Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Not Impressed With Loma Win: Rigo Too Small

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why should Lomachenko care whether you are impressed of him or not, mister Floyd Mayweather Jr?

Comment

• Has he said anything about the Linares win, I wonder? Not saying he hasn't. Just wondering...

Comment

• Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
        Exactly, he beat Cotto at 145 not 147, he needed a catch-weight to fight the bigger guy.

Regardless of it being 1 weight class, 2 or 3 the point is Pacquaio was too small to challenge Floyd. 140 is Pac's limit.
        Pacquaio weighed more than Floyd on fight night.

Comment

• Originally posted by el*** View Post
          Pacquaio weighed more than Floyd on fight night.
          That's mostly water weight not pure muscle. Pacquaio started at what 105 or 108 or something like that, Floyd started at 130 and their ceiling weight is 140 and 154, respectively.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
            Has he said anything about the Linares win, I wonder? Not saying he hasn't. Just wondering...
            Gayweather Jr will never give another fighter big time props that huge egomaniac. You can bet he's annoyed that people are saying loma is better than him LMAO.

Comment

That's mostly water weight not pure muscle. Pacquaio started at what 105 or 108 or something like that, Floyd started at 130 and their ceiling weight is 140 and 154, respectively.
              They were the same size at the same age. This has already been discussed.

I'm not sure what you mean by ceiling weight, but Pacquiao has been well above 140 for some time. I'm pretty sure that when he was beginning training camp for Cotto at the catchweight, he was already at least 149.

But you can take his word for it:

"This is the last weight division I'm going to fight in and I think my trainer will be happy to hear that because 154 is too big for me and 147 is my regular weight," he said.
              http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...rld-title.html

Comment

• Originally posted by BLACK KNOT View Post
                Gayweather Jr will never give another fighter big time props that huge egomaniac. You can bet he's annoyed that people are saying loma is better than him LMAO.

He should give credit where credit's due. It's the classy thing to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                  They were the same size at the same age. This has already been discussed.

I'm not sure what you mean by ceiling weight, but Pacquiao has been well above 140 for some time. I'm pretty sure that when he was beginning training camp for Cotto at the catchweight, he was already at least 149.

But you can take his word for it:
                  By ceiling I mean his peak or limit which was 140. He was able to compete above 140 because of how skilled he was but again, most of his big fights above 140 were at catch weights.

Comment

Floyd never made 154 in his career Pacquiao did weigh in at full limit of 147

If Pacquiao ceiling was 140 why did he force Marquez to fight at WW and give up 5 lbs on the scale

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                      Floyd never made 154 in his career Pacquiao did weigh in at full limit of 147

If Pacquiao ceiling was 140 why did he force Marquez to fight at WW and give up 5 lbs on the scale
                      Let me clarify, Floyd's limit/peak was 147 but because of his skills he too was able to compete above WW.

I don't understand your second statement, both Pac and JMM were small guys and not natural welterweights.

Comment

Working...
                      X