Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Canelo-Jacobs, Spence-Porter, Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Canelo-Jacobs, Spence-Porter, Golovkin

The Daily Bread Mailbag returns with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tackling topics such as Canelo Alvarez vs. Daniel Jacobs, Errol Spence vs. Shawn Porter, Gennady Golovkin hiring Banks as his new trainer, and more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Was not expecting a mailbag today for obv reasons. Thx for taking time, best writer in business imo.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
      Was not expecting a mailbag today for obv reasons. Thx for taking time, best writer in business imo.
      Yeah, glad he got on and answered a few questions. Was definitely not expecting this on fight week

Comment

Indeed, this mailbag was unexpected. I would of liked for Breadman to expand on the "160lbs to 168lbs is toughest jump in boxing"

Comment

Originally posted by Afi23 View Post
          Indeed, this mailbag was unexpected. I would of liked for Breadman to expand on the "160lbs to 168lbs is toughest jump in boxing"
          Im positive he has more insider knowledge, but on face value, the jump between lower classes are 2-3 pounds. Until bantamweight, then every class has a 4 lbs difference up to feather then 5 pounds separates the divisions until 140-147 and there are 7 pounds between welter and jr middle. The move from JR middle to middle is only 6 and to my knowledge the biggest and a common jump is going from Middle to super middle with 8 pounds, outside of moving between light heavy-cruiser-heavy which ive never paid attention to.

Comment

Yo
            No more mexican style from ggg
            Jab jab right hand

And Ppl who thought jacobs win should read it

Comment

I don't like the narrative Breadman is going with here that Canelo's team picked Danny Jacobs for a reason. That they must have seen something.

Bullshit. Jacobs was universally regarded as one of the top 3 middleweights going into the fight, along with Golovkin and Canelo. So give Alvarez full credit for taking the fight and winning it.

Don't try to make less of it now that it's over, by insinuating that he carefully chose Jacobs because of some perceived flaw he must have had.

Comment

I was just telling a colleague of mine that GGG would pick a black coach.
                Lol. I don't know that I would have phrased it that way but he explained himself well. GG is going for greater efficiency due to his age. American boxing is rooted in an economy of motion, fluidity, and a mind for evading punches more than just blocking. I think it'll be a step up for GG. Just wish he wasn't fighting Rolls next.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  I don't like the narrative Breadman is going with here that Canelo's team picked Danny Jacobs for a reason. That they must have seen something.

Bullshit. Jacobs was universally regarded as one of the top 3 middleweights going into the fight, along with Golovkin and Canelo. So give Alvarez full credit for taking the fight and winning it.

Don't try to make less of it now that it's over, by insinuating that he carefully chose Jacobs because of some perceived flaw he must have had.
                  I think you're reading too much into that. I did the same at first. I don't think criticism was his intention as he went on to give glowing praise of Canelo, putting him in the same category as Floyd and Rigo. I speak highly of Canelo's skill but I wouldn't have even been that generous.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    I think you're reading too much into that. I did the same at first. I don't think criticism was his intention as he went on to give glowing praise of Canelo, putting him in the same category as Floyd and Rigo. I speak highly of Canelo's skill but I wouldn't have even been that generous.
                    I just didn't like reading that.

Canelo picked the toughest fight he could at 160 outside of Golovkin. And that should be the end of it.

None of this "he has a smart team, they obviously knew what they were doing if they picked Jacobs" baloney.

Comment

Working...
                    X