Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao vs Adrien Broner - Jan 19 - Showtime PPV - Las Vegas - WBA Regular

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broner is a journeyman bum

Comment

the ONLY angle to sell this on PPV is "come watch the big mouth Broner get humbled by the good guy Manny".. therefore AB will carry this whole promotion on his back with his mouth and antics. he deserves a bigger split.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        If you don't even know the stats you are looking for you are really a bad person to be trying to argue against something.

They are. By not putting on PPV's of note in January. You don't think they'd be putting on PPV's every damn January if they could make money doing it? Promoters aren't a non-profit.

I don't follow ratings so much. I was always more interested in the PPV sh^t so I can't even comment on this. There's ratings dorks around here doe that can comment on this better than I.

If December 31st was made a boxing holiday I'd agree with you. If Jan. 19 was a boxing holiday I'd agree with you. It'd be an event.

Sure, but its a solid bet less people would of bought it. Hence less revenue. Hence everyone gets less money.

The more sh^t you are competing with the less money you'll make. And the NFL & Christmas are events. Same with that Dec. 31 UFC date. They made it an event. They got a built in audience thats been expecting it all year.

Again man I think they do by across the board not putting on big fights during certain times of year.

Well its not like sh^t don't change to. Cuz Tyson has 4 of the top 6 June PPV's still today, but since 2002 only 1 fight (Pacquiao vs Bradley I) has broken the top 10 June PPV numbers.

And if you look at September 6 of the top 10 fights currently happened in 2009-2018. And May is even more saturated with recent fights with 8 of the top 10 fights currently happening in 2009-2017. That might suggest who's the most popular fighters control where the boxing PPV dollars are going & what months are more viable then others. But you still gotta start the trend to making something as big as it can be. Cuz Canelo didn't build September into the best month for a boxing PPV. Oscar did the groundwork for him & til Canelo came around he was all over the top ten for September specifically.

So you can see there is an argument there is a lot deeper sh^t going on here than just a big fight can happen any day on the calendar. And when the influence steers one way that means its hurting the ability of others in gaining influence in the same market on other dates.

And this is why I think Canelo leaving PPV leaves a very open gap which I made a thread about that COULD open things up with a new PPV boxing event date. But whoever tries it will still be fighting the current that Oscar & Canelo laid so basically Haymon should be trying to get Mikey to take a big May & September fight this year if he's smart cuz I believe Mikey is the most promising guy to takeover the May & September boxing holiday dates.
        No, give me the "data" I should be looking at then. The data that gives boxing folks keep talking about but never present.

December 31st doesn't even need to be a boxing holiday. Put on a big card and see what it does. It dispels the myth of people not wanting to pay for a PPV in December because it is so close to the holidays.

I'll give you some ratings for boxing during college football season.

Golovkin vs Rubio 1.3 million
        Crawford vs Benavidez 2.24 million
        Golovkin vs Stevens 1.4 million
        Broner vs Demarco 1.05 million
        Ward vs Rodriguez Over a million (couldn't find exact number)
        Ward vs Dawson 1.3 million

See the point here? Seems like you can do just fine putting on cards during college football but Espinoza keeps saying it hurts the ratings or it hurts going up against college fball but I'd like to see some data back that point up that is all.

As for September/May dominating the top spots, well yeah since that is where Mayweather/Canelo have fought on since 08 or 09. Mayweather also did the second highest numbers ever on August against McGregor. Pacman was pulling in million+ buys on non-May/September months. Put Canelo on April and August instead of May/September and he still puts up those big ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          No, give me the "data" I should be looking at then. The data that gives boxing folks keep talking about but never present.
          You seriously got no clue what data you're looking for?

Well first off I'd suggest you look at spending habits through out the year. Personally I think thats a big driver of when people put on a PPV & generally mfers are broke or are being tighter with their money at the beginning of the year cuz they just spent more money then usually during the holidays for gifts, vacations, family sh^t, etc.

I also think attention is important to determine, although I'm not sure exactly what info you'd wanna look into exactly to determine where people's attention is focused among the spectrum of choices one has with other events (on tv, PPV, theaters, festivals & holidays, etc.). I mean again this sh^t seems super obvious to me cuz they don't put out the big movies at the beginning of the year either. So its not just like boxing is being weird. Moves come out at certain times of year to cuz mfers got less money or less free time or got other sh^t they are focused on.

December 31st doesn't even need to be a boxing holiday. Put on a big card and see what it does. It dispels the myth of people not wanting to pay for a PPV in December because it is so close to the holidays.
          Who's saying you can't put King Kong vs Godzilla on Christmas & make money? I'm just saying you aren't maximizing your profit. And I'm to believe Promoters are in this to make money & get the most eyes on their profit.

I'll give you some ratings for boxing during college football season.

Golovkin vs Rubio 1.3 million
          Crawford vs Benavidez 2.24 million
          Golovkin vs Stevens 1.4 million
          Broner vs Demarco 1.05 million
          Ward vs Rodriguez Over a million (couldn't find exact number)
          Ward vs Dawson 1.3 million

See the point here? Seems like you can do just fine putting on cards during college football but Espinoza keeps saying it hurts the ratings or it hurts going up against college fball but I'd like to see some data back that point up that is all.
          I don't see the point here cuz idk what those numbers mean in relation to what those guys could be doing elsewhere at different times of year or the expectations Showtime had for those fights. I trust Espinoza & anyone with skin in the game to be looking out for their own best interest & that would imply max ratings & PPV buys.

As for September/May dominating the top spots, well yeah since that is where Mayweather/Canelo have fought on since 08 or 09. Mayweather also did the second highest numbers ever on August against McGregor. Pacman was pulling in million+ buys on non-May/September months. Put Canelo on April and August instead of May/September and he still puts up those big ratings.
          Again I think you are missing the point. The point isn't Canelo could fight on St Patrick's day & do good numbers. The point is he can fight in May & September & do his biggest numbers. Why does Canelo or GBP care they can do $80M in revenue on St. Patricks day when they can do $121M revenue on Mexican Independence day? The goal isn't to give March, or any other month, some better PPV numbers for histories sake. Its to get max PPV numbers for their own sake.

Comment

To be announced soon

Comment

Working...
            X