No announcement yet.

Size wasn't really a factor tonight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Size wasn't really a factor tonight.

Even if they were the same size Spence still would have won. He is the more skilled boxer.

Shades of mayweather/marquez. Spence was just a better all around fighter

Comment

Shades of lomachenko/rigondeaux. Spence was just a better all around fighter

Comment

Exactly, put Spence's brain of tonight in Easter long ass body and Easter would have easily out boxed Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
          Even if they were the same size Spence still would have won. He is the more skilled boxer.
          Not true at all. If Mikey were the same height then proportionally his arms would be longer too. The reason why Mikey couldn’t get off was because of reach.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
            Not true at all. If Mikey were the same height then proportionally his arms would be longer too. The reason why Mikey couldn’t get off was because of reach.
            You are wrong. Easter has longer arms than Spence. Why could Mikey get off against him and not Spence?

Comment

I have to agree.

Mikey showed no real quality tonight, regardless of size. Well he should toughness and the experience to survive. I always remember Tony Bellew on commentary one time saying that any good pro can survive 12 rounds if that's all they want to do in the fight. That's all Garcia tried to do really. You can learn to survive like that from years of sparring and fighting, so it's hard to even give him credit for that. Though he did take some big shots, so that i give him credit for.

Ultimately, Mikey has no real elite attribute. He's just very solid all round. When you're moving through the weights like that, you need some attribute to your game that can give bigger opponents a real problem but he doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
                He got off on Easter's height and reach.

Comment

Nah. Spence is skilled, no doubt, but he respected Mikey quite a bit. There’s good reason for that. If they were the same size, I’d probably have to go with Garcia. I predicted Errol would win, and I scored it a whitewash for him, but that size difference mattered.

Comment

Dont be stupid. The difference was the distance and size, period. Mikey won tonight the respect of everyone and Spence got exposed as a featherfisted fraud lol

Comment

Working...
                    X