No announcement yet.

Yelling "Bodyshot" Before the KO Body Punch is a Dead Giveaway

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    Don't tell me you're on the same train as that Mcnulty dumbass...
    Have you guys never heard trainers call out instructions before? It's not always audible depending on mic placement, but when you're in there, it's very clear.

Also, the punch was legit. Can people really not see that punch??? Seriously guys... Hops left foot was planted and the left landed square in the bread basket. Also, Oscar did everything you would do; have a slightly delayed response, legs go, don't fold up entirely (because it compresses and hurts more) but tense up, and doesn't hold the belly to communicate what hurt him. He genuinely got hurt.
    I am no Bhop fan but that W was for reals.
    This is something I've always thought about the fight, but you know, upon further scrutiny, some good points have been made on here.

I've obviously heard trainers yell instructions. They do it all the time. For some reason, it just struck me as odd at the time that Nazeem Richardson (Yes, Larry, I realize it was him yelling it) would yell that out several times in a row right before BHOP gets Oscar with the punch. Sometimes, the timing seems funny with things like this like it in fact, is some kind of signal. I mean, that's definitely not out of the realm of possibility.

However, for me, the fly in the ointment is why? Bhop beats Oscar at 160 all day, imo. I don't see the reason for a fix, unless Oscar or Bhop had big side bets where they won a lot of money that we know nothing about but well, obviously that can't be proven.

So in the end, I'm going to go with no, that it wasn't simply because I can't really establish a motive for a fix. Could Oscar have gotten up? Well, no one will ever know or be able to prove that. Was the punch much harder and well-placed than it seemed at the time? I'd say so, looking back, but it's not the type of punch to really sell a KO, obviously. Nevertheless, I don't think it was a fix anymore, but I still say it's mysterious to me and if something came out years from now that fishy business was in the works, I wouldn't be surprised. But that ain't facts. So it is what it is.

Thanks for all the responses, fellas.

Comment

Hey, guys...The Earth be all flat and ish.

Comment

Working...
      X