WBC President Confirms Wilder vs Fury Close, Explains Mandatory Status

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Accolade View Post
    Monitor tan scholars are at it again.

Eddie Hearn claimed Wilder was sent a contract signed by JOSHUA. Wilder received a contract signed by Hearn with different terms. Debunked.

‘Anthony Joshua says let’s sign the contract and put it in front of them, rather than them thinking that we’re bluffing for some bizarre reason, or we don’t want the fight. ‘Anthony’s going to have a press conference for his next fight next week and he’ll be in America as well, and it will be good to go out there and say we’ve done all we can.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/11/antho...1/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

Debunked, again.

Nowhere in that video does Hearn say Wilder got sent a contract signed by Joshua. That is a figment of your imagination. He said the contract was signed by "US", which refers to Matchroom. Typically a promoter sends a contract to the fighter that the promoter has not signed, then they wait for the fighter to send back a signed copy and THEN the promoter signs it. What Eddie was saying was he sent Wilder a signed copy, and NOT the typical one that would still need his signature. There is no reason that Joshua would likely even SEE the contract sent to Wilder, much less sign it. He is not a party to that agreement.

You armchair experts crack me up sometimes . When the hole is already over your head, stop digging.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
      It wasn't guaranteed at all. "Second mandatory" what kind of bull**** is that. **** the WBC.
      That IS a guarantee, second mandatory or not. Wilder also gave him his word that if he beat Ortiz, he'd fight him.

Comment

That IS a guarantee, second mandatory or not. Wilder also gave him his word that if he beat Ortiz, he'd fight him.
        So he would probably have to wait around for more than a year. For some reason Breazeale gets to be the mandatory even though Whyte is the #1 contender? How does that work? The WBC is the worst sanctioning body about calling mandatories.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
          Nowhere in that video does Hearn say Wilder got sent a contract signed by Joshua. That is a figment of your imagination. He said the contract wassigned by "US", which refers to Matchroom. Typically a promoter sends a contract to the fighter that the promoter has not signed, then they wait for the fighter to send back a signed copy and THEN the promoter signs it. What Eddie was saying was he sent Wilder a signed copy, and NOT the typical one that would still need his signature. There is no reason that Joshua would likely even SEE the contract sent to Wilder, much less sign it. He is not a party to that agreement.

When the hole is already over your head, stop digging.
          Monitor tan scholars are at it... again. Your misinterpretation of what Eddie Hearn and Joshua said isn't my problem, but let's try to fix that.

Shelly Finkel told WBN:
          Just as promised, although twelve hours later than stated, Eddie Hearn sent Finkel a copy of a renewed written agreement for Joshua to battle Wilder in an undisputed unification clash on April 13.

The problem is, Joshua stated the paperwork would be signed by him and all blocks from initial negotiations over the summer, stopping the fight from happening the first time, would be removed.

WBN can reveal neither of these have come to fruition.

Joshua’s intentions have now become cloudy as Finkel lifts the lid on what was presented to Wilder in expectation for him to accept a deal to travel to Wembley Stadium next spring.

“There’s no doubt in my mind they don’t want to fight Deontay Wilder in April,” Finkel exclusively told World Boxing News.

“If they did, they wouldn’t have sent a contract with more impediments in it than the first time. I mean, they don’t even have their own lies together right now.

“Joshua said he’d send a signed contract that removed all impediments and that it would be signed by him, but the contract is not even signed by him - it’s signed by Eddie Hearn. Barry (Hearn) also sent a tweet out yesterday stating the contract was signed by ‘AJ’ but it’s not. And…added to that, they have now put more blocks on the rematch clause than before.
          This comports with what Wilder said. Are you a more believable source than Shelly Finkel and Deontay Wilder, monitor tan scholar? Let me know.

INB4 "Bbbut they're lying."

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
            So he would probably have to wait around for more than a year. For some reason Breazeale gets to be the mandatory even though Whyte is the #1 contender? How does that work? The WBC is the worst sanctioning body about calling mandatories.
            At the time he could've fought Ortiz, him waiting for a year wasn't at all likely. Chances are he'd be fighting Wilder this year if he beat Ortiz.

Comment

Monitor tan scholars are at it... again. Your misinterpretation of what Eddie Hearn and Joshua said isn't my problem, but let's try to fix that.

Shelly Finkel told WBN:

This comports with what Wilder said. Are you a more believable source than Shelly Finkel and Deontay Wilder, monitor tan scholar? Let me know.

INB4 "Bbbut they're lying."
              sigh.

Let me type this REAL slow so that even you can understand it.

The contract is NOT between Joshua and Wilder. Joshua is not a promoter, Hearn is. The contract is between Hearn and Wilder. Joshua is not a party to that contract, and there isnt even a place for him to sign it because he is not the one paying Wilder or guaranteeing the terms.

I have written, viewed, and signed hundreds upon hundreds of bout contracts, and I have NEVER seen one that has the opponents signature on it. It would be completely irrelevant.
              Last edited by OnePunch; 08-06-2018, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Is OnePunch from BoxingScene a more credible source than Deontay Wilder, Shelly Finkel, AND Barry Hearn?

Let's wait for his reply.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                  sigh.

Let me type this REAL slow so that even you can understand it.

The contract is NOT between Joshua and Wilder. Joshua is not a promoter, Hearn is. The contract is between Hearn and Wilder. Joshua is not a party to that contract, and there isnt even a place for him to sign it because he is not the one paying Wilder or guaranteeing the terms.
                  You're a ****** from BoxingScene disputing what's been said by Deontay Wilder, Shelly Finkel, and Barry Hearn. Stop posting.

Comment

posters say they are tired of wilder fighting bums, then he fights Ortiz and that's not enough (he became an old fossil bum), now hes trying to fight fury (the best fighter available other than aj) and they are bringing up whyte and breazelle, i really don't understand the logic

Comment

Is OnePunch from BoxingScene a more credible source than Deontay Wilder, Shelly Finkel, AND Barry Hearn?

Let's wait for his reply.
                      look dunce, they may have sent a copy of the signature page of the contract between Hearn and Josgua just to prove that joshua signed off on his end with Hearn, but that has nothing to do with the contract between Hearn and Wilder.

But silly me, I only had a over decade in the business. Im sure that internet experts like you know better.

Peace......

Comment

Working...
                      X