think it was overrated too?

Please refresh me cos i've forgotten or didn't get this part. (SPOILER) Why was the driver fired when the the girl leave her panty in the car?

Anyway you seen The Invisible Guest yet? It shit on Parasite big time.
            if i'm not mistaken it was because they thought it was inappropriate to have sex in the family car? or something like that.

i haven't yet, i'm preparing some finals, have one next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
              if i'm not mistaken it was because they thought it was inappropriate to have sex in the family car? or something like that.

i haven't yet, i'm preparing some finals, have one next week.
              I don't really get that part too. Good luck on your papers. No hurry on watching The Invisible Guest but do tell when you've watched it. Cheers fam!!!!

Comment

I don't really get that part too. Good luck on your papers. No hurry on watching The Invisible Guest but do tell when you've watched it. Cheers fam!!!!
                Because it was a low class thing to do and the whole movie was about the differences between the upper and the (literally!) lower classes. Remember the husband wondering why the driver just didn't get a hotel room. Also, the wife was weird about germs and she wondered about semen left behind.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.R View Post
                  The Inbetweeners movie. 5/10 not as great as people are raving about but I laughed a few times..
                  I give that a 0/10, along with the series. Absolute turd for people with barely functioning brains.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                    Because it was a low class thing to do and the whole movie was about the differences between the upper and the (literally!) lower classes. Remember the husband wondering why the driver just didn't get a hotel room. Also, the wife was weird about germs and she wondered about semen left behind.
                    That's the thing that i hate about the movie. The rich family are so dumb and fell for everything that the poor family does. It makes it unrealistic in my eyes although it is not impossible.

And why didn't the rich family bust them when the son said they all have the same smell? Makes me argh....

Comment

That's the thing that i hate about the movie. The rich family are so dumb and fell for everything that the poor family does. It makes it unrealistic in my eyes although it is not impossible.

And why didn't the rich family bust them when the son said they all have the same smell? Makes me argh....
                      LOL the movie was produced by Bernie Sanders...all rich people are stupid.

The director certainly pushed the point that he wanted to make about class but yeah they were stupid and the poor people had street smarts. Kind of like the Upstairs Downstairs old BBC show...you hated the rich upstairs people but liked the downstairs servants.

Comment

Working...
                      X