Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So is HBO Boxing pretty much close to being done?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So is HBO Boxing pretty much close to being done?

Outside of Canelo, GGG, Rungvisai, Kovalev & Jacobs, who else fights on there? It almost feels pointless to keep HBO Boxing around at this point.
    Last edited by BIG GUNZ; 07-17-2018, 10:20 PM.

Basically that's all that's left. You could do worse than having Canelo and GGG for your rare boxing events on HBO though.

Comment

Originally posted by a5pe4 View Post
      Basically that's all that's left. You could do worse than having Canelo and GGG for your rare boxing events on HBO though.
      True, but even they’re not enough. I don’t see anyone subscribing to HBO at this point strictly for Boxing anymore. They have like one show every other month now.

Comment

That's pretty much it in terms of the big names. The only other fights that they've had this year that I can remember was Ali vs Munguia, Matthysse vs Kiram, and Rungvisai vs Estrada.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
          True, but even they’re not enough. I don’t see anyone subscribing to HBO at this point strictly for Boxing anymore. They have like one show every other month now.
          Yeah but they aren't a boxing channel anyway. They just do a few shows that will still have subscribers just for Canelo and GGG fights. They know their original shows are the real reasons to subscribe so they aren't worried about the boxing piece too much.

Comment

Originally posted by a5pe4 View Post
            Yeah but they aren't a boxing channel anyway. They just do a few shows that will still have subscribers just for Canelo and GGG fights. They know their original shows are the real reasons to subscribe so they aren't worried about the boxing piece too much.
            That’s true. But they used to run so many shows per year where even if you subscribed just for Boxing it was worth it. Now Boxing has been put on the backburner & no one will subscribe just for Boxing anymore.

lol I wonder how Lampley & Kellerman feel about how things have turned out. I’m surprised Kellerman hasn’t called any ESPN fights yet though since he’s on First Take on ESPN. I’m guessing he’s possibly refusing to out of respect for Lampley since it would probably cause friction between them if he’s calling fights on another network. Or maybe he has an exclusive contract with HBO when it comes to calling fights.

Comment

They are going to have Berchelt vs Roman allegedly.

Comment

Even Michael buffer is done with them

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
                  Even Michael buffer is done with them
                  lol yeah not a good sign at all.

Comment

Who does Showtime have. Joshua is with DAZN now.

Comment

Working...
                    X