No announcement yet.

Any of you fighters use CBD?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
    I use CBD twice a day. It's mildly expensive, but I get it from cbdmd (they have some of the best prices with a good product and you can find coupons online for 15-25% off).

I feel it definitely helps with recovery.
    Thanks for sharing bro and good luck to you!

Comment

Bought some, cant wait to see the results.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
        Bought some, cant wait to see the results.

What kind did you get? I like the flower kind the best but smoking it doesn't seem like the healthiest way to take it.

Comment

Almost 2 weeks in. First week was oil-only and it had mild benefits. 2nd week I added smoking and, it's likely be because I'm doubling my CBD intake by adding smoking, but the differences became more apparent. There's a more immediate and noticeable benefit. I found that this stuff can also get you high. I ordered some CBD kief and added it on top of a bowl of CBD flower and both my wife and I were like, WTF?? Maybe that .3 THC content is a loose figure, or maybe I added too much kief. I actually don't like MJ highs because I'm more of a high-energy, get stuff done person. Taken at moderate levels, CBD doesn't affect my energy levels negatively though. It might actually be giving me more energy as I've not taken any after-work naps since starting CBD.

The super concentrated oil was a mistake. It needs to be taken sublingual or orally but tastes far too strong for that. Plus, dosing is really difficult. I greatly prefer the capsules Starseed Botanicals sells. I can let one dissolve under my tongue in the morning and it's not bad at all. Great for when you don't want to, or can't, smoke.

The kief is a real winner if you want bang for your buck. Just add some to whatever you're smoking. Or hash it.

One thing I found out quick is that CBD is seriously expensive if you buy small quan****** (apparently you can't type qty here so I'll say "amounts"), but getting larger amounts is affordable (at least, from the place Slobbers turned me onto) and possibly the same that you would spend on other medications.
          Last edited by Redd Foxx; 11-13-2018, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
            What kind did you get? I like the flower kind the best but smoking it doesn't seem like the healthiest way to take it.
            I got the oil based for now, may go the smoking route.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Almost 2 weeks in. First week was oil-only and it had mild benefits. 2nd week I added smoking and, it's likely be because I'm doubling my CBD intake by adding smoking, but the differences became more apparent. There's a more immediate and noticeable benefit. I found that this stuff can also get you high. I ordered some CBD kief and added it on top of a bowl of CBD flower and both my wife and I were like, WTF?? Maybe that .3 THC content is a loose figure, or maybe I added too much kief. I actually don't like MJ highs because I'm more of a high-energy, get stuff done person. Taken at moderate levels, CBD doesn't affect my energy levels negatively though. It might actually be giving me more energy as I've not taken any after-work naps since starting CBD.

The super concentrated oil was a mistake. It needs to be taken sublingual or orally but takes far too strong for that. Plus, dosing is really difficult. I greatly prefer the capsules Starseed Botanicals sells. I can let one dissolve under my tongue in the morning and it's not bad at all. Great for when you don't want to, or can't, smoke.

The kief is a real winner if you want bang for your buck. Just add some to whatever you're smoking. Or hash it.

One thing I found out quick is that CBD is seriously expensive if you buy small quan****** (apparently you can't type qty here so I'll say "amounts"), but getting larger amounts is affordable (at least, from the place Slobbers turned me onto) and possibly the same that you would spend on other medications.
              Great insight as always Foxx. Sounds like CBD is a great investment.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                I'm glad you made the thread because it's something I looked into about 4 years ago, but the advances in research and availability are MUCH greater now. This thread got me to take the leap I've been meaning to, and right at a time when I've been diagnosed with a painful spinal condition. So, this has been a help while I wait for treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                  Reading this even made me think about investing

Comment

Originally posted by kara View Post
                    Reading this even made me think about investing
                    I'm sure that would be a good idea! It seems like every place I've bought it from struggles to keep their inventory stocked.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                      I'm sure that would be a good idea! It seems like every place I've bought it from struggles to keep their inventory stocked.
                      Sounds like we have an idea for a side business.

Comment

Working...
                      X