Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux is a waste, is not top 10 p4p and will never be 1st ballot hall of famer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigondeaux is a waste, is not top 10 p4p and will never be 1st ballot hall of famer

This is what you call wasted talent. I seen videos of this guy flexing his rolex and walking out with his lats spread in Miami, smh

He is 37 with only 17 fights as a pro, he is his only great win is against Nonito Donaire, he ain't even in the top 10 p4p in my book and anyone who puts him there now is crazy and he will never be a first ballot guy, he wasted his career and talent by inactivity and stupid decisions.

Whats wrong with this guy? Last I heard is He left when Arum offered him Lomachenko and Walters at 126 but later said he was too small and wanted the fight at a catchweight of 124 or something like that.

Only way he can be a hall of famer at this rate is if he fights 4 times in one year and all top level champion types at 122 or 126.

What a waste. And dont give me that BS that people are ducking him, Rigo had the chance to sign with Haymon but chose Roc Nation

had him in my p4p top 10 but thinking about it thats just from habit of putting him there post donaire, why should he be there really lol, has pretty much done nothing in his career since and that was only one win. Surely walters should be higher based on what he did to donaire. Really is a terrific fighter but has completely wasted his career

Comment

Many things went wrong. He got ducked plenty. But, he also chose to fight in a way that is network poison, and then sat shelved waiting for decent paying fights.
      Sad all around. Goes to show that being extremely talented and undefeated doesn't necessarily secure your future in the sport.

Comment

Walters deserves more of that p4p spot placement than Rigondeaux...

Comment

I don't really do P4P but if I did Rigo would still be up there just on the eye test, but that doesn't mean his career ain't a smoking ruin. As has been pointed out, some bad luck, some bad style, some being avoided - but yeah, just a massive waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            I don't really do P4P but if I did Rigo would still be up there just on the eye test, but that doesn't mean his career ain't a smoking ruin. As has been pointed out, some bad luck, some bad style, some being avoided - but yeah, just a massive waste.
            LMAO just stop man, there are some guys who look slick but aint fought anyone should they be on there too from the eye test because you like how a guy stands or swagger int he ring come on man.

Comment

If Golovkin is there so should Rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                LMAO just stop man, there are some guys who look slick but aint fought anyone should they be on there too from the eye test because you like how a guy stands or swagger int he ring come on man.
                Thanks bud, like I said I don't really do P4P cos it's big bag of subjective bull****, but if I did I wouldn't be askin your opinion anyway. Thanks for the advice though.

Comment

Good call and I totally agree. It's probably too late now.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post

Rigo had the chance to sign with Haymon but chose Roc Nation
                    This is a misconception a lot of people have. Haymon didn't have much interest in Rigondeaux because of Rigo's association with Caribe promotions.

Caribe doesn't do anything besides collect a check and Haymon would have to be doing all the heavy lifting.

Comment

Working...
                    X