Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are characteristics/traits of the devil?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
    I know the Bible says love thy enemy, but it's really hard with his knee in your neck... For hundreds of years, literally and figuratively
    18If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.19Beloved,never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written,“Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”

Romans chapter 12.

Find peace with all. God's law is not for your enemies, it's for you. If you follow God's law and find peace with your enemies, then you will discover peace itself. Peace will live inside you and bless all that you do.

Peace itself will comfort you. Peace with faith and God's love will make you whole.
    Last edited by llll; 05-28-2020, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
      Nat Turner spoke about how Bible verses were used to keep us enslaved (mentally/physically) and to literally love the one's responsible for so much mischief publically and privately... It's hard man.

The bible, particularly the New Testament was not written with black, white, or Asian people in mind, it was written with all people in mind, regardless of background. Chattel slavery which was vastly different from biblical slavery wasn't a thing until well over a thousand years later. During that span of thousand years biblical verses were repeatedly perverted to either justify war, slavery, or just general oppression.

In the end, lets not forget that we are here only for an extremely brief amount of time, and that this earth is not our true home. We can focus on the things of this world like politics, race, and tribalism which is not only evil, but a complete waste of time since none of it will matter once we die. Or we can focus on the things that will bring salvation. Sadly most people will focus on the things of this world, because we are of this world and this world is ruled by Satan. I can openly and sadly admit that I am incredibly way to worldly for my liking.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
        The bible, particularly the New Testament was not written with black, white, or Asian people in mind, it was written with all people in mind, regardless of background. Chattel slavery which was vastly different from biblical slavery wasn't a thing until well over a thousand years later. During that span of thousand years biblical verses were repeatedly perverted to either justify war, slavery, or just general oppression.

In the end, lets not forget that we are here only for an extremely brief amount of time, and that this earth is not our true home. We can focus on the things of this world like politics, race, and tribalism which is not only evil, but a complete waste of time since none of it will matter once we die. Or we can focus on the things that will bring salvation. Sadly most people will focus on the things of this world, because we are of this world and this world is ruled by Satan. I can openly and sadly admit that I am incredibly way to worldly for my liking.
        I can respect this

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post

Jim in here preaching!! Get 'em brother!!

Comment

Red, ugly & demonic

Comment

Originally posted by MEXICAN STYLE View Post
              Red, ugly & demonic

Also needs to have a tail.

Comment

"The Devil" is a compilation of three antagonists in the Bible: Satan, Lucifer, and Beelzebub...which was a mockery of the Canaanite god, Baal. He was just rechristened "Lord of Flies"....think that's right; but it's been a minute.

Anyway, some believe "Satan" or "the antagonist" came from the Zoroastrian "Angriman", who was the counter-part to "Ahura Mazda", or "Wise Lord".

Lucifer was the name of the "Morning Star", or the "bringer of light" and knowledge. It's not really known how this name ended up being one of the Devil's personas..at least not that I've read to any satisfaction. It seems that I remember it being another name for the planet "Venus".

Anyway, characteristics? Well, "King of Lies" is one well known title, as well as "King of this World". Earth is his domain, his kingdom until, of course, the 2nd coming of Jesus and the Apocalyps/Rapture/Armagaedon/Ragnarok, blah, blah, blah. The Devil is commonly belied to be "The Beast" in Revelations in regards to this event.

Weird thing is he was also the tempter of Job. Went to God, himself, to ask permission to torture the guy, killed his kids, family, took away his wealth, gave him boils, etc., all because he made a bet with God....he lost, of course.

He kind of revised that role while Jesus was in the desert, temping him three times until Jesus, of course, defeated him.

So, he tempts people and lies to them to get them to worship him or, at the very least, renounce God.

The common mythology is that he led a revolt against God and got his ass whooped, making him a former "angel. So, he'd be on par with Micha-el, Gabri-el, and the boyz.

Comment

Working...
                X