Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hughie Fury vs Joseph Parker: Hughie will win a very dominant decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im actually really looking forward to seeing a non acne illness riddled hughie fury just for comparitive purposes. As a brit im not the biggest fury family fan but i hope he can pull off the win !

Comment

Hughie Fury is only 22 & Joseph Parker is only 25.

Proper young guns.

Wilder is 31 and still has a trash resume LOL.

Comment

Still wont believe Hughie is a top 10 fighter until he beats a TOP TEN fighter. Parker is certainly one no matter where you list him . Parkers one intangable is power and thats enough to beat and rough up a point fighter who suspiciously looked to have more SNAP on his punches when his body showed sighns of a type of skin problem . Either way i got Parker in this one and have to go by my stand that one will be limited without solid punching with direct impact ,

Comment

So when Hughie clears the PED allegation & this fight happens, I expect Parker to win!

Comment

Parker is not that good and will never be the best heavyweight in the world. He is good enough to beat Hughie with no problem. Being related to a champion doesn't make Hughie a champion level boxer. A.J. could probably knock both of them out on the same night.

Comment

yeah, got a gut feeling that furys gonna win this one and quite comfortably. Ive never really rated parker that highly, doesnt seem that skillful to me at all and really struggled against burger king ruiz. Team fury has got the biggest yardstick of where hughie is at, by sparring with bro tyson. Peters a smart man, if hughie was getting taken apart i have real doubts they'd have thrown him in with parker this early. Hughies got a top amateur background too which people forget about, this kid can box and i think this will be his breakout. Now ive said all that, no doubt parker will end up knocking him out in one round

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
                I have followed Joseph Parker from the beginning, but i need to take him off my top heavyweights list actually.

He has failed to evolve from the promise he showed early in his career, and has in fact gone backwards since his peak which was around the Botha fight.

Parker is at his best when he fights a stationary target. You see against Dimitrenko parker almost went animalistic, just throwing wildly at dimitrenko. There is no sense of refinment. His athleticism and energy has slipped too, and he labours at times.

his movement is very poor, mostly in straight lines. He holds hands low and does not move his head. He has become reliant on power and toughness to gut out fights, and he barely got by the very predictable takam and ruiz.

Hughie is very skilled. Agile, great jab, combination puncher, good use of range, excellent movement. He is going to show parker skills he hasn't ever faced before and Parker has shown he cannot adapt.

I see this as being 10-2 or even wider to hughie.

Couldn't agree more.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                  In other words, big guys. Like Hughie. Against Takam and Ruiz Jr he showed that he doesn't excel against short, stocky, tough pressure fighters, because he likes to dictate the terms of engagement himself and because he has trouble defending his body and he has trouble with accuracy when punching downwards. But he's a different animal with a big target in front of him who will permit him to get on the front foot and make space for his work

So I think he'll have trouble pinning Hughie down because his feet aren't great, but judging by the Kassi fight Hughie doesn't like it up him and so I predict that Parker will have more and more success as the fight goes on and he'll win another close decision
                  That was the lowest point of hughie's illness. He shouldn't have been near a ring that day. If you look at his early fights, he was a lot more energetic, jab was crisp and sharp, body punching was on point. His illness clearly took a big toll on him over the last couple of years.

I think the OP breakdown of Parker is pretty much my opinion too. I like Joe. Good guy, but he hasn't progressed.

Now to me the question is moreso whether Hughie has progressed and if he's fully fit and healthy. If he is, then I think he'll take it quite comfortably.

Comment

I'm looking forward to a good fight - as much as I am looking forward to predictions being owned by those who make them.

Should Parker win - I expect OP to admit he was wrong.

Comment

The Eugh-ie Acne on PED's stands a chance I think they should allow him to dope for this one, get UKAD in to do the testing make sure VADA ain't nowhere to be seem and we've a competitive fight on our hands.

Comment

Working...
                      X